NilsUnger

"PMCO - Pilot Monitoring Callouts" - ask and discuss HERE

NilsUnger

This is the right place to ask for support, discuss the matter or maybe even give praise to the creators of the PMCO Lua script.

Download it from here:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Alexandre Kubatko

Thanks for the hard work, I thought the script was perfect but the fact that we don't have to type the V-Speeds anymore is a really great addition, thanks @NilsUnger and @Peter Pukhnoy !

• Thanks 1

NilsUnger
1 minute ago, Alexandre Kubatko said:

Thanks for the hard work, I thought the script was perfect but the fact that we don't have to type the V-Speeds anymore is a really great addition, thanks @NilsUnger and @Peter Pukhnoy !

Indeed, well done by Peter. Keep in mind the small limitation that is in place. You have to decide which MCDU you want to use to enter the V-speeds - left or right. It doesn't matter if 2D or VC, though.

Alexandre Kubatko

Sure, I know no-one entering V1 in FO's MCDU and VR in CPT's anyways :D!

I will consider run the script automatically as I only fly the FSLabs anyways ; meanwhile, do you confirm I can still call it manually ?

Another question is, if I run it manually, I don't need to call the script again if I have new figures ?

NilsUnger

What I meant was that you have to use the MCDU that is setup in the user settings of the script - every time. 

You can as well call it manually. Actually you don't have to change anything in your bindings, if you ran the previous versions already.

If the script is running it keeps running. You can change the speeds to the point the engines spool up to 70% N1, which equals takeoff run. After landing and parking brake, the same applies again as before. 

• Thanks 1

Alexandre Kubatko

Roger will be back on the previous version until then :ph34r:

One thing I noticed though, could be unrelated. Is it the script causing a little visual glitch each time I load the PERF page ? The amber squares lose their right line for a moment.

NilsUnger

I can not imagine this has something to do with the script.

Peter Pukhnoy

Nils has uploaded a new version featuring the following changes:

• The takeoff speeds are now read directly from the display of the web MCDU once you advance the thrust levers for takeoff
  • The lag of the Primary Flight Display is now taken into account
  • If you load a flight that was saved in the air, the script will recognize that and will play the landing callouts
  • There's just one volume setting now instead of one for each individual sound
  • The trigger for the "reverse green" callout is more accurate

Please read the updated readme file - it will tell you how to make the script run automatically upon loading the flight since there is no need to start it manually now.

Additionaly, a human voice pack courtesy of @Hannes Altmann is available here: https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/files/file/1829-german-voice-pack-for-the-pilot-monitoring-callouts-fsuipc-plugin/

Should anything not work as expected, please post your FSUIPC5.log here (keep in mind that it gets renamed to FSUIPC5_prev.log once you restart the sim and then a new log starts). You don't need to enable the logging options in FSUIPC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tarik Dosdogru

Hi,

cool Script thank you for that. How ever  you should mention that in the latest version the sound path, which has to be edited is now in the non user edit section..

• Like 1

NilsUnger

This is a relative path. If you copy the files into the modules folder, as stated in the installation instructions, you don't need to change anything. 

Essono Fritz

Hi there

I just tested this mod. I like it ! Thanks @NilsUnger

• Like 1

Stefan Busse

Hi,

small problem here. I start with version 1.0 and it works beautiful. Then i change to version 1.4 - copy and paste plus override the files - the takeoff callouts disappeard. The new landing callouts are there.

Thanks

Stefan

Peter Pukhnoy
3 minutes ago, Stefan Busse said:

Hi,

small problem here. I start with version 1.0 and it works beautiful. Then i change to version 1.4 - copy and paste plus override the files - the takeoff callouts disappeard. The new landing callouts are there.

