Jump to content

"PMCO - Pilot Monitoring Callouts" - ask and discuss HERE


NilsUnger

Recommended Posts

John Mead
2 hours ago, NilsUnger said:

Hi John,

unfortunately, the version currently for download does not.

I am wrapping up a version that hopefully will support FSUIPC6 (I can't say with certainty, because I still use FSUIPC5). I want to upload this version as a beta (here in this thread), as I rewrote big parts of the code to support go-arounds and touch-and-goes with their associated callouts. I've done some basic testing myself, but it's too early to say that it's stable, that's why I'm asking fellow simmers to try this beta. More to follow shortly.

Working 100% in FSUIPC6

Link to post
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • NilsUnger

    73

  • Alexander Luzajic

    30

  • Peter Pukhnoy

    15

  • Wanthuyr Filho

    9

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the right place to ask for support, discuss the matter or maybe even give praise to the creators of the PMCO Lua script. Download it from here:      

Short video showcasing PMCO. Good job gents!  

I have finished my next addition to the script. It is the automatic detection of the default (FSLabs) V1 callout setting. I ran into situations where both V1 callouts were played, the one from PMCO

Posted Images

NilsUnger

I have attached a beta version to the opening post of this thread.

If you are brave enough, you could try this version. Don't download this version if you expect everything to work 100%. It may not.

It would be of great help if some of you could do some touch-and-goes, go-arounds or rejected takeoffs in different models (A319, A320, A321) and liveries to validate the whole thing. Liveries matter, because the script reads the fltsim.cfg of the livery to detect the setting of the default FSLabs V1 callout, to avoid double callouts.

Would be lovely, if the sound artists could expand their sound sets for more diversity. @Frederic Nadot, @Nick Kidd and maybe others. Until then, only the included TTS soundset offers all the callouts.

Install instructions and new features are listed in the included readme.

Please report your findings. Save Landings!

Thanks again to @Peter Pukhnoy for his support.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Holger Teutsch

Works great with FSUIPC6. Did a touch&go session, they only thing missing was the DECEL callout on my final landing.

For your README:

The installation path is

...\Prepar3D v4Add-ons\FSUIPC6

or if you have V5 and/or a dual installation it's always

...\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
NilsUnger
4 hours ago, Holger Teutsch said:

they only thing missing was the DECEL callout

Hi Holger, can you tell me more about the landing? Did spoilers, reverse and 70kts callouts play? Did you use autobrake? In all my tests the decel callout was played. 

Link to post
Holger Teutsch

Yes, spoilers and 70 were there.

A timing issue? decel shadowed by spoilers?

   632969 LUA: PMCOMCDU: reading Vapp from PM MCDU
   632969 LUA: PMCOMCDU: Vapp = 128
   638329 LUA: PMCO: 11:19:51 - 'stand up' callout
   640829 LUA: PMCO: 11:19:53 - 'go' callout
   643235 LUA: PMCO: 11:19:56 - 'toga set' callout
   645485 LUA: PMCO: 11:19:58 - 'rotate' callout
   650797 LUA: PMCO: 11:20:03 - ++ PMCO phase = climbOut
   650907 LUA: PMCO: 11:20:03 - 'positive climb' callout
   653594 LUA: PMCO: 11:20:06 - ++ PMCO phase = cruise
   653704 LUA: PMCO: 11:20:06 - 'climb set' callout
   658938 LUA: PMCO: 11:20:11 - 'gear up' callout
   845532 LUA: PMCO: 11:23:18 - ++ PMCO phase = landing
   846657 LUA: PMCO: 11:23:19 - 'gear down' callout
   862110 LUA: PMCO: 11:23:35 - 'flaps 3' callout
   917454 LUA: PMCO: 11:24:30 - 'flaps full' callout
  1026266 LUA: PMCO: 11:26:19 - 'spoilers' callout
  1029860 LUA: PMCO: 11:26:22 - 'decel' callout
  1040313 LUA: PMCO: 11:26:33 - '70kts' callout
  1055438 LUA: PMCO: 11:26:48 - ++ PMCO phase = taxiing
  1198938 *** LUA Error: ...olger\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6\PMCO.lua:74: attempt to compare number with nil

 

Link to post
NilsUnger
8 minutes ago, Holger Teutsch said:

A timing issue? decel shadowed by spoilers?

