**V440 UPDATE** In-depth tutorial to bind SWITCHES and PUSH-BUTTONS to keyboard or hardware for the A3XX

Alexandre K

devrim cagdas
On 8/28/2019 at 11:56 PM, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Drop it in the Modules folder and start it by assigning to a key the command 'Lua FCU'. A display will come up showing the heading.  On my PC, the FPS dropped a little, but that's just because of the display.

FCU_test.zip 30.24 kB · 80 downloads

The MCDU displays are at http://localhost:8080/MCDU/Display/3CA1 and http://localhost:8080/MCDU/Display/3CA2.

Hi Peter 

Which “modules” folder do you mean? 

Peter Pukhnoy
12 minutes ago, devrim cagdas said:

Hi Peter 

Which “modules” folder do you mean? 

FSUIPC has changed its default install location since I made that post. Now, it's Prepar3d vx Add-Ons\FSUIPC6. 

I saw in your thread that you're making a hardware FCU. You'll be disappointed in this method because FSLabs never completed the remote FCU and you'll be missing a few variables.

• Like 1
devrim cagdas
4 hours ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

FSUIPC has changed its default install location since I made that post. Now, it's Prepar3d vx Add-Ons\FSUIPC6. 

I saw in your thread that you're making a hardware FCU. You'll be disappointed in this method because FSLabs never completed the remote FCU and you'll be missing a few variables.

I am copying your folder "FCU_test" to addond/FSUIPC folder, than?

There is two folders named modules in FSUIPC/SDK:

ModuleUser64

Module_User_lib_for_VC_2010

I am not good at programming and I will appreciate your help :D .

If you suggest another method I would love to hear it.

Yes, I almost completed FCU without hdg/spd/alt/vs displays but atleast they are working and I dont use mouse/keyboard to use them. I couldnt program efis fd/ls buttons too because I need them to act as an encoder but actualy rotary switches fit better than an encoder. So for now I just leave them as they are. Here is my FCU:

My 1st diy FCU on test - YouTube

I realized that someone somehow managed to solve the problem. I dont know how. But looks like v/s display is also working. please check below:

FSLAB FCU TEST mobiflight - YouTube

Airbus FCU Project (FSLAB, AEROSOFT, MSFS2020 Default A320) (mobiflight.com)

Peter Pukhnoy
49 minutes ago, devrim cagdas said:

I am not good at programming and I will appreciate your help :D .

How is your FCU hardware going to receive the data? Are you using Mobiflight?

devrim cagdas
Just now, Peter Pukhnoy said:

How is your FCU hardware going to receive the data? Are you using Mobiflight?

yes I use mobiflight

Peter Pukhnoy
37 minutes ago, devrim cagdas said:

yes I use mobiflight

The lua I'm attaching here will extract all available values from the remote FCU. You'll need to write your own code to store the values in FSUIPC offsets and retrieve them from the offsets on the Mobiflight side. I'm sure you'll find reference in the Mobiflight documentation on how to do that.

Unzip the archive into your FSUIPC install folder. You can launch it manually by assigning a key or button to the control 'Lua FCU' and you have FSUIPC launch it automatically at startup by adding the following to your FSUIPC.ini:

[Auto.FSLabs]

1=Lua FCU

FCU.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
devrim cagdas
19 hours ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

You'll need to write your own code to store the values in FSUIPC offsets and retrieve them from the offsets on the Mobiflight side. I'm sure you'll find reference in the Mobiflight documentation on how to do that.

Thank you very very much Peter. Even I have no idea about Lua :))  I will try it.

Peter Pukhnoy
12 minutes ago, devrim cagdas said:

Thak you very very much Peter. Even I have no idea about Lua :))  I will try it.

Look at the ipc.writeStruct function in the FSUIPC Lua library pdf document. All you need to write is one call to that function, for example:

ipc.writeStruct(
  0x66C0,
  "3STR", HDG,
  "4STR", ALT
)

I can't do it for you because it's up to you to decide which offsets to store the values at and which data types you want to use.

• Thanks 1
devrim cagdas
20 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Look at the ipc.writeStruct function in the FSUIPC Lua library pdf document. All you need to write is one call to that function, for example:

ipc.writeStruct(
  0x66C0,
  "3STR", HDG,
  "4STR", ALT
)

I can't do it for you because it's up to you to decide which offsets to store the values at and which data types you want to use.

