"PMCO - Pilot Monitoring Callouts" - ask and discuss HERE

NilsUnger

On 12/8/2019 at 9:11 AM, Peter Pukhnoy said:

@Huy Khoa Nguyen Verify that the Path entry in the Sounds section of FSUIPC5.ini points to the sound folder of your simulator.

This is good advice. It would appear that this path is never re-scanned by FSUIPC - so it will have the location of the sim you had when you first installed FSUIPC. In my case it was pointing towards an FSX sound directory that hasn't existed for many years!

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NilsUnger

• Alexander Luzajic

• Peter Pukhnoy

• Wanthuyr Filho

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the right place to ask for support, discuss the matter or maybe even give praise to the creators of the PMCO Lua script. Download it from here:      

Short video showcasing PMCO. Good job gents!  

I have finished my next addition to the script. It is the automatic detection of the default (FSLabs) V1 callout setting. I ran into situations where both V1 callouts were played, the one from PMCO

Posted Images

To save me a little time here - what is the scale of the volume parameter? is it 0 to 255? Also, how are the sounds being output - are they playing through P3D itself? In other words, what other sounds am I mixing with? Are they being output via any of the channels in the FSL SOUNDS settings?

Works very well for me. Just trying to get a good mix. I run a "headset" mix with system hum, comms, vPilot, GSX and now PMCO to the headset, leaving cockpit ambient, wind and  engine sounds on the speakers. Quite realistic :)

NilsUnger

The volume is in percent, so 0..100.

In the script you can specify which sound device is used. You can find the list of sound devices in the fsuipc.ini. I have not tried this, personally.

• Like 1
NilsUnger

I uploaded a new version. Changelog is visible on the download page of the file. No new features, but hopefully less problems and support requests.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Rafal Haczek
4 minutes ago, NilsUnger said:

I uploaded a new version.

Thanks a lot for your continuous work, Nils!
I love your little application. I would find it hard to fly the bus without it. :)

• Like 1
NilsUnger
3 minutes ago, Rafal Haczek said:

Thanks a lot for your continuous work, Nils!
I love your little application. I would find it hard to fly the bus without it. :)

I'm a fan, too. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, NilsUnger said:

Yeah baby! :lol:

Have you recorded the callouts yourself? I would love to integrate them in the package, if possible.

You're more than welcome Nils. I was going to offer. I recorded them with some EQ to replicate the FO audio through the headset. If you change the audio output in the LUA to you headphones (along with vPilot and some ambient electrical whine). I'll zip them up and send you a link

• Thanks 1
Frederic Nadot

I have recorded some sounds with several accents (male and female) by text-to-speech routines. I am on the way to upload them very soon.

• Like 3
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

Skipped to PMCO just yesterday, since I wasn't that happy with FS2Crew. Somehow I prefer flying the full SOP. Anyway, with the new soundcheck, installing was easy. Thanks for the work and the good job, Nils and Peter.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk

• Like 1
Frederic Nadot

As promised, here is the link.

The only thing I missed was a realistic voice of a Greek man. Maybe Lefteris can help?...;)

Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Igor Petrov
On 1/2/2020 at 9:57 PM, Günter Steiner said:

Just in case, someone is asking himself if this great addition is also running with LINDA:

Yes, it will.

If you use LINDA, you could activate the scripts from Nils also simply by adding

ipc.runlua("PMCO")

into the user.lua found inside your Prepar3D v4\Modules\linda\aircrafts\FSLabs A3xx folder.

Thank you Nils for the great scripts!

May I ask if it is possible to add a "gear up!" callout also?

Very much appreciated as well.

Thanks Guenter! 

TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

Good work, Frederic. Finally some matching dialects for my middle American and Caribbean Tour :-)

Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk

Frederic Nadot

For me yes.

As I use profiles in separate folders for mouse macros,  they are not regonized if I use PMCO with FSUIPC. Don't ask me why :)

• Like 1
Peter Pukhnoy
23 hours ago, Frederic Nadot said:

For me yes.

As I use profiles in separate folders for mouse macros,  they are not regonized if I use PMCO with FSUIPC. Don't ask me why :)

Did you add set up the script to auto-start by creation a Auto.FSLabs section while the name of your profile for FSLabs aircraft wasn't 'FSLabs'? If you did, that might have messed up your profiles.

Frederic Nadot

Yes, I did. I have 2 profiles:

[Profile.FSLabs A320]

1=A319X

2=A320X

[Profile.FSLabs A321]

1=A321X

If I add:

[Auto.FSLabs A320]
  1=Lua PMCO

[Auto.FSLabs A321]
  1=Lua PMCO

I lose all my mouse macros.

Frederic Nadot

Maybe because the profiles are not writen in the FSUIPC.ini file?

NilsUnger
7 hours ago, Frederic Nadot said:

Maybe because the profiles are not writen in the FSUIPC.ini file?

