Jump to content

**V440 UPDATE** In-depth tutorial to bind SWITCHES and PUSH-BUTTONS to keyboard or hardware for the A3XX


Alexandre K

Recommended Posts

Conner Pierce
7 hours ago, bryan cazacu said:

yes taxi lights if you get em would be awesome . since they are turn on and off with the landing gear extension when you have more  workload than the landing lights at 10.000 feet i hope it works , so this would work for the warthog thottle right?

Button 27 (ALT)

When pressed: 72511

When released: 72512

 

Button 26  (PATH)

When pressed: 72512
When released: 72511

Link to comment
chris cazacu
On 3/31/2020 at 10:38 PM, Conner Pierce said:

I figured it out!

Button 27 (ALT)

When button pressed: 72501

When button released: 72502

 

Button 26 (PATH)

When button pressed: 72502

When button released: 72501

 

Not to warthog users, ALT/HDG does not actually have a button assignment.

 

Edit: these are the landing light values. My bad. But same process, just the taxi light values. I can grab those if you need. 

sorry i didn't understand the part of no to warthog users... are those values applicable to assign them to the warthog  hotas throttle?

Link to comment
Conner Pierce
18 minutes ago, bryan cazacu said:

sorry i didn't understand the part of no to warthog users... are those values applicable to assign them to the warthog  hotas throttle?

My bad, I meant note**

Yup! I tested your taxi light config on my warthog hotas throttle. Same switch that you wanted. I actually have mine for landing lights, but was able to switch it to taxi light to test the codes for you. Works great!

Link to comment
  • 3 months later...
Anastasios Kalimeris

Good evening,

the macros (V434/Eng Master Switches) for the newest Version v5.0.1.101 doesn’t work in the A320-X. I haven’t test it in the A319/321.

Are you experiencing the same problem? If yes, can somebody please update the macro files? 
:)

Thank you in advance

Anastasios

Link to comment
Shand Stewart

I have been trying to get these macros to work for 2 days now. Im very sure i had it set the same way the previous files were....... but they didnt work......

 

Working now thankfully. Thank you very much @Rafal....

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...
Hamilton Müller

Dear friends,

I tried to do a Macro to use with the WXR Radar SYS switch as toggle (using just one button). But even followed the manual "FSUIPC for Advanced Users" it still didn´t work.

[Macros]
1=FSLabs_WX
1.1=RX40000165,1
1.2=RX40000165,3

Would you please help.

Thanks

 

Link to comment
49 minutes ago, Hamilton Müller said:

Dear friends,

I tried to do a Macro to use with the WXR Radar SYS switch as toggle (using just one button). But even followed the manual "FSUIPC for Advanced Users" it still didn´t work.

[Macros]
1=FSLabs_WX
1.1=RX40000165,1
1.2=RX40000165,3

Would you please help.

Thanks

 

As far as I'm aware you need to program a true lua plugin in this exact case. You can't program any logic into macros, which you will need to get the toggle function. The switch in the VC is a three position switch, that's why it's not really logical to make it a toggle switch. But I guess you want to toggle between sys1 and off, which is sufficient enough. 

The code you show will always perform right and left click in sequence (or the other way around, not sure). The switch will effectively stay in the same position with this logic. 

I just assigned the right click macro to a keyboard key and the left click macro to the same key with shift enabled. 

Link to comment
Hamilton Müller

"You can't program any logic into macros, which you will need to get the toggle function"

Interesting, Mr Rafal posted above macro files for the Engine Start sw and I use it with one button (Hotas sw ): 

[Macros]
1=FSLabs_WX
1.1=RX40000165,1
1.2=RX40000165,3
1.3=RX40000165,13
1.4=RX40000165,11

"But I guess you want to toggle between sys1 and off"

Exactly!  But the macro I did I can only move in one direction.  ie. AUTO to 1 .