I am totaly unaware of that document (Lua library) and I feel very stupid. I jumped in building FCU without reading it now it makes sense :)) 

again, thank you very much 

Bedran Batkitar
On 4/6/2021 at 8:04 PM, devrim cagdas said:

I am totaly unaware of that document (Lua library) and I feel very stupid. I jumped in building FCU without reading it now it makes sense :)) 

again, thank you very much 

Hi, do you have the Output for TRK and FPA ?

devrim cagdas
11 hours ago, Bedran Batkitar said:

Hi, do you have the Output for TRK and FPA ?

Hi Bedran

unfortunately I havent figured out the hdg/alt/spd/vs yet. 

Bedran Batkitar
1 hour ago, devrim cagdas said:

Hi Bedran

unfortunately I havent figured out the hdg/alt/spd/vs yet. 

Ok thank you.

Bedran Batkitar
20 minutes ago, devrim cagdas said:

I will let you know mate

Appreciate that thank you 

Anastasios Kalimeris
On 4/5/2021 at 4:38 AM, Anastasios Kalimeris said:

Hi guys, 

maybe someone has a hint for me. I have some buttons binded via Rotorbrake codes in FSUIPC. 

Concerning the OVHD Fuel TK Switches. In the A 321 the Center Tank Rotor Brake Codes don’t work. The left and right fuel tank switches are working normally.  If i push my buttons, the sim crashes. All work fine in the A319/320. I think the sim crashes, because the RB Codes don’t exist.

The A321 has a slightly different fuel system with other designations. Maybe there are own Rotorbrake codes? If i enable logging in FSUIPC i cannot find out the right Codes for the OVHD Korrys. The output says something like: „The button doesn’t exist in the sim“.

Thank you and hopefully someone has an idea. :)

Anastasios 

devrim cagdas
On 3/24/2021 at 7:40 PM, Jean-Claude BÉGUIN said:

Hello Hamilton and Stefan,

Here the rotorbrake codes for Master warning/caution

Master warning :
- On press : 71150
- On release 71152

Master Caution :
- On press : 71154
- On release 71156

Enjoy ! 

devrim cagdas
On 3/24/2021 at 7:40 PM, Jean-Claude BÉGUIN said:

Hello Hamilton and Stefan,

Here the rotorbrake codes for Master warning/caution

Master warning :
- On press : 71150
- On release 71152

Master Caution :
- On press : 71154
- On release 71156

Enjoy ! 
Cheers. 

For FO side

Master warning :
- On press :

- On release 71168

Master Caution :
- On press : 71170
- On release 71172

Auto Land

- On press : 71162
- On release 71164

• 2 weeks later...
Tim Vancauwenbergh

Is it possible to get feedback, thus having the status of LED's available trough this?

Igor Petrov

Did anybody figure out how to handle separate FLAPS position (0-1-2-3-Full) outside of Copilot? I've learned how to do it only with Copilot's autorun.lua (thanks to Peter).

The only Rotorbake code that I could extract for FLAPS was 78370.

Could anybody help with binding 5 separate Flap positions in FSUIPC?

Thanks a lot for all who contributed here. 

Edited by Igor Petrov
devrim cagdas
On 4/25/2021 at 5:27 PM, Tim Vancauwenbergh said:

Is it possible to get feedback, thus having the status of LED's available trough this?

As far as I know, there are no such Lvars for led's status.

Tim Vancauwenbergh
6 hours ago, devrim cagdas said:

As far as I know, there are no such Lvars for led's 

That's a pity...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Stefan Henle

Good evening!

Maybe I have some tomatoes on my eyeballs this evening, but I do not find the Rotor Brake Codes for switching active and standby frequency on RMP1 (Freq XFer knob). Unfortunately the codes read out by the console log are not working. 

Was somebody lucky to find the codes?

Thanks in advance and a nice weekend to you all! 

Stefan Henle
6 hours ago, Jean-Claude BÉGUIN said:

Hello Stefan,

Have you tried 66587+77518 ?

J.-C.

Hi Jean-Claude,

you’re perfect! The codes are working!