I don't know, but setting up profiles in FSUIPC is the most complicated part of the whole exercise. :lol:

I do it like that:

FSUIPC5.ini

[General]
UseProfiles=Files -- with this, the data of every profile is stored in a unique ini-file located in /modules/profiles/

[Profile.FSL A32X] -- this is how I call my profile for the A320 and A319
1=FSLabs A320X -- every livery of the A320X is automatically bound to this profile. the naming is IMPORTANT!!!
2=FSLabs A319X -- same for the A319. if you don't have these lines, you have to add ALL the repaints manually...

[Profile.FSL A321] -- this is how I call my profile for the A321
1=FSLabs A321X -- same rules as above...

[MacroFiles] -- only if you have any
1=FSL_A32X -- these are my macros for the A319 and A320
2=FSL_A321 -- these are my macros for the A321

FSL A32X.ini (this is the unique ini-file for my A319 and A320 profile)

[Auto]
1=Lua PMCO -- this is the autostart for the PMCO script

Tim Smith
On 2/12/2020 at 2:01 AM, Frederic Nadot said:

As promised, here is the link.

The only thing I missed was a realistic voice of a Greek man. Maybe Lefteris can help?...;)

Enjoy!

Nice one, From what I can tell they sound quite natural for text to speech, Only thing is a lot of the sounds seem to be clipped way too short and you only hear half the callout. And the British voices sound almost Australian (coming from an Australian)

Frederic Nadot
4 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

and you only hear half the callout.

Are you using the NVIDIA HDMI sound driver? I had the same issue with the radio altimeters callouts.

• 1 month later...
Marcelo Duran

Hi @NilsUnger

Thanks for the module. It takes the immersion to another level!

I was wondering if this module should work with touch-and-go's and then a landing with full stop.

Best regards.

NilsUnger
10 hours ago, Marcelo Duran said:

Hi @NilsUnger

Thanks for the module. It takes the immersion to another level!

I was wondering if this module should work with touch-and-go's and then a landing with full stop.

Best regards.

Hi Marcelo, 

at the moment, the script does not support touch-and-goes. It is very simple and linear and expects the aircraft to land safely and taxi to the gate. :lol:

I might have a look what work is required but I am working on something else at the moment. 

To your other question (now deleted). If you have landed and spoilers are actuated, the callout spoilers will be played. The tricky part is, that with manual input on the ailerons, the spoilers also get actuated. There is no way for me to differentiate who is commanding this. Until I find a solution that enables touch-and-goes, this has no high priority. 

Marcelo Duran
1 hour ago, NilsUnger said:

Hi Marcelo, 

at the moment, the script does not support touch-and-goes. It is very simple and linear and expects the aircraft to land safely and taxi to the gate. :lol:

I might have a look what work is required but I am working on something else at the moment. 

To your other question (now deleted). If you have landed and spoilers are actuated, the callout spoilers will be played. The tricky part is, that with manual input on the ailerons, the spoilers also get actuated. There is no way for me to differentiate who is commanding this. Until I find a solution that enables touch-and-goes, this has no high priority. 

Thanks for your reply.
Anyway, PMCO is a great improvement to the bus. I´ll stick with it.  ;)

NilsUnger
On 4/1/2020 at 12:32 AM, NilsUnger said:

I have finished my next addition to the script. It is the automatic detection of the default (FSLabs) V1 callout setting.
I ran into situations where both V1 callouts were played, the one from PMCO and the default one. That's not nice. As you will know, depending on the config of the aircraft / airline, the bus itself can play a V1 callout. If that's the case, there is no need for PMCO to play another V1 callout. In fact, it's disturbing. So the script now reads the setting of the aircraft and you no longer have to edit the PMCO V1 setting before using a differently equipped aircraft. This eliminates double callouts.

I want to wait before I release my current test version, because there is something else for me to verify first, because it could lead to another addition to the script. That brings me to the second point of my post.

Now I would like to take a look at possible go-around and touch-and-go scenarios, to possibly include them in the logics. I am a bad pilot myself. I don't practice and I also don't go around but force every landing! That means, I have no deep knowledge about both procedures. So I ask you to help me to define my task.

1. What is the chain of events in a go-around scenario (before touch-down)?
  2. What is the chain of events in a go-around scenario (after touch-down)?
  3. What is the chain of events in a touch-and-go scenario (where are differences compered to a go-around after touch-down)?
  4. Which callouts are to be expected from the pilot monitoring in all three scenarios (and when)

Thank you all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Marcelo Duran
6 hours ago, NilsUnger said:

I have finished my next addition to the script. It is the automatic detection of the default (FSLabs) V1 callout setting.
I ran into situations where both V1 callouts were played, the one from PMCO and the default one. That's not nice. As you will know, depending on the config of the aircraft / airline, the bus itself can play a V1 callout. If that's the case, there is no need for PMCO to play another V1 callout. In fact, it's disturbing. So the script now reads the setting of the aircraft and you no longer have to edit the PMCO V1 setting before using a differently equipped aircraft. This eliminates double callouts.

Hi @NilsUnger.