Could be, but I think it would be the other way around.

Does the wav play if you open it in windows?

Link to post
Alexander Luzajic
On 8/20/2019 at 5:26 PM, NilsUnger said:

This is the right place to ask for support, discuss the matter or maybe even give praise to the creators of the PMCO Lua script.

Download it from here (see optional beta version attached to THIS post; WARNING: betas are NOT tested sufficiently!):

 

 

PMCO_-_Pilot_Monitoring_Callouts_(V2.0_beta_1).zip 5.29 MB · 12 downloads

Hi Nils,

which one to download? One here or at the download page? There you have two...One Main and one where you "apologized"......LOL

 

Link to post
Alexander Luzajic
1 hour ago, NilsUnger said:

The last "stable" version is 1.9.

Then there is the 2.0 beta. I guess you know what a beta is. Sorry for not being clear enough. 

Well I do....not sure if you need any help....let me know what do you want me to download. Just have to give me a hand to install

Link to post
Alexander Luzajic
2 hours ago, NilsUnger said:

The last "stable" version is 1.9.

Then there is the 2.0 beta. I guess you know what a beta is. Sorry for not being clear enough. 

This part I didn't understood:

!!!IMPORTANT!!! Replace "FSLabs" with the name of your FSLabs-specific FSUIPC profile if you have one

 

And I have only two FSL entries:

[Profile.A320]
1=FSLabs A321X CFM - Air Canada (C-FGKP)
2=FSLabs A320X CFM - Air Canada Rouge C-GFCH

 

And than I added at the bottom as required:

[Auto.FSLabs]
1=Lua PMCO

Added 1in front as you suggested.

Do I need to change something else or I am good to go?

Link to post
Fritz_Essono
2 hours ago, NilsUnger said:

The last "stable" version is 1.9.

Then there is the 2.0 beta. I guess you know what a beta is. Sorry for not being clear enough. 

2.0 beta installed and working here. Love the new callouts. Cheers.

Link to post
Peter Pukhnoy
59 minutes ago, Alexander Luzajic said:

This part I didn't understood:

!!!IMPORTANT!!! Replace "FSLabs" with the name of your FSLabs-specific FSUIPC profile if you have one

 

And I have only two FSL entries:

[Profile.A320]
1=FSLabs A321X CFM - Air Canada (C-FGKP)
2=FSLabs A320X CFM - Air Canada Rouge C-GFCH

 

And than I added at the bottom as required:

[Auto.FSLabs]
1=Lua PMCO

Added 1in front as you suggested.

Do I need to change something else or I am good to go?

I suggested to Nils that he add that instruction because I once shared a script with someone and they told me their existing FSLabs-specific FSUIPC profile was renamed to FSLabs as the result of adding an Auto.FSLabs section, so I recommend that you create an Auto.A320 section instead. I could be wrong though, God only knows how these FSUIPC profiles work :D

Link to post
NilsUnger
On 2/16/2020 at 4:47 PM, NilsUnger said:

I don't know, but setting up profiles in FSUIPC is the most complicated part of the whole exercise. :lol:

I do it like that:

FSUIPC5.ini


[General]
UseProfiles=Files -- with this, the data of every profile is stored in a unique ini-file located in /modules/profiles/

[Profile.FSL A32X] -- this is how I call my profile for the A320 and A319
1=FSLabs A320X -- every livery of the A320X is automatically bound to this profile. the naming is IMPORTANT!!!
2=FSLabs A319X -- same for the A319. if you don't have these lines, you have to add ALL the repaints manually...

[Profile.FSL A321] -- this is how I call my profile for the A321
1=FSLabs A321X -- same rules as above...