By any change: Do you know the codes for the VHF 1 and VHF 2 pushbuttons on the RMP?

I can control any button and knob on ACP and RMP but not these three VHF pbs… 

Best regards,

Stefan

Jean-Claude BÉGUIN
22 hours ago, Stefan Henle said:

Hi Jean-Claude,

you’re perfect! The codes are working!

By any change: Do you know the codes for the VHF 1 and VHF 2 pushbuttons on the RMP?

I can control any button and knob on ACP and RMP but not these three VHF pbs… 

Best regards,

Stefan

Hi Stephan

VHF1 : 77735
VHF2 : 77742
VHF3 : 77749

Enjoy

J.-C.

Stefan Henle
21 minutes ago, Jean-Claude BÉGUIN said:

Hi Stephan

VHF1 : 77735
VHF2 : 77742
VHF3 : 77749

Enjoy

J.-C.

Hi J.-C.,

thanks for your quick reply!

Unfortunately your codes control the knobs of the ACP. I’m still struggling to find the codes for the RMP. Thanks a lot!  

Jean-Claude BÉGUIN

Hi Stephan,

Sorry, I don't have any clue - yet - for those buttons.
If I ever find to code I'll come back to you.

Jean-Claude BÉGUIN

Hi Stephan,

Easier than I thought. With LINDA's help... I managed to scan these buttons code quite fast.

So, for VHF1, 2 & 3 these are 77523, 528 & 533.

J.-C.

Anastasios Kalimeris
16 minutes ago, Jean-Claude BÉGUIN said:

Hi Stephan,

Easier than I thought. With LINDA's help... I managed to scan these buttons code quite fast.

J.-C.

Hi guys, how do you scan them with Linda? 
i have the problem, that the CTK buttons don‘t work with the known RB Codes in the A321 and A320SL

Kind regards 

Anastasios

Stefan Henle
4 hours ago, Jean-Claude BÉGUIN said:

Hi Stephan,

J.-C.

You‘re the man! Perfect, it’s working now! Thanks a lot!

3 hours ago, Anastasios Kalimeris said:

Hi guys, how do you scan them with Linda? 
i have the problem, that the CTK buttons don‘t work with the known RB Codes in the A321 and A320SL

Kind regards 

Anastasios

The same thing I wanted to ask. I am absolutely unexperienced with “LINDA”. Is there any kind of tutorial for this program so I could stop asking for codes :-) 

Have a nice evening! 

Jean-Claude BÉGUIN
On 5/27/2021 at 4:06 PM, Stefan Henle said:

The same thing I wanted to ask. I am absolutely unexperienced with “LINDA”. Is there any kind of tutorial for this program so I could stop asking for codes :-) 

Launch your sim with the  FSlabs A320 and then launch LINDA.

In the LINDA tracer, select 66587 (rotorbrake code) in the filter line. (see below)

Then comes the tricky part. You have to know where to look from ....
If you know at least one code close to what you are looking for, enter the FROM and TO values, in the respective boxes, in the same range of values. For example, if you know a code doing something in the RMP panel and this code is 77225, start looking from 77000 to 77100. Then zoom on the RMP panel, hit SCAN and see if the button you're looking for changes state in the sim. If it  doesn't, do it again from 77100 to 77200 and so on...
In the LINDA console window the scanned values will be displayed and scrolled. This helps you to know which value is the one you're looking for.

Good luck.

J.-C.

image.png.e3ec0437f189f6d28d08bd490f3cd697.png

LINDA TRACER

image.png.14207ca405f36e3cbd0e3df85d834e50.png

LINDA CONSOLE

Stefan Henle
37 minutes ago, niccolo ficorilli said:

Hello Folks,

is there any way to make a landing gear gravity extension with a key?

Hey, glad to be of service this time!

Landing Gear Gravity Extension:

- unlock + turn clockwise: 78353 + 78355

- turn counterclockwise: 78352 + 78354

Enjoy :-) 

Max Turso
On 7/25/2019 at 2:35 PM, Alexandre K said:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

I. INTRODUCTION
II. ROTORBRAKE CODES
III. FSUIPC MACRO

1. INTRODUCTION:

Greetings,

Since many people were asking in different topics and even in PMs, I'm doing this quick - but yet in-depth - tutorial on how to bind SWITCHES and PUSH-BUTTONS (but literally anything is possible) on the FSLabs A3xx. For those who are asking themselves what I mean by the above sentence : ever fancied binding your PACKS to your keyboard or a hardware button in order to avoid looking at them while doing a 30° bank turn 10 s after departure and ending up triggering this wonderful add-on protections ? This tutorial is for you ;)

Hope it helps!

