Tropo Bug

Tarik Dosdogru

Stu Antonio

Never heard of that, never experienced that. I usually enter the Tropo, but it‘s somewhere between FL 360 and 420 most of the time. How „low“ are we speaking? 

Markus Burkhard
17 hours ago, Tarik Dosdogru said:

i found out that the known Tropo bug is still present in the last update

The bug is indeed supposed to be fixed. If you still see an issue, then please provide details and reproduction steps if you have, thanks!

• Like 1
Richard Partridge

Not necessarily. In Winter time during cold weather/cold pool, the tropopause can be well below FL 300. 

3 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Never heard of that, never experienced that. I usually enter the Tropo, but it‘s somewhere between FL 360 and 420 most of the time. How „low“ are we speaking? 

• Thanks 1
Tarik Dosdogru

on this flight i had a tropo value of 260 (from simbreif on that day) and the AP couldn´t go into managed mode. i then entered 360 and everything was fine.

i investigate further and try to replicate

• Thanks 1
Karl Brooker

We will need the OFP you used (include departure and arrival runways and SID/STAR etc) and the tropo value you entered.

Tarik Dosdogru

ok, on this flight today the tropo value i entred was 283 (like the FP says on TOC). The aircraft had difficulties in going to managed speed only. managed climb was ok. after several tries at 6000ft managed speed worked. But short after that it reverted back to selected speed unable to go to managed speed again until i changed the tropo value to 320.

I attached the FP

Dep. Rwy was 23l at EDDL with SID MEVE3T. Arrv Rwy is RNAV07 at EPKK

i am sure if the tropo value would have benn lower like 260 the whole AP would not work in managed mode.

Hope that helps!

EDDLEPKK_FSX_09Nov19.pln

Tarik Dosdogru

today it did the same thing again. it seems the managed mode for pitch and roll is fixed but not the speed. the tropo value was 277 at TOC and the aircraft switched from managed speed back to selceted speed everytime untill i entred tropo value of 300. can you have a look at it? i attached the FP

SID at ENBR was: EPOT2C out of RWY17  

ENBREIDW_PDF_1573628826.pdf

• 1 year later...
Konstantin Lysenko

Hi all! My observations are when you enter low tropopause, flight plan is calculated by FMGS in a rather strange manner. Not always but usually I see that TOD point overlaps TOC point and because of that I was not able to change speed to managed mode. Then what I did is just changed cruise altitude in PROG page to a lower value until F-PLN clearly separate TOC and TOD and after that everything returned to normal. One more thing related to the same I guess (at least I had same issue every time with low tropopause value) is when it is time to descend, I start it approx. 6-5 nm prior to the TOD and once plane reaches the profile, the vertical profile indicator (green circle) just suddenly dives down to 2000 feet below or so, like if I would be 2000 feet higher above the vertical profile. Then of course plane starts chasing it with very high vertical speed if in managed descent. This is weird and not sure if connected to the same.

Regards,

Konstantin

Alberto Restifo

I'm able to reproduce this bug consistently now that it's winter and the tropopause is usually lower than the cruise level.

Every time the bug happens, simply raising the tropopause until it's maybe 2000ft below the cruise level, fixes the calculations.

I don't what impact it has on realism (calculations of the FMGS and so on), but it would be nice to at least see some acknowledgement from FSLabs that this bug is still under investigation, given that it's been happening for a long time.

Thanks!

Markus Burkhard

The issue has been worked on and coming with the next version, you should no longer have any trouble with adjusting TROPO values.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Raymond DESACHY

Hello

Where can we find the tropo of the day to modify it in FSL.

Thank you

Raymond

Raymond DESACHY

Thank you Alberto

I am indeed using SimBrief, but I cannot find this information.

Could you tell me where I find this information in SimBrief.

Thank you for your help.

Raymond