Thanks

 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Hamilton Müller said:

Interesting, Mr Rafal posted above macro files for the Engine Start sw and I use it with one button (Hotas sw ): 

In this case the mouse click sequence is exactly the same for engine start and shut off. That's the reason why you can map the macro to a single button without any further toggle logic.

I'm pretty sure you need a lua plug in. Or you have a look at LINDA, they have that covered most probably.

Link to comment
Hamilton Müller
1 hour ago, NilsUnger said:

In this case the mouse click sequence is exactly the same for engine start and shut off. That's the reason why you can map the macro to a single button without any further toggle logic.

I'm pretty sure you need a lua plug in. Or you have a look at LINDA, they have that covered most probably.

"I'm pretty sure you need a lua plug in. "

Yes, I guess so.

"Or you have a look at LINDA"

Oh no, you have to install it and it´s not friendly to me. I´ll manage to use 2 buttons until I find another way.

Thanks again Nils !

Link to comment
Ross McDonagh
On 8/26/2019 at 8:41 AM, Peter Pukhnoy said:

In case someone would prefer the 'rotorbrake' command to macros for the actions which aren't in actions.lua, I've made a list of the 'rotorbrake' control parameters for such actions. The actions that already are in actions.lua should be there, too - as well as things like moving the seats and the sun shades.

Most pushbuttons are assigned two parameters - one to press and the other one to release. There's a comment for each parameter telling whether its action is to press or to release a switch. Some switches can only be toggled, in which case there will be only one comment. For example, you'll find:

VC_OVHD_AC_Pack_1_Button = 72398, -- to release
VC_OVHD_AC_Pack_2_Button = 72402, -- to release

Using the parameter 72398 will either press or release the Pack 1 switch. Another example is the APU_MASTER switch that will be pressed and released with one toggle parameter.

Of course, you can create a Lua script for separate press and release actions using the toggle parameters.

Here's an example showing how you would map the EXT PWR switch to a key: 

example.jpg.e9365b01c38b9f616124b0d08f2120aa.jpg

 

rotorbrake_param_list.txt 48.73 kB · 205 downloads

Is there a way to bind both landing lights to one switch?  I currently use a mouse macro and said macro works in the A320, but when I swap to the A321, that macro constantly pushes the comm2 switch on the FO/Right side RMP so I’ve been having to swap profiles around. 

Link to comment
Peter Pukhnoy
11 minutes ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Is there a way to bind both landing lights to one switch?  I currently use a mouse macro and said macro works in the A320, but when I swap to the A321, that macro constantly pushes the comm2 switch on the FO/Right side RMP so I’ve been having to swap profiles around. 

See 2.1 in the opening post.

Link to comment
Ross McDonagh
8 hours ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

See 2.1 in the opening post.

The codes only list R/L landing lights not both together-see below here: 

VC_OVHD_EXTLT_Land_L_Switch = 72497, -- to press
VC_OVHD_EXTLT_Land_L_Switch = 72501, -- to release
VC_OVHD_EXTLT_Land_R_Switch = 72502, -- to press
VC_OVHD_EXTLT_Land_L_Switch = 72502, -- to press

VC_OVHD_EXTLT_Land_R_Switch = 72506, -- to release
VC_OVHD_EXTLT_Land_R_Switch = 72507, -- to press
 

How can I set both of these switches to one button? (Honeycomb Alpha)  I’m looking to set  one button as press up with repeat and one for down with repeat?   In addition, the codes I’ve highlighted seem a little jumbled or is the 72502 code what’s needed for both switches?
 

 

Link to comment
Peter Pukhnoy
4 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

How can I set both of these switches to one button?

I referred you to the first post which explains precisely how you can find these codes using the FSUIPC console. It's 72502 to move both switches up an 72501 to move them down. The codes in the file look weird because the file was generated by a lua script that simply invoked rotorbrake codes in a certain range and checked if that did anything.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Ross McDonagh
6 hours ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

The codes in the file look weird because the file was generated by a lua script that simply invoked rotorbrake codes in a certain range and checked if that did anything.

See this is where I get lost.  Scripts and lua and Linda and rotorbