FSX [Resolved] aircraft.cfg not saving / Multiple entries with the same name

Jamie Boreham

Jamie Boreham

Hi all

I wonder if you can help me solve an issue I have with my FSX A320 installation. I recently updated to the latest version after a while of not flying. 

After the installation, when I load up FSX I get a warning about multiple entries in the FSLabs A320X IAE aircraft.cfg. To resolve it, I've edited the .cfg so that each line with the A320 X includes the aircraft registration. I save the file, reopen it to check the settings are saved (and they are), then close it.

When I restart FSX and go to select an aircraft I get the same error message. When I close FSX and check the aircraft.cfg file again, I see that it's removed the changes I verified were there before I restarted FSX! I can't really work out why that's happening - can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I've attached the two aircraft.cfg files - the first is after I quit FSX to find my changes missing and the second is when I've made the changes.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jamie Boreham

aircraft.cfg aircraft1.cfg

Norman Blackburn

Hi Jamie,

Please don't give yourself heartache :)

There is no need to be editing your aircraft.cfg - your adding things will be the very reason you are getting duplicates.

In each of the livery folders make sure that a text file called fltsim.cfg is there.  It might look something like this (it can be less, it can be more).

[Fltsim]
texture=EZYn G-EZTA
atc_id=G-EZTA
atc_airline=Easyjet
ui_variation=Easyjet (new colors) (G-EZTA)
selcal_id=DE-QS
airframe_msn=3805
airline_iata_code=EZY
airline_icao_code=EZY
max_num_pax=180/60/60/60

Thats it! Just run the sim and let it work its magic :) 

• 3 weeks later...
Jamie Boreham

Thank you Norman! To stop the warning message, should I replace the aircraft.cfg file in the main Sim Object > FSLABS A320 IAE folder?

At the moment, I can't select many of my variants in the choose aircraft menu because of the duplication issue... :)

Thanks again!

Jamie

Jamie Boreham
On 11/18/2019 at 9:39 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

Easiest. 

Uninstall.

Delete fslabs folder

Reinstall

Perfect - took a couple of goes but now it's working without the errors! Thank you Norman, really appreciate your help with that :)

• Norman Blackburn locked this topic