Thanks

Stefan

Please try 1.5 - it was supposed to fix this issue

Stefan Busse

Thanks Peter, i´ll test it tomorrow and give a feedback here. ;)

Stefan Busse

Hi ,

i did a short flight from EDDM to EDDL and no sounds are available. Yesterday i restore all PMCO files from the modules and (re) install a fresh new version 1.5. Is it an option to install the version 1.0 first and "update" it to 1.5? What about the button of version 1.0? I assign a button via FSUIPC. If i press it, i see the message window. Only the FSLabs "vee one" is out there. 

Thanks a lot for your help.

Stefan

Peter Pukhnoy
41 minutes ago, Stefan Busse said:

Hi ,

i did a short flight from EDDM to EDDL and no sounds are available. Yesterday i restore all PMCO files from the modules and (re) install a fresh new version 1.5. Is it an option to install the version 1.0 first and "update" it to 1.5? What about the button of version 1.0? I assign a button via FSUIPC. If i press it, i see the message window. Only the FSLabs "vee one" is out there. 

Thanks a lot for your help.

Stefan

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/22581-pmco-pilot-monitoring-callouts-ask-and-discuss-here/&tab=comments#comment-168432

Peter Pukhnoy
20 hours ago, Stefan Busse said:

Is it an option to install the version 1.0 first and "update" it to 1.5

You don't need to do that becase each archive contains all the files. All you need to do is to drop the Modules folder from the archive into the sim's root folder and agree to overwrite the existing files.

Stefan Busse

Hi Peter,

me again. Everything i try does not work. Actually i fly with V1.0. That works perfect. Is there a possibility to test the newer versions out of a calculated take off? What is a A320 FSUIPC profile? How can i check this? 

Thanks a lot

Stefan

NilsUnger

A profile is not a requirement but an option. It's used by experienced users to keep things organized. It can let the script run automatically just for the FSLabs Airbus series and ignore all other add ons.

BUT, you can still call the script manually, as you would with version 1. If version 1 is working for you, just copy the files of the newest version into the modules folder and it should work right away. If not, please send your fsuipc5.log to me or Peter via PM.

Peter Pukhnoy
1 hour ago, Stefan Busse said:

Hi Peter,

me again. Everything i try does not work. Actually i fly with V1.0. That works perfect. Is there a possibility to test the newer versions out of a calculated take off? What is a A320 FSUIPC profile? How can i check this? 

Thanks a lot

Stefan

Please try again the latest version and upload your FSUIPC5.log here if it still doesn't work. The only reason profiles are mentioned is that you should be using the name of your existing profile - should you have one - for naming the 'Auto' section. Since you don't have a profile, all you have to do is add this to your FSUIPC5.ini:

[Auto.FSLabs]

1=Lua PMCO

Stefan Busse

Thank you guys ;)

@Nils: I send the file to you.

Bye

Stefan

Stefan Busse

Hey Peter, hallo Nils,

we got it! :D The problem was another http server port for my web mcdu. After i changed it in the pmcomcdu.lua all callouts works perfect. ;)