[MacroFiles] -- only if you have any
1=FSL_A32X -- these are my macros for the A319 and A320
2=FSL_A321 -- these are my macros for the A321

FSL A32X.ini (this is the unique ini-file for my A319 and A320 profile)


[Auto]
1=Lua PMCO -- this is the autostart for the PMCO script

 

I can't describe it any better than this.

The problem is, the profile name is up to you. You have to understand the way it works without focusing to much on the names, they can differ...

Link to post
Alexander Luzajic
13 hours ago, NilsUnger said:

I can't describe it any better than this.

LOL.....Not exactly...but I installed and it works. Installed off README file.....BTW. Will report if I have issues. On T/O it works...let's see on landing.

Link to post
Alexander Luzajic
13 hours ago, NilsUnger said:

The problem is, the profile name is up to you. You have to understand the way it works without focusing to much on the names, they can differ..

I am not versatile with "creating" MY OWN profiles. I let automation take everything over and......all works. That's why I have no issues with many things. That"s why I am confused when read AVSIM forums and issues people have and wonder how come I have nothing described. 

But sometimes when nice piece of software is introduced, like your PMCO, I need bit of help.... :)

Link to post
NilsUnger
26 minutes ago, BasileDesquiens said:

Is there any way to do it ?

Hi Basile,

you have to edit the PMCO.lua file. Open it with a text editor and raise the volume. Max is 100...

-- ##################################################
-- ############ edit user options here ##############
-- ##################################################
pV1 = 1 -- play PMCO V1 sound? 0 = never, 1 = yes, but only if the default (FSLabs) V1 sound is disabled (to avoid overlapping)!
V1_timing = 0 -- V1 will be announced at the speed of V1 - V1_timing. If you want V1 to be announced slightly before V1 is reached on the PFD, enter the number of kts.
PM_MCDU = 2 -- The MCDU of the Pilot Monitoring which will be used for fetching the takeoff speeds: 1 for left MCDU, 2 for right MCDU
displayStartupMessage = 1 -- show plugin startup message 0 = no, 1 = yes
soundDevice = 0 -- zero is default (only change this, if no sound is played)
volume = 60 -- volume of all callouts (zero does NOT mean silenced, just rather quiet)
-- ##################################################
-- ############### end of user options ##############
-- ##################################################

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
BasileDesquiens
16 minutes ago, NilsUnger said:

Hi Basile,

you have to edit the PMCO.lua file. Open it with a text editor and raise the volume. Max is 100...


-- ##################################################
-- ############ edit user options here ##############
-- ##################################################
pV1 = 1 -- play PMCO V1 sound? 0 = never, 1 = yes, but only if the default (FSLabs) V1 sound is disabled (to avoid overlapping)!
V1_timing = 0 -- V1 will be announced at the speed of V1 - V1_timing. If you want V1 to be announced slightly before V1 is reached on the PFD, enter the number of kts.
PM_MCDU = 2 -- The MCDU of the Pilot Monitoring which will be used for fetching the takeoff speeds: 1 for left MCDU, 2 for right MCDU
displayStartupMessage = 1 -- show plugin startup message 0 = no, 1 = yes
soundDevice = 0 -- zero is default (only change this, if no sound is played)
volume = 60 -- volume of all callouts (zero does NOT mean silenced, just rather quiet)
-- ##################################################
-- ############### end of user options ##############
-- ##################################################

 

Perfect thanks! 

Link to post
Wayne Klockner

Just took the plunge and installed this...brilliant! Thanks very much, Nils.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Marcelo Duran

Hi @NilsUnger.

Thanks for the new module.

Unfortunately, it did not work for me. No callout was  played and I got an error message in the log file.

I'm using default A320 CFM texture. All previous tests were performed with it and everything was fine with previous module.

Here is the error....

