Flight Simulator 2020

Jean-Michel FRANCOIS

Ray Proudfoot
3 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

The Colimata is a WIP still. I heard the modeling is pretty good, but the systems do need a lot of work. 

It is and until it's finished it cannot be fully assessed. The aircraft looks great but the systems need a great deal of work. Impossible to gauge how good the flight model is until it's finished.

On 10/20/2019 at 5:31 PM, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Are you sure? They also said the plane was 'amazing' :D

"Amazing" is a very over-used word anyway... the AS A330 isn't a bad addon.. it looks good, it flies okay (if you take their 320 series as a substitution until it's released) and the performance is quite good. Sure, it lacks in detail but AS have never tried to sell a real study level airplane... so far for that money it's an "amazing" addon... 

• 2 weeks later...
Artur Araripe

Nenhuma descrição de foto disponível.

And it's now confirmed that Flight Simulator 2020 will be on Game Pass PC. If you have a Discord Nitro subscription, Discord partnered with Microsoft and they are giving away a 3-month Game Pass subscription key. 

Ray Proudfoot
33 minutes ago, Hugo Bicho said:

The model looks really really good for a "free" default aircraft !

Microsoft included Concorde in FS2000. It looked great externally but the flight model was nothing like the real thing.

• Like 2
Christoph Sebek

They need to show actual in game performances. These well rendered high definition shots/videos won't proof a thing in terms of stable performance. It's a lot of eye candy until now let us see where this path will lead us. My two cents. 

• Like 1
Svyetoslav Kobelyev
52 minutes ago, Christoph Sebek said:

They need to show actual in game performances. These well rendered high definition shots/videos won't proof a thing in terms of stable performance. It's a lot of eye candy until now let us see where this path will lead us. My two cents. 

• Like 2
Frederic Nadot

A lot of wives and mothers will hate Microsoft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Ray Proudfoot

I'm not sure Southampton qualifies as a beautiful city. Some footage over Liverpool or Manchester would have been welcome. And nothing of airports yet, just tantilising glimpses on approach. I would love to see a fly-over of London Heathrow.

• Haha 1
Ray Proudfoot

Thanks @Andrew Wilson. Short but enough to get a good idea of a default Heathrow. What 3rd party developers can add to airports will be interesting. 29m onwards for those interested.

Christoph Sebek
1 hour ago, Svyetoslav Kobelyev said:

Nice find.

Well lovely looking for sure.

Let's redo this with PMDG or FSL. :lol: 

Hope my 4790K and 1070 can cope with that. ^_^

Edited by Christoph Sebek
More content
1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'm not sure Southampton qualifies as a beautiful city. Some footage over Liverpool or Manchester would have been welcome. 

lol Ray, sometimes I like the dry and biting british humour.. 

Ray Proudfoot
39 minutes ago, Marc Ehnle said:

lol Ray, sometimes I like the dry and biting british humour.. 

More frustration than humour Marc. Florence is definitely a beautiful city. Brussels?? Hmmm, not sure about that one. Manchester isn't but I'm familiar with it. Liverpool has a great waterfront and it's about time Anfield was seen in a simulator given I've had to put up with Old Trafford for years in FSX/P3D. :D

For a wow factor I really think they need footage around Rio and Sugerloaf mountain.

• Haha 2
Artur Araripe

So far I'm very impressed with the default aircraft. That Citation is looking spicy :wub:

I don't want to get my hopes up but it certainly looks like an absolute game changer. Let's wait and see.

35 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

So far I'm very impressed with the default aircraft. That Citation is looking spicy :wub:

I don't want to get my hopes up but it certainly looks like an absolute game changer. Let's wait and see.

honestly I very much doubt the default airplanes will offer any system depth.. that will be the playground for addon developers. However the scenery and grapfic at all is impressive. 

• Like 1
Artur Araripe

Yea I don't expect any system depth either, but - given its modifiable - someone will eventually try and modify it to make it more realistic, like someone did with the default 737 in X-Plane 11. 

• Like 1
Daniel Glover

Just a small callback to the subscription, 4 years at $5 a month is $240, or roughly a new P3D upgrade. Make of that what you will.

I own gamepass anyway because it's a smashing deal, Flight Simulator is already in my iron sights.