Thanks a lot und vielen Dank

Stefan

• Like 1

Huy Khoa Nguyen

16781 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
    16781 FSUIPC Menu entry added
    16797 ... Using Prepar3D with Academic License
    16844 C:\Users\hkhoanguyen\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D_Default.fxml
    16844 D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS Raptor Driver\Raptor.air
    56391 C:\Users\hkhoanguyen\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\A320.air
    56453 ### The user object is 'FSLabs A320X CFM - easyJet Europe (OE-ICK)'
    56453 ### Mode is NORMAL
   111766 Loading Complete ...
   112828 User Aircraft ID 1 supplied, now being used
   112828 Aircraft loaded: running normally now ...
   121766 Weather Mode now = Theme
   121953 **** Restarting traffic scanning due to non-reception ****
   121953 System time = 08/12/2019 09:16:10, Simulator time = 09:14:28 (08:14Z)
   122391 Aircraft="FSLabs A320X CFM - easyJet Europe (OE-ICK)"
   128469 -------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------
   128516 LUA.0: beginning "D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\ipcReady.lua"
   128516 ASN active function link set
   128516 Ready for ActiveSky WX radar with additional data
   128594 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:16:17 - >>>>>> script started <<<<<<
   128594 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:16:17 - user option 'Play V1 callout': Yes
   128594 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:16:17 - user option 'Pilot Monitoring MCDU': Left
   128625 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:16:17 - callouts loop has started, idling until the thrust levers are moved to the FLX or TOGA detent
   129750 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
   135734 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:16:24 - the engines are shut down, waiting until the engines are started to start the callouts function
   458594 ### Mode: FREEZE_ATT on FREEZE_ALT on FREEZE_LATLON on
   458734 ### Mode: SLEW on
   458937 ### Mode is NORMAL
   459109 ### Mode: FREEZE_ATT on FREEZE_ALT on
   460094 ### Mode: SLEW on DISABLED on FREEZE_LATLON on
   460828 ### Mode: FREEZE_ATT off FREEZE_ALT off FREEZE_LATLON off
   461047 ### Mode: FREEZE_ATT on FREEZE_ALT on
   464375 ### Mode: FREEZE_ATT off FREEZE_ALT off
   513812 ### Mode is NORMAL
   734016 Planned flight from EDDL to LFML
   734016 C:\Users\hkhoanguyen\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\EZ4844_EDDL_LFML.pln
   923141 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 810 secs = 32.7 fps
   923141    Max AI traffic was 19 aircraft (Deleted 0)
   923141 -------------------------------------------------------------------
   979969 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 51 secs = 29.9 fps
   979969    Max AI traffic was 19 aircraft (Deleted 0)
   979969 -------------------------------------------------------------------
   980109 ### Mode: PAUSE on
   980187 ### Mode is NORMAL
  1018969 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 38 secs = 29.5 fps
  1018969    Max AI traffic was 19 aircraft (Deleted 0)
  1018969 -------------------------------------------------------------------
  1026500 ### Mode: PAUSE on
  1075625 ### Mode is NORMAL
  1092844 ### Mode: PAUSE on
  1092922 ### Mode is NORMAL
  1456062 ### Mode: FREEZE_ATT on FREEZE_ALT on FREEZE_LATLON on
  1664266 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:41:52 - engines have been started, starting the callouts function
  1664266 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:41:52 - callouts loop has started, idling until the thrust levers are moved to the FLX or TOGA detent
  1721328 ### Mode is NORMAL
  2102047 LUA.0: PMCOMCDU: reading speeds from PM MCDU
  2102672 LUA.0: PMCOMCDU: V1 = 136
  2102672 LUA.0: PMCOMCDU: Vr = 145
  2102672 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:49:11 - the thrust levers are set for takeoff, waiting for thrust set
  2105141 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:49:13 - thrust set
  2105266 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:49:14 - waiting for 100 kts
  2117828 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:49:26 - reached 100 kts
  2117828 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:49:26 - waiting for V1 = 136
  2125281 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:49:34 - reached V1
  2125406 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:49:34 - waiting for Vr = 145
  2127156 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:49:35 - reached Vr
  2127266 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:49:36 - waiting for positive climb
  2132562 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:49:41 - reached positive climb
  2132562 LUA.0: PMCO: 09:49:41 - waiting for landing

On 9/9/2019 at 8:40 PM, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Please try again the latest version and upload your FSUIPC5.log here if it still doesn't work. The only reason profiles are mentioned is that you should be using the name of your existing profile - should you have one - for naming the 'Auto' section. Since you don't have a profile, all you have to do is add this to your FSUIPC5.ini:

[Auto.FSLabs]

1=Lua PMCO

Hi,

After checking the log file, I see that it read correctly the values however, there was no sound during the take off, you have any idea ?

Log file is above

Thanks

Peter Pukhnoy

@Huy Khoa Nguyen Verify that the Path entry in the Sounds section of FSUIPC5.ini points to the sound folder of your simulator.