CAUTION: This tutorial requires FSUIPC and P3Dv4.4 or greater ! It is possible that, from a Prepar3D or FSLabs version to another (P3Dv4.4 to P3Dv4.5 OR FSLabs v400 to FSLabs v412) you have to redo some of your binds.

To make those "binds", you have two options. The first is what I call the "Rotorbrake code" way, with this you'll be able to bind most (if not all) switches of the aircraft such as all lights, seatbelt signs, no smoking signs, all TCAS knobs etc. However, you can as well make a macro. If you follow the exact steps listed in this tutorial everything is going to be fine, so let's get started !

2. ROTORBRAKE CODES:

2.1 Find the code

First of all, you'll need to get those "codes" and you'll understand the Rotorbrake part later.

Launch your simulator and load the FSLabs.

In the FSUIPC > Logging menu, check "Events (non-axis controls)" and "Send to console window". You may want to reduce temporarily your P3D screen size in windowed mode so it is easier.

image.png.c8a05ee0697a937aa9522ed61ece55ed.png

Now, click OK, and gather the needed codes by clicking on the things you would want to bind. (Usually on knobs such as the Transponder mode, there will be one value to decrease - left click - and one value to increase - right click.)

When you are done gathering, you may uncheck the above boxes in Logging to resume normal operations.

2.2 Go in >FSUIPC in your sim's menu.
Then in the submenu "Key Presses" if you want to assign the command to a keyboard bind (or "Button + Switches" for a hardware bind - works the same way).
2.3 Click on "Set"
Press the key you want to bind.
2.4 In "Control sent when keys pressed" select "Rotor Brake".
2.5 In "Parameter" enter the code.

2.6 Click "Confirm"

Eg: pressing my Num8 key will decrease by one the transponder mode (on the version of the tutorial's date). From TA/RA to RA or from RA to STBY.

image.png.00ce542d93c608b2cd60faae5f784c94.png

2.7 Repeat the operation for all other codes !

3. FSUIPC MACROS:

As I told you, if you want to bind push-buttons this is the option. To do so, either refer to FSUIPC's manual which gives much more information or follow this guide :

3.1 Go in your >FSUIPC sim menu.

Then, either go in "Key presses" or "Buttons + Switches" (does not matter) and click on "Create Mouse Macro".

image.png.0702f46028489859e6ac443a564b8141.png

3.2 Name your macro

Read carefully the instructions and name your macro. In this example, "ABC" :

image.png.a99dece0eb0f9af51f64630ab8298b0a.png

3.3 Click OK twice

Once to exit the "Mouse action Macro making" window once the name has been inserted and another time on the FSUIPC main menu to go back to the sim. You'll be in macro mode.

3.4 Click on the item part of the macro

Click in the VC ! If you want PACK 1 to be triggered by this macro, simply click at the middle of the PACK 1 p-b. Once a click is done, you should see this message (I suggest you repeat the initial's macro name but it can be different) :

image.thumb.png.b49599ab06d754533b75b6f3afc7e35b.png

If your macro is finished, simply go back to the FSUIPC menu. If not, you can do multiple clicks and repeat this operation and finally go back to FSUIPC main menu.

3.5 Back to the FSUIPC main menu

Click on "Key presses" or "Buttons + Switches" submenu and click on "End Macro Making".
image.png.20e0dc22956501cb5ef7860ee04fa8bc.png

3.6 Bind your macro

To bind your macro, do as normal except in "Control sent when keys pressed" find your macro's name. In this example, "ABC" :
image.png.065e8a14303ac64e599155c3db33790d.png

Don't forget to hit Confirm ;)

4. Binding via the Copilot plugin

The Copilot add-on that you can download here offers you another method of binding keys, buttons, and axes. Watch this video for a short tutorial:

More information can be found in the manual.

