**V440 UPDATE** In-depth tutorial to bind SWITCHES and PUSH-BUTTONS to keyboard or hardware for the A3XX

Alexandre K

Conner Pierce
7 hours ago, bryan cazacu said:

yes taxi lights if you get em would be awesome . since they are turn on and off with the landing gear extension when you have more  workload than the landing lights at 10.000 feet i hope it works , so this would work for the warthog thottle right?

Button 27 (ALT)

When pressed: 72511

When released: 72512

Button 26  (PATH)

When pressed: 72512
When released: 72511

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alexandre K

• NilsUnger

• Peter Pukhnoy

• eddmariner

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TABLE OF CONTENTS I. INTRODUCTION II. ROTORBRAKE CODES III. FSUIPC MACRO   1. INTRODUCTION: Greetings, Since many people were asking in different topics and even in PMs, I

In case someone would prefer the 'rotorbrake' command to macros for the actions which aren't in actions.lua, I've made a list of the 'rotorbrake' control parameters for such actions. The actions that

Posted Images

chris cazacu
On 3/31/2020 at 10:38 PM, Conner Pierce said:

I figured it out!

Button 27 (ALT)

When button pressed: 72501

When button released: 72502

Button 26 (PATH)

When button pressed: 72502

When button released: 72501

Not to warthog users, ALT/HDG does not actually have a button assignment.

Edit: these are the landing light values. My bad. But same process, just the taxi light values. I can grab those if you need. 

sorry i didn't understand the part of no to warthog users... are those values applicable to assign them to the warthog  hotas throttle?

Conner Pierce
18 minutes ago, bryan cazacu said:

sorry i didn't understand the part of no to warthog users... are those values applicable to assign them to the warthog  hotas throttle?

My bad, I meant note**

Yup! I tested your taxi light config on my warthog hotas throttle. Same switch that you wanted. I actually have mine for landing lights, but was able to switch it to taxi light to test the codes for you. Works great!

• 3 months later...
Anastasios Kalimeris

Good evening,

the macros (V434/Eng Master Switches) for the newest Version v5.0.1.101 doesn’t work in the A320-X. I haven’t test it in the A319/321.

Are you experiencing the same problem? If yes, can somebody please update the macro files? 
:)

Thank you in advance

Anastasios

Shand Stewart

I have been trying to get these macros to work for 2 days now. Im very sure i had it set the same way the previous files were....... but they didnt work......

Working now thankfully. Thank you very much @Rafal....

• 4 weeks later...
Hamilton Müller

Dear friends,

I tried to do a Macro to use with the WXR Radar SYS switch as toggle (using just one button). But even followed the manual "FSUIPC for Advanced Users" it still didn´t work.

[Macros]
1=FSLabs_WX
1.1=RX40000165,1
1.2=RX40000165,3

Would you please help.

Thanks

NilsUnger
49 minutes ago, Hamilton Müller said:

Dear friends,

I tried to do a Macro to use with the WXR Radar SYS switch as toggle (using just one button). But even followed the manual "FSUIPC for Advanced Users" it still didn´t work.

[Macros]
1=FSLabs_WX
1.1=RX40000165,1
1.2=RX40000165,3

Would you please help.

Thanks

As far as I'm aware you need to program a true lua plugin in this exact case. You can't program any logic into macros, which you will need to get the toggle function. The switch in the VC is a three position switch, that's why it's not really logical to make it a toggle switch. But I guess you want to toggle between sys1 and off, which is sufficient enough. 

The code you show will always perform right and left click in sequence (or the other way around, not sure). The switch will effectively stay in the same position with this logic. 

I just assigned the right click macro to a keyboard key and the left click macro to the same key with shift enabled. 

Hamilton Müller

"You can't program any logic into macros, which you will need to get the toggle function"

Interesting, Mr Rafal posted above macro files for the Engine Start sw and I use it with one button (Hotas sw ): 

[Macros]
1=FSLabs_WX
1.1=RX40000165,1
1.2=RX40000165,3
1.3=RX40000165,13
1.4=RX40000165,11

"But I guess you want to toggle between sys1 and off"

Exactly!  But the macro I did I can only move in one direction.  ie. AUTO to 1 .

Thanks

NilsUnger
2 hours ago, Hamilton Müller said:

Interesting, Mr Rafal posted above macro files for the Engine Start sw and I use it with one button (Hotas sw ): 

In this case the mouse click sequence is exactly the same for engine start and shut off. That's the reason why you can map the macro to a single button without any further toggle logic.

I'm pretty sure you need a lua plug in. Or you have a look at LINDA, they have that covered most probably.

Hamilton Müller
1 hour ago, NilsUnger said:

In this case the mouse click sequence is exactly the same for engine start and shut off. That's the reason why you can map the macro to a single button without any further toggle logic.

I'm pretty sure you need a lua plug in. Or you have a look at LINDA, they have that covered most probably.

"I'm pretty sure you need a lua plug in. "

Yes, I guess so.

"Or you have a look at LINDA"

Oh no, you have to install it and it´s not friendly to me. I´ll manage to use 2 buttons until I find another way.

Thanks again Nils !

Peter Pukhnoy
On 8/3/2020 at 9:22 PM, Hamilton Müller said:

"I'm pretty sure you need a lua plug in. "

Yes, I guess so.