• Like 1
Artur Araripe

Not to mention that Microsoft is basically giving it away every now and then. 2 free months on Alienware Arena, 3 free months with a Discord Nitro subscription, the 3 months with newly purchased AMD hardware and even the 3 months + 3 months Discord Nitro + 1 month Spotify for $1 ;)

I have an active subscription until Aug 2020 and I didn't spend a dime for it.

Just now, Artur Araripe said:

Not to mention that Microsoft is basically giving it away every now and then. 2 free months on Alienware Arena, 3 free months with a Discord Nitro subscription, the 3 months with newly purchased AMD hardware and even the 3 months + 3 months Discord Nitro + 1 month Spotify for $1 ;)

P3d dev version is 10$ a month and game pass is 10 euro per month for console and PC when it is out of beta. So you are paying 480 dollars or so for 4 years. P3d academic is just 60$ and professional is 200$. That means saving 420$ or 280$ compared to a subscription. Game pass ultimate is now 3 months at 1$ then 15$. So 4 years of ultimate now is 678$. With ultimate you get extra 1 month EA, 3 months discord nitro and 6 months Spotify. Those are savings you make.

Artur Araripe

But don't forget that it won't be subscription only. You will also have the option to purchase the game with a one time payment, and it probably won't be more than 60 usd as it's usually the pricing that Microsoft goes with. The Xbox Game Pass is just an alternative. A pretty good alternative, shall I say, considering it also allows you to play a bunch of other titles (old and newly released). I'd say that looking through this prism, it's far cheaper than Prepar3d could ever be.

1 minute ago, Artur Araripe said:

But don't forget that it won't be subscription only. You will also have the option to purchase the game with a one time payment, and it probably won't be more than 60 usd as it's usually the pricing that Microsoft goes with. The Xbox Game Pass is just an alternative. A pretty good alternative, shall I say, considering it also allows you to play a bunch of other titles (old and newly released). I'd say that looking through this prism, it's far cheaper than Prepar3d could ever be.

Yeah if you do it for one game then the normal method is cheaper but if you play also other games then the game pass becomes interesting.

Artur Araripe

It really does. Not to mention that you can keep an active subscription for free if you keep an eye out for all the companies giving it away every now and then ;)

They will keep doing this for a while because this whole subscription system is quite new and gamers are not used to that, allowing for some reluctance. Give it away for free at first, and then you might make your customer base. At least that's how drug dealers do, right?

Dmitrij Nazarenko
On 11/15/2019 at 2:18 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'm not sure Southampton qualifies as a beautiful city. Some footage over Liverpool or Manchester would have been welcome. And nothing of airports yet, just tantilising glimpses on approach. I would love to see a fly-over of London Heathrow.

Those are boring too :P

I would love to see some footage from Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, South America.

Western/Central part of Europe and US have been shown to death, and it's clear that it will have high fidelity. Time to show off different parts of the world!

On 11/15/2019 at 9:59 PM, Artur Araripe said:

Hopefully they will aim to release A320 NEO close to the real thing as well, like they stated about 747. Honestly, I would even take AS A320 level of fidelity to fully move to MSFS 2020 and forget about P3D.

• Like 1
Camille MOUCHEL

PMDG is already working on the NG3 for MSFS2020, I hope that FSLAB will be able to port quickly their A32X into MSFS2020 without havig to wait 5+ years..

Anyway it said that MSFS2020 have already Airbus and Boeing as patners so maybe microsft will deliver study sim Airbuses and boeings

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

They say in the trailer that they are releasing an early version of the SDK before the end of the year so 3rd party developers can get a head start.

What worries me is that their new aerodynamics system, with  1000 surfaces will be impossible to achieve for 3rd party developers without direct data from the manufacturers. I might be wrong, but this does not seem like something you can reverse engineer. That might be why they decided to keep the legacy flight model in the sim.

Apart from that the trailer also shows the 320 cockpit, and it does not look very good in my opinion. All the displays are wrong and incomplete. It is still WIP, so we need to wait to see what it will look like on release day. But so far, regarding the 320 in MSFS, I'm really not impressed.

23 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

Oh god have you guys seen their default Airbus cockpit? LMAO

Yes, so much for the theory we don't need aircraft add-ons anymore. 

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, Artur Araripe said:

Oh god have you guys seen their default Airbus cockpit? LMAO

I don’t understand the surprise. In all the time they’ve released Flight Sim products the default aircraft have always been so-so. Hence the release of the SDK to aid third party developers.