--

Note: The most common macro being looked for is the handy engine master switch. The macro is tricky to make as it needs editing and I understand some of you might not want to waste time on that. That's why from now on, after each FSLabs version, I'll update a working macro of ENG 1 and ENG 2 MASTER SW if needed.

The macro will, with one bind (keybind or hardware button/switch), lift - move - unlift the master switch. Long story short : you can start or shutdown one engine with one bind.

Simply copy [VERSION][AIRCRAFT]ENG1.MCRO and [VERSION][AIRCRAFT]ENG2.MCRO in [...]\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules and then bind your macros by following the 3.6 step, looking for the name of the macro file.

--

Note 2: /!\ Sometimes, even if you stayed on the same FSLabs or Prepar3D version, I noticed that some macros might not work anymore for some reason. The fix is to restart your sim.

The "A320" macros as well work for the A319.
The v434 A320/A319 macros work as well for v440.

v434A320ENG2.MCRO 98 B · 189 downloads v434A320ENG1.MCRO 98 B · 125 downloads v434A321ENG1.MCRO 100 B · 93 downloads v434A321ENG2.MCRO 98 B · 75 downloads

Hello Everybody,

Excuse me if i'm back to the start of this discussion but it's about a week that i'm trying the first solution (rotorbrake) and the second solution via the copilot add-on with no results.

the first thing that i don't understand is why when i'm try to use the rotorbrake method my FSUIPC console log it's always empty despite i have followed all the steps indicated.....

i have tried to gathering the switches and pushbutton without any results, then i have tried with the "CoPilot" method but the results it's the same, and  it's completely different of the video also here the console doesn't return the same situation or similar....and If i restart the script nothing happens

Probably it's me that i don't understand something but i have no idea on how to proceed.

Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance

Massimo Turso

Please don't take care about my request, as i wrote before it was me that i don't understand exactly the procedure. i tried to obtain data not from the VC but directly from the OVH (SHIFT+3)

Edited by Max Turso
PROBLEM SOLVED
  • 1 month later...
Cesar gutierrez
On 7/25/2019 at 4:35 AM, Alexandre K said:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

I. INTRODUCTION
II. ROTORBRAKE CODES
III. FSUIPC MACRO

1. INTRODUCTION:

Greetings,

Since many people were asking in different topics and even in PMs, I'm doing this quick - but yet in-depth - tutorial on how to bind SWITCHES and PUSH-BUTTONS (but literally anything is possible) on the FSLabs A3xx. For those who are asking themselves what I mean by the above sentence : ever fancied binding your PACKS to your keyboard or a hardware button in order to avoid looking at them while doing a 30° bank turn 10 s after departure and ending up triggering this wonderful add-on protections ? This tutorial is for you ;)

Hope it helps!

CAUTION: This tutorial requires FSUIPC and P3Dv4.4 or greater ! It is possible that, from a Prepar3D or FSLabs version to another (P3Dv4.4 to P3Dv4.5 OR FSLabs v400 to FSLabs v412) you have to redo some of your binds.

To make those "binds", you have two options. The first is what I call the "Rotorbrake code" way, with this you'll be able to bind most (if not all) switches of the aircraft such as all lights, seatbelt signs, no smoking signs, all TCAS knobs etc. However, you can as well make a macro. If you follow the exact steps listed in this tutorial everything is going to be fine, so let's get started !

2. ROTORBRAKE CODES:

2.1 Find the code

First of all, you'll need to get those "codes" and you'll understand the Rotorbrake part later.

Launch your simulator and load the FSLabs.

In the FSUIPC > Logging menu, check "Events (non-axis controls)" and "Send to console window". You may want to reduce temporarily your P3D screen size in windowed mode so it is easier.

image.png.c8a05ee0697a937aa9522ed61ece55ed.png

Now, click OK, and gather the needed codes by clicking on the things you would want to bind. (Usually on knobs such as the Transponder mode, there will be one value to decrease - left click - and one value to increase - right click.)

When you are done gathering, you may uncheck the above boxes in Logging to resume normal operations.

2.2 Go in >FSUIPC in your sim's menu.
Then in the submenu "Key Presses" if you want to assign the command to a keyboard bind (or "Button + Switches" for a hardware bind - works the same way).
2.3 Click on "Set"
Press the key you want to bind.
2.4 In "Control sent when keys pressed" select "Rotor Brake".
2.5 In "Parameter" enter the code.