68313 System time = 24/04/2020 09:24:13, Simulator time = 12:31:21 (14:31Z)
    68313 Aircraft="FSLabs A320X CFM - FSLabs"
    70532 Starting everything now ...
    70578 ASN active function link set
    70578 Ready for ActiveSky WX radar with additional data
    70594 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:24:15 - >>>>>> PMCO plugin started <<<<<<
    70594 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:24:15 - ## start applying user options / settings ##
    70610 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:24:15 - sound path: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\PMCO_Sounds\
    70610 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:24:15 - user option 'Play V1 callout': 1
    70610 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:24:15 - ** function: checking default (FSLabs) V1 setting now!
    70610 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:24:15 - ** aircraft.cfg path (UNC): F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\aircraft.cfg
    70610 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:24:15 - ** aircraft title: FSLabs A320X CFM - FSLabs
    70610 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:24:15 - ** cleaned-up search title: FSLabs A320X CFM %- FSLabs
    70610 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:24:15 - ** find title: first char = 35113; last char = 35137; length = 25
    70610 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:24:15 - ** find 'texture=': first char = 35177; last char = 35184; length = 8
    70625 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:24:15 - ** find line feed: first char = 35189; last char = 35189; length = 1
    70625 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:24:15 - ** texture folder is named: FSL
    70625 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:24:15 - ** path to fltsim.cfg: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\Texture.FSL\fltsim.cfg
    70625 *** LUA Error: ...:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\PMCO.lua:551: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'lastChar' (a nil value)
    

And if I understood your code well, you are trying to find something in the fltsim.cfg file. This is what I got inside this file....

[fltsim]
texture=FSL
atc_id=SX-FSL
atc_airline=FSLABS
ui_variation=FSLabs
selcal_id=LA-BS
airline_icao_code=FSL

 

Hope this helps.

Regards.
 

Link to post
NilsUnger

That's interesting. The V1 setting is missing in the config. I will see what I can do in this case. Can you tell me if the default V1 callout is being played with this livery? Can you check the setting in the MCDU? Maybe the FSX version doesn't even have this option (I don't know). Nevertheless, it should be solvable.

If you wish you can revert back to the previous version. The forum offers older versions via a dropdown. 

Link to post
Marcelo Duran
2 minutes ago, NilsUnger said:

That's interesting. The V1 setting is missing in the config. I will see what I can do in this case. Can you tell me if the default V1 callout is being played with this livery? Can you check the setting in the MCDU? Maybe the FSX version doesn't even have this option (I don't know). Nevertheless, it should be solvable.

If you wish you can revert back to the previous version. The forum offers older versions via a dropdown. 

HI.

No callout played at all.  The script aborts on finding the error.
I have already rolled back the module (had a backup).
Take your time to solve the issue.

 

Regards.

Link to post
Holger Teutsch

The new version works perfect for me.

But: what is the "Stand Up" call exactly trying to tell me ? It's related to pitch but I cannot make much sense of it.

Link to post
NilsUnger

As far as I know: It tells you to "stand up" the thrust levers, so you get out of ground idle and have quicker and more even spool up of the engines. Just like you would do on a normal takeoff, where you also don't slam the levers from idle to toga. I'm not sure how much you advance the thrust levers, there is some info for IAE engines in that very interesting post from @Simon Kelsey. It's important to first put the nose wheel down after landing, before doing anything else. Otherwise the aircraft will not configure itself (trim will not reset). 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Holger Teutsch

Thanks, there is a good video by Blackbox711 about touch & go. I just could not relate the 50% N1 to "stand up".

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...
Wanthuyr Filho
On 5/4/2020 at 1:12 PM, NilsUnger said:

New version 2.0 is now online.

Safe landings, captains!

Hello! First of all thank you so much for this great addon, it's basically the most important thing that was missing in the airplane, IMHO.

I was using successfully until recently the first version, yesterday I tried version 2. I had one issue that I'd like to ask you for some advice: after landing and after clearing the runway when I added some thrust for the taxi in the system apparently understood that I was in "Go Around" mode, at least the heard callouts made me think so. Do you know what may be the issue? Is it possible to make it ignore "go around mode" (in this case it's actually a Rejected Landing since I was in the ground - but I was just taxiing in!)?