You could try my lua library that facilitates interacting with FSL cockpit controls. To create your toggle binding, you would need to:

1. Download this and drag only the folder Modules\FSL2Lua from the archive into your FSUIPC folder (the one where FSUIPC6.dll is installed)
  2. Inside your FSUIPC folder, create a file named ipcready.lua with the following content (replace C4 with the FSUIPC joystick letter and number for your button):
if not ipc.readSTR(0x3C00, 256):find("FSLabs") then return end

local FSL = require "FSL2Lua"

Bind {btn = "C4", onPress = {FSL.PED_WXRadar_SYS_Switch, "toggle"}}

Hamilton Müller
1 hour ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

You could try my lua library that facilitates interacting for FSL cockpit controls. 

Thank you Peter!

Ross McDonagh
On 8/26/2019 at 8:41 AM, Peter Pukhnoy said:

In case someone would prefer the 'rotorbrake' command to macros for the actions which aren't in actions.lua, I've made a list of the 'rotorbrake' control parameters for such actions. The actions that already are in actions.lua should be there, too - as well as things like moving the seats and the sun shades.

Most pushbuttons are assigned two parameters - one to press and the other one to release. There's a comment for each parameter telling whether its action is to press or to release a switch. Some switches can only be toggled, in which case there will be only one comment. For example, you'll find:

VC_OVHD_AC_Pack_1_Button = 72398, -- to release
VC_OVHD_AC_Pack_2_Button = 72402, -- to release

Using the parameter 72398 will either press or release the Pack 1 switch. Another example is the APU_MASTER switch that will be pressed and released with one toggle parameter.

Of course, you can create a Lua script for separate press and release actions using the toggle parameters.

Here's an example showing how you would map the EXT PWR switch to a key: 

example.jpg.e9365b01c38b9f616124b0d08f2120aa.jpg

rotorbrake_param_list.txt 48.73 kB · 205 downloads

Is there a way to bind both landing lights to one switch?  I currently use a mouse macro and said macro works in the A320, but when I swap to the A321, that macro constantly pushes the comm2 switch on the FO/Right side RMP so I’ve been having to swap profiles around. 

Peter Pukhnoy
11 minutes ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Is there a way to bind both landing lights to one switch?  I currently use a mouse macro and said macro works in the A320, but when I swap to the A321, that macro constantly pushes the comm2 switch on the FO/Right side RMP so I’ve been having to swap profiles around. 

See 2.1 in the opening post.

Ross McDonagh
8 hours ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

See 2.1 in the opening post.

The codes only list R/L landing lights not both together-see below here: 

VC_OVHD_EXTLT_Land_L_Switch = 72497, -- to press
VC_OVHD_EXTLT_Land_L_Switch = 72501, -- to release
VC_OVHD_EXTLT_Land_R_Switch = 72502, -- to press
VC_OVHD_EXTLT_Land_L_Switch = 72502, -- to press

VC_OVHD_EXTLT_Land_R_Switch = 72506, -- to release
VC_OVHD_EXTLT_Land_R_Switch = 72507, -- to press

How can I set both of these switches to one button? (Honeycomb Alpha)  I’m looking to set  one button as press up with repeat and one for down with repeat?   In addition, the codes I’ve highlighted seem a little jumbled or is the 72502 code what’s needed for both switches?

Peter Pukhnoy
4 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

How can I set both of these switches to one button?

I referred you to the first post which explains precisely how you can find these codes using the FSUIPC console. It's 72502 to move both switches up an 72501 to move them down. The codes in the file look weird because the file was generated by a lua script that simply invoked rotorbrake codes in a certain range and checked if that did anything.

Ross McDonagh
6 hours ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

The codes in the file look weird because the file was generated by a lua script that simply invoked rotorbrake codes in a certain range and checked if that did anything.

See this is where I get lost.  Scripts and lua and Linda and rotorbrake.  I figured out the code list and got 99% of my flight deck setup except the landing lights... 

• Bob Lyddy pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
eddmariner

my throttletek a320 throttle box engine start switches will not bind using fsuipc and the downloads you provided. the rotorbrake feature does not work as the switches dont register in the fsuipc windows when selected. ( hope that was clear).  i have the latest fslabs a320 version in p3dv4.5 how did you and others get this working? by the way i had no problem making the engine mode knob bind using the macro feature. will you please help me?

phil highton

hello all, as anybody got the rotorbrake code for a/p engage-disengage using the red button on my warthog, i would like to engage a/p during initial climb out instead of going to the fcu ? ;)

Mark Roberts
10 hours ago, eddmariner said:

anyone have macros for the a321 v5.0.1.114?????

I havent installed the a319/320/321 updates yet but once I do later tonight Ill get the macros all sorted again.

Hi! I decided to make this kind of overlay (from xplane.org) for my Warthog throttle. 

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Switch Panel Setup - 320 Ultimate by Flight  Factor - X-Plane.Org Forum

I just purchased FSUIPC and I am totally new to this. I managed to get most of the buttons working with macros and rotor brakes.  How can I make the landing lights to work with 2 position switch? Do I use repeat or can I somehow make a macro that make LDG Light switch go up/down 2 times?

Thanks!