Huy Khoa Nguyen
On 12/8/2019 at 10:11 AM, Peter Pukhnoy said:

@Huy Khoa Nguyen Verify that the Path entry in the Sounds section of FSUIPC5.ini points to the sound folder of your simulator.

Thanks it works now, 

Just one question: when the thrust is set for take off, can the "Thrust Set" Voice be delayed a few seconds ? 

Should I edit the sleep value in the lua file ? 

Cuz it is played at the same time when we (PF) read back the FMA (flight mode annunciator).

IN this video, the Thrust Set Voice is said after the FMA.

Thanks

Peter Pukhnoy
52 minutes ago, Huy Khoa Nguyen said:

Should I edit the sleep value in the lua file ? 

Yes, sure. You can also replace the loop with this to make the callout play after the thrust has actually stabilized:

while true do

local eng1_N1 = ipc.readDBL(0x2010)

local eng2_N1 = ipc.readDBL(0x2110)

local N1_window = 0.1

if eng1_N1 > 80 and eng2_N1 > 80 then

local eng1_N1_prev = eng1_N1

local eng2_N1_prev = eng2_N1

repeat

ipc.sleep(math.random(800,1200))

eng1_N1 = ipc.readDBL(0x2010)

eng2_N1 = ipc.readDBL(0x2110)

local thrustSet = eng1_N1 > 80 and eng2_N1 > 80 and math.abs(eng1_N1 - eng1_N1_prev) < N1_window and math.abs(eng1_N1 - eng1_N1_prev) < N1_window

local skipThis = not thrustSet and ipc.readUW(0x02bc)/128 > 80

eng1_N1_prev = eng1_N1

eng2_N1_prev = eng2_N1

if thrustSet then

sound.play("thrustSet.wav",soundDevice,volume)

end

if ipc.readLvar("VC_PED_TL_1") < 26 and  ipc.readLvar("VC_PED_TL_2") < 26 then

return

end

until thrustSet or skipThis

break

end

end

• Thanks 2

Marc Delaloy

Hello I have installed it but i don't hear the announcement. How i can troubleshoot it?

All files are in Modules and in FSUIPC.ini I have

[Auto.FSLabs]
  1=Lua PMCO

Regards

Marc

NilsUnger

Hi Marc, 

have you tried the suggestions above? If yes, please post your FSUIPC5.log, if possible. 

Rafal Haczek
3 hours ago, Marc Delaloy said:

i don't hear the announcement.

Also make sure you remember two things:
1. The [Auto.FSLabs] entry is just exemplary. It needs to be equal to how your FSL A32X profile is called in FSUIPC.ini. For instance in my case it is [Auto.FSLA32X].
2. At least in my case, it doesn't work directly after adding another livery to the FSUIPC profile list. I need to restart the sim and then it works.

• Thanks 1

Marc Delaloy

thanks guys for reply. my sound address was wrong in fsuipc.ini. :D

• Like 1

Tomasz Kryjom

Call out this is something I am missing in FsLab.

As I am trying to set it into my A320 without succes , can you guys please out some screen shots of your Module folder and Fsupic.ini after installation of PMCO

NilsUnger
On 12/31/2019 at 5:58 PM, Tomasz Kryjom said:

Call out this is something I am missing in FsLab.

As I am trying to set it into my A320 without succes , can you guys please out some screen shots of your Module folder and Fsupic.ini after installation of PMCO

Hi Tomasz,

the file structure must look like this:

• "P3D main" folder
    • "Modules" folder
      • "Lua" folder
        • another folder and lua files in here...
      • "PMCO_Sounds" folder
        • wav files must be present
      • PMCO.lua
      • PMCOMCDU.lua

All you really have to do is extract the zip and copy the modules folder into your main P3D install folder.