Also a few more questions: is it possible to delay the GEAR UP/DOWN and FLAPS 0/1/2/3/FULL so that the callout would come after the confirmation of the command? Because the pilot that actually commands is the Pilot Flying (should be silent in this case), the Pilot Monitoring is the one to confirm (via callout) after he/she executed the command (and checked the respective indication).

Also, is it possible to replace the FLAPS UP with FLAPS ZERO? I think this is more of Airbus standard.

Thank you again!

Link to post
NilsUnger
3 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Is it possible to make it ignore "go around mode" (in this case it's actually a Rejected Landing since I was in the ground - but I was just taxiing in!)?

Hi, yes that should not happen. I will have a look at what to change. Do you maybe have the fsuipc log of this flight? 

 

3 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

GEAR UP/DOWN and FLAPS 0/1/2/3/FULL

I actually had a bigger delay in internal testing but for me it felt strange. But I can make a parameter for the delay, so the user can set up as preferred. 

 

3 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Also, is it possible to replace the FLAPS UP with FLAPS ZERO? I think this is more of Airbus standard.

Which soundset are you using? I made the default one but prefer the human voice of @Nick Kidd.

Thanks for the kind words. Happy you like it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Wanthuyr Filho
40 minutes ago, NilsUnger said:

Hi, yes that should not happen. I will have a look at what to change. Do you maybe have the fsuipc log of this flight? 

 

I actually had a bigger delay in internal testing but for me it felt strange. But I can make a parameter for the delay, so the user can set up as preferred. 

 

Which soundset are you using? I made the default one but prefer the human voice of @Nick Kidd.

Thanks for the kind words. Happy you like it.

Thanks for your quick response!

I took a look at the script and managed to add some delays to my liking, I've done another flight and things seem to be progressing nicely.

As to the "go around mode" I've edited a section of the script and in the flight I made to test it it didn't happen again. Now I'm not sure the change I've done did a difference or what... What I did was to include a "and (iFlapLever > 0)" in the "-- "Go" callout" line. What do you think? I thought that if I'm on the ground, after landing, and add thrust, if the flaps are fully retracted that's because I'm taxiing, and not doing a touch and go (or rejected landing). Does it make sense?

I was using the orignal soundset, but now I changed to the second one, the one that sounds more "robotic"...

Link to post
Wanthuyr Filho

One more suggestion: after landing, during taxi in, it's not common to have a Flaps Zero callout when the PM retracts the flaps and spoilers, so it could be suppressed in this taxiing phase.

Link to post
NilsUnger
17 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

One more suggestion: after landing, during taxi in, it's not common to have a Flaps Zero callout when the PM retracts the flaps and spoilers, so it could be suppressed in this taxiing phase.

Yes, also possible. :)

I will try to work something out in the near future. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Wanthuyr Filho
7 hours ago, NilsUnger said:

Yes, also possible. :)

I will try to work something out in the near future. 

Nice, thank you! I think I successfully found what to change in order to achieve that. If you want I can forward it to you so you can analyse and see if it's a good solution. I managed to make it stop calling out on the ground.

As to the delay of flaps and landing gear, you're right. Adding a large delay wouldn't be realistic, I just added a bit of delay and changed the callouts. Now it's calling out something like "SPEED CHECK. FLAPS ZERO/ONE/TWO/THREE/FULL". I can also pack the sounds I created and share if you/anyone would like to evaluate them.

 

Link to post
NilsUnger
22 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

If you want I can forward it to you so you can analyse and see if it's a good solution. I managed to make it stop calling out on the ground.

Sure, you can send it to me. Please highlight what you have changed, so I don't have to search for it.

On 5/30/2020 at 1:28 PM, Wanthuyr Filho said:

As to the "go around mode" I've edited a section of the script and in the flight I made to test it it didn't happen again.

I can only imagine you stowed the spoilers early after landing or didn't arm them at all, probably the first. Until you are below 20 kts you are still in the landing phase. Stowing spoilers in the landing phase brings you into touch-and-go phase. :)

What you describe you have done is muting the sound. I should take care that you don't end up unwillingly in the touch-and-go phase.

22 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

I can also pack the sounds I created and share if you/anyone would like to evaluate them.

I think I will stick with the existing sounds and implement a delay parameter. The script allows for custom soundsets to anybody's liking. If you have something you want to share, feel free to upload it.

Link to post
Wanthuyr Filho
On 6/1/2020 at 12:41 PM, NilsUnger said:

Sure, you can send it to me. Please highlight what you have changed, so I don't have to search for it.

I can only imagine you stowed the spoilers early after landing or didn't arm them at all, probably the first. Until you are below 20 kts you are still in the landing phase. Stowing spoilers in the landing phase brings you into touch-and-go phase. :)

What you describe you have done is muting the sound. I should take care that you don't end up unwillingly in the touch-and-go phase.

I think I will stick with the existing sounds and implement a delay parameter. The script allows for custom soundsets to anybody's liking. If you have something you want to share, feel free to upload it.

There it is. I think I might have highlighted a bit more than necessary, but it's been a few days and I'm not quite sure what I changed, but it's all possibly within the yellow parts. :-)

Yes, indeed I stowed the spoilers and retracted flaps in a higher speed, because I was exiting the RWY via a high speed taxiway. :-D Hence I raised the value for that and it's working great.

But I didn't mute any sound, just made those few adjustments in the script.

 

Also attached a new set of PM callouts (female, UK accented) if anyone reading this wanna try.

PMCO.docx Copila.rar

Link to post
NilsUnger
On 6/4/2020 at 1:30 PM, Wanthuyr Filho said:

There it is. I think I might have highlighted a bit more than necessary, but it's been a few days and I'm not quite sure what I changed, but it's all possibly within the yellow parts. :-)

Yes, indeed I stowed the spoilers and retracted flaps in a higher speed, because I was exiting the RWY via a high speed taxiway. :-D Hence I raised the value for that and it's working great.

But I didn't mute any sound, just made those few adjustments in the script.

 

Also attached a new set of PM callouts (female, UK accented) if anyone reading this wanna try.

PMCO.docx 28.89 kB · 12 downloads Copila.rar 1.54 MB · 7 downloads

From the doc you attached I see you don't want any flap callouts on the ground. Is that true? Maybe I should also make this optional. I'm not sure what's best here, so let the user decide...

Link to post
Wanthuyr Filho
1 hour ago, NilsUnger said:

From the doc you attached I see you don't want any flap callouts on the ground. Is that true? Maybe I should also make this optional. I'm not sure what's best here, so let the user decide...

Correct, the way I've set the callouts it doesn't make sense activating on the ground. The way I changed it's not activating ONLY when the engines are running, but since it's not usual to change flaps position with engines shut down, it doesn't make much difference.

But I totally agree if you can make it optional it would be the best approach.

Link to post
Rémy Vidali

Thank you very much!
Works perfectly and gives a little more life in the cockpit.

I don't have a specific profile for the airbus.
I simply added in the lines in the fsuipc5.ini file :

[Profile.FSL_A32X]
  1=FSLabs A320X
  2=FSLabs A319X
  3=FSLabs A321X
 
  [Auto.FSL_A32X]
 1=Lua PMCO

No crashes.
Superb!

  • Like 2
Link to post
NilsUnger
11 hours ago, Rémy Vidali said:

"no bue" when "landing" appears on the pfd

and

I think there is no way without sdk to know that landing phase is active in the add-on. Do you know the conditions for that phase? I can maybe try to detect it with sim variables. Then there is the problem of reading the ECAM. Again I could try to read sim variables to detect if there are no blue items. But what about cabin ready? There surely is no sim variable for this... 

I doubt it's possible to do reliably. 

12 hours ago, Rémy Vidali said:

"continue" when the "minimum" announcement is audible

That's a pilot flying callout you should do yourself. On top of that, how should a script know if your approach is stable, the landing runway is in sight and clear of traffic and weather?

  • Like 1
Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...