2.6 Click "Confirm"

Eg: pressing my Num8 key will decrease by one the transponder mode (on the version of the tutorial's date). From TA/RA to RA or from RA to STBY.

image.png.00ce542d93c608b2cd60faae5f784c94.png

2.7 Repeat the operation for all other codes !

3. FSUIPC MACROS:

As I told you, if you want to bind push-buttons this is the option. To do so, either refer to FSUIPC's manual which gives much more information or follow this guide :

3.1 Go in your >FSUIPC sim menu.

Then, either go in "Key presses" or "Buttons + Switches" (does not matter) and click on "Create Mouse Macro".

image.png.0702f46028489859e6ac443a564b8141.png

3.2 Name your macro

Read carefully the instructions and name your macro. In this example, "ABC" :

image.png.a99dece0eb0f9af51f64630ab8298b0a.png

3.3 Click OK twice

Once to exit the "Mouse action Macro making" window once the name has been inserted and another time on the FSUIPC main menu to go back to the sim. You'll be in macro mode.

3.4 Click on the item part of the macro

Click in the VC ! If you want PACK 1 to be triggered by this macro, simply click at the middle of the PACK 1 p-b. Once a click is done, you should see this message (I suggest you repeat the initial's macro name but it can be different) :

image.thumb.png.b49599ab06d754533b75b6f3afc7e35b.png

If your macro is finished, simply go back to the FSUIPC menu. If not, you can do multiple clicks and repeat this operation and finally go back to FSUIPC main menu.

3.5 Back to the FSUIPC main menu

Click on "Key presses" or "Buttons + Switches" submenu and click on "End Macro Making".
image.png.20e0dc22956501cb5ef7860ee04fa8bc.png

3.6 Bind your macro

To bind your macro, do as normal except in "Control sent when keys pressed" find your macro's name. In this example, "ABC" :
image.png.065e8a14303ac64e599155c3db33790d.png

Don't forget to hit Confirm ;)

4. Binding via the Copilot plugin

The Copilot add-on that you can download here offers you another method of binding keys, buttons, and axes. Watch this video for a short tutorial:

More information can be found in the manual.

--

Note: The most common macro being looked for is the handy engine master switch. The macro is tricky to make as it needs editing and I understand some of you might not want to waste time on that. That's why from now on, after each FSLabs version, I'll update a working macro of ENG 1 and ENG 2 MASTER SW if needed.

The macro will, with one bind (keybind or hardware button/switch), lift - move - unlift the master switch. Long story short : you can start or shutdown one engine with one bind.

Simply copy [VERSION][AIRCRAFT]ENG1.MCRO and [VERSION][AIRCRAFT]ENG2.MCRO in [...]\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules and then bind your macros by following the 3.6 step, looking for the name of the macro file.

--

Note 2: /!\ Sometimes, even if you stayed on the same FSLabs or Prepar3D version, I noticed that some macros might not work anymore for some reason. The fix is to restart your sim.

The "A320" macros as well work for the A319.
The v434 A320/A319 macros work as well for v440.

v434A320ENG2.MCRO 98 B · 198 downloads v434A320ENG1.MCRO 98 B · 129 downloads v434A321ENG1.MCRO 100 B · 95 downloads v434A321ENG2.MCRO 98 B · 77 downloads

that works for ecam panel control ?

• 1 month later...
Giuseppe Rondena

Hi,

I have just discovered this post and I find it simply amazing!!!! Thanks a lot for that. :)

I was wondering  if could be possible not only to read the FCU values (alt, speed, hdg), but also to write them to simulate the FO support in setting them.

Thanks a lot again and KR

GR

ALESSANDRO ANILE

Hi guys, it's not working, forgot something? i also restarted the flight simulator Prepar3d V5.2
I plugged in the switches that are on the Throttle Whartog

Alessandro

Screenshot (621).png

Screenshot (622).png

Stefan Henle

Hello guys,

Has somebody been successful yet to find out the codes for “back up speed / alt” pushbutton in the new A320SL? 

Thanks and best wishes!

Cheers, stefan