The "harder" part is calling the script automatically. Please try this:

On 9/9/2019 at 8:40 PM, Peter Pukhnoy said:

The only reason profiles are mentioned is that you should be using the name of your existing profile - should you have one - for naming the 'Auto' section. Since you don't have a profile, all you have to do is add this to your FSUIPC5.ini:

[Auto.FSLabs]

1=Lua PMCO

Tomasz Kryjom

Thanks Nils....this is what I can see in my Modules folder (there are also Fsupic files) .

FSUPIC5.ini also changed as above.

Still do not have call out activated.

What alse can be wrong?

NilsUnger

Do you have a registered version of FSUIPC? 

If you wish you can send me the FSUIPC5.log and FSUIPC5.ini files here or via PM. I will have a look at them. 

Günter Steiner

Just in case, someone is asking himself if this great addition is also running with LINDA:

Yes, it will.

If you use LINDA, you could activate the scripts from Nils also simply by adding

ipc.runlua("PMCO")

into the user.lua found inside your Prepar3D v4\Modules\linda\aircrafts\FSLabs A3xx folder.

Thank you Nils for the great scripts!

May I ask if it is possible to add a "gear up!" callout also?

Peter Pukhnoy
1 hour ago, Tomasz Kryjom said:

Thanks Nils....this is what I can see in my Modules folder (there are also Fsupic files) .

FSUPIC5.ini also changed as above.

Still do not have call out activated.

What alse can be wrong?

Verify that the Path entry in the Sounds section of FSUIPC5.ini points to the sound folder of your simulator.

Alexandre Kubatko
48 minutes ago, Günter Steiner said:

Just in case, someone is asking himself if this great addition is also running with LINDA:

Ahahah.

In need of acknowledgment, aren't you ?

NilsUnger
4 hours ago, Günter Steiner said:

May I ask if it is possible to add a "gear up!" callout also?

It's technically possible, of course. But I decided against it, as to my knowledge, the callout is done by the pilot flying. The pilot monitoring then confirms it just like with the flaps for example.

This script is about the most critical phases of takeoff and landing only. I had discussions with Peter about how far we will go with this. My wish was to keep it as it is. Concentrate on reliability and simplicity. For anything more, there are still payware alternatives.

Günter Steiner

thx for the explanation, Nils!

Huy Khoa Nguyen
 13626328 LUA.0: PMCO: 18:17:12 - engines have been started, starting the callouts function
 13626328 LUA.0: PMCO: 18:17:12 - callouts loop has started, idling until the thrust levers are moved to the FLX or TOGA detent
 13980797 LUA.0: PMCOMCDU: reading speeds from PM MCDU
 13981438 LUA.0: PMCOMCDU: V1 = 282035
 13981438 LUA.0: PMCOMCDU: Vr = 480
 13981438 LUA.0: PMCO: 18:23:07 - the thrust levers are set for takeoff, waiting for thrust set
 13986156 LUA.0: PMCO: 18:23:11 - thrust set
 13986266 LUA.0: PMCO: 18:23:11 - waiting for 100 kts
 13997219 LUA.0: PMCO: 18:23:22 - reached 100 kts
 13997219 LUA.0: PMCO: 18:23:22 - waiting for V1 = 282035
 14057735 LUA.0: PMCO: 18:24:23 - the takeoff logic was cancelled because the thrust levers were moved back for longer than 10 seconds
 14057735 LUA.0: PMCO: 18:24:23 - callouts loop has started off the ground
 14057735 LUA.0: PMCO: 18:24:23 - waiting for landing

Hi, today I couldn't hear the callouts (V1/VR positive climb..), it was my second leg take off.

after checking the log, the V1 reading is strange (282035) and i got a line : "the takeoff logic was cancelled because..."

Do you have any idea why ? 

NilsUnger

Indeed strange. Somehow the speeds were read incorrectly. did the MCDU went to the PERF page automatically? It does that to read the speed entries.

The script then skipped the rest of the takeoff to be able to play the landing callouts. I guess that worked, although the comment is strange that the thrust levers were in idle. 

If it was only a one-off I wouldn't worry too much. If it continues to happen, we would need more info or expand the debugging code to track it down.