Flight Simulator 2020

Jean-Michel FRANCOIS

Hon-Chun Chan
1 hour ago, NilsUnger said:

Yes, so much for the theory we don't need aircraft add-ons anymore. 

That's always intentional IMO. Make them simple and 'close' enough for casuals on Xbox or Game Pass to hoon around with, but it's never going to be an option for us who craves FSLabs-level quality and complexity.....

It's interesting that SimConnect as well as the legacy flight model (If I heard that correctly in the video) will be supported. Turnaround times should be much faster for P3D developers.

Artur Araripe
27 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don’t understand the surprise. In all the time they’ve released Flight Sim products the default aircraft have always been so-so. Hence the release of the SDK to aid third party developers.

Well, to put it simply, they have shown a different A320 cockpit at first. And now this horrid thing. It's disgusting to look at. It's beyond simplicity. It looks like a freeware mod aircraft for GTA V 

Lefteris Kalamaras
7 hours ago, Hon-Chun Chan said:

That's always intentional IMO. Make them simple and 'close' enough for casuals on Xbox or Game Pass to hoon around with, but it's never going to be an option for us who craves FSLabs-level quality and complexity.....

It's interesting that SimConnect as well as the legacy flight model (If I heard that correctly in the video) will be supported. Turnaround times should be much faster for P3D developers.

I always love the reasoning provided by our faithful and loyal customers to justify how quick or slow development and turnaround times will be.

The simple fact, however, is that until 3rd parties have more information, it's all conjecture and rumor.

Just don't read too much into it, please, as it will only be yourselves to disappoint.

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot
7 hours ago, Artur Araripe said:

Well, to put it simply, they have shown a different A320 cockpit at first. And now this horrid thing. It's disgusting to look at. It's beyond simplicity. It looks like a freeware mod aircraft for GTA V 

It's in alpha. That means things change. It's not simplistic for the casual flyer. It will look great to them. What you want from Microsoft would effectively put thirs party developers out of business. Is that really what you want???

9 hours ago, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

Apart from that the trailer also shows the 320 cockpit, and it does not look very good in my opinion. All the displays are wrong and incomplete. It is still WIP, so we need to wait to see what it will look like on release day. But so far, regarding the 320 in MSFS, I'm really not impressed.

It's funny cause as you can see on the first trailer the displays looked fine : 

420f244a1aff1938e08e5444b5d99a22.jpg

Let's not talk about the mainpanel model :blink:.
But hey it's in WIP, we all know it, I guess it's just funny to point stuff like that out :lol:

so either the one in the trailer is an addon from another developer and the one in the dynamics video is their own variant.  but it is  an interesting difference.

15 minutes ago, koen meier said:

so either the one in the trailer is an addon from another developer and the one in the dynamics video is their own variant.  but it is  an interesting difference.

Nah that's the exact same model, I believe they're the same but maybe not the same date footage, or for the beauty of the trailer they've just added some static textures for the display, cause if you look closely the ND isn't moving as the aircraft do.

• Like 2
Artur Araripe
1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It's in alpha. That means things change. It's not simplistic for the casual flyer. It will look great to them. What you want from Microsoft would effectively put thirs party developers out of business. Is that really what you want???

Yea, I know. It's just that they had shown a different cockpit on the announcement trailer (which is the one that Hugo posted right above) and this current one looks nothing like it. Which then leads to another question: was it CGI at first? (the announcement trailer). But yea I do think it's just a placeholder with static textures atm which might or might not get better.

On 11/22/2019 at 10:11 AM, koen meier said:

Or its something worked out with the official partnership with airbus?! ;) 
Don´t you think they have a kind of "own simulation" for their development? Just keep calm and wait for the Alpha 1 to be released and first hands-on will be revealed and until we get more infos about 3rd party devs. They said on the X019 that they have personally talked now to around 60 devs - which, I hope and think - FSL is one of as they just have the best and immersive addon on the market.

• Like 3
Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
40 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Or its something worked out with the official partnership with airbus?! ;) 

I'll post what I said on avsim yesterday:

Partnership can mean litteraly everything. It can range from full support for developpement , from the plane geometry to the systems, and all the data you can think of. It can also mean a simple licensing to be able to use the company name and logo ingame.

It is by no mean a guarantee of quality.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 8:38 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

I always love the reasoning provided by our faithful and loyal customers to justify how quick or slow development and turnaround times will be.

The simple fact, however, is that until 3rd parties have more information, it's all conjecture and rumor.

Just don't read too much into it, please, as it will only be yourselves to disappoint.

Just don‘t tap the brakes too hard :P

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
Eric Fisher
10 hours ago, Jules Marhuenda said:

Now that we have the release date of MFS2020, do we have any information from FSL ?

Bruh....we still waiting on the SL upgrade for P3D and then the compatibility update for P3D 5.1

Henrik Witbaard
On 7/19/2020 at 7:36 AM, Jules Marhuenda said:

Now that we have the release date of MFS2020, do we have any information from FSL ?

Not yet, as far as i know and the SDK doesn't seem to be finished yet.
But after all these pictures, videos and updates i've seen, it really seems not only to be THE simulator we´ve been waiting for but a great base for the future as well and i hope FsLabs will be able to develop aircraft addons for this sim.
(Would love to fly Concorde again someday :) )

On 7/22/2020 at 4:09 PM, Henrik Witbaard said:

Not yet, as far as i know and the SDK doesn't seem to be finished yet.
But after all these pictures, videos and updates i've seen, it really seems not only to be THE simulator we´ve been waiting for but a great base for the future as well and i hope FsLabs will be able to develop aircraft addons for this sim.
(Would love to fly Concorde again someday :) )

I‘m sure they will be able and also do it. But it seems that MSFS requires a complete new development of aircraft addons, there is no „easy port“ possible. So when/if FSL releases for MSFS is probably simply a matter of (much) time.