Good to hear that! But wouldn't it be easier to just disable the default V1 callout on the FWC/SDAC page?

6 hours ago, NilsUnger said:

Now I would like to take a look at possible go-around and touch-and-go scenarios, to possibly include them in the logics. I am a bad pilot myself. I don't practice and I also don't go around but force every landing! That means, I have no deep knowledge about both procedures. So I ask you to help me to define my task.

1. What is the chain of events in a go-around scenario (before touch-down)?
  2. What is the chain of events in a go-around scenario (after touch-down)?
  3. What is the chain of events in a touch-and-go scenario (where are differences compered to a go-around after touch-down)?
  4. Which callouts are to be expected from the pilot monitoring in all three scenarios (and when)

Thank you all!

I'm not an expert, but as long as I'm concerned:

(1). You are in the approach phase. Thrust set to TOGA is the condition to switch to go-around mode. PF sets thrust to TOGA, PNF retracs flaps 1 notch. As the planes gets positive climb, FNF calls "Positive Climb"... and the procedure continues.

(2). The sequence of events on a go-around after touch-down (or rejected landing) is almost the the same as (1).

(3). In a touch-and-go, the aircraft is configured for a normal landind, but Autobrake is OFF and Spoilers are DISARMED. During the flare, thrust is set to idle. On touch-down and rollout, thrust is set to TOGA (no reverse), trim is adjusted, flaps retracted 1 notch... and the bus goes flying again. In other words, the bus knows it is supposed to fly again after touching the ground when thrust is set to TOGA!

(4). The callouts are the same from Go-around.

I'm attaching 2 pictures so things might get clearer. 

One more thing. I took a look at PMCO code (I have basic lua programming skills). Did you know there is an offset that tells you whether the aircraft is airborne or on the ground? 0x0366 (Word) Aircraft on ground flag (0=airborne, 1=on ground). This might help you.

Best regards.

GA.jpg.e2e80998424f5c5cf647ae5ae1a1e380.jpgPhases.jpg.a4a605c45fed84670c71f60ab83b50f5.jpg

• Like 1
NilsUnger
9 hours ago, Marcelo Duran said:

Good to hear that! But wouldn't it be easier to just disable the default V1 callout on the FWC/SDAC page?

What if someone wants to have the default V1 callout because the real aircraft has this feature? 

Thanks for the very useful info you provided!

• 2 weeks later...
Holger Teutsch

@NilsUnger

Hi, FSUIPC 6.x (needed for p3d V5) has a different installation structure shared between V4.5 and V5.0. The following code works for 6.0 for both p3d versions. I can no longer test it with FSUIPC 5.x but it should work there as well.

local script_directory = debug.getinfo(1, "S").source:sub(2)
script_directory = script_directory:match("(.*\\)")
local sSoundPath = script_directory .. "PMCO_Sounds\\" -- path to the callout sounds
Luke Hall
7 hours ago, NilsUnger said:

Many thanks, Holger. Always good to be prepared.
I will try with FSUIPC 5 tonight.

Nils, It's a really awesome add-on to the FSLabs aircraft. I for one would advocate it being incorporated into the the core aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
NilsUnger
5 hours ago, Luke Hall said:

Nils, It's a really awesome add-on to the FSLabs aircraft. I for one would advocate it being incorporated into the the core aircraft.

Thanks for your kind words. It requires a payware add-on (FSUIPC), so that's very unlikely to happen.

@Holger Teutsch

Your code works in FSUIPC 5! Thanks again.

Igor Petrov
On 4/19/2020 at 9:29 AM, NilsUnger said:

Thanks for your kind words. It requires a payware add-on (FSUIPC), so that's very unlikely to happen.

@Holger Teutsch

Your code works in FSUIPC 5! Thanks again.

Hmm, does FSL A3XX work in P3Dv5 already, did I miss something?

Thanks.

NilsUnger
4 hours ago, John Mead said:

Does the script work with FSUIPC6? 

Hi John,

unfortunately, the version currently for download does not.

I am wrapping up a version that hopefully will support FSUIPC6 (I can't say with certainty, because I still use FSUIPC5). I want to upload this version as a beta (here in this thread), as I rewrote big parts of the code to support go-arounds and touch-and-goes with their associated callouts. I've done some basic testing myself, but it's too early to say that it's stable, that's why I'm asking fellow simmers to try this beta. More to follow shortly.

• Like 1
John Mead
1 hour ago, NilsUnger said:

Hi John,

unfortunately, the version currently for download does not.

I am wrapping up a version that hopefully will support FSUIPC6 (I can't say with certainty, because I still use FSUIPC5). I want to upload this version as a beta (here in this thread), as I rewrote big parts of the code to support go-arounds and touch-and-goes with their associated callouts. I've done some basic testing myself, but it's too early to say that it's stable, that's why I'm asking fellow simmers to try this beta. More to follow shortly.

Ill test it for sure when you upload it... Thanks for all your hard work on this btw... very well done!

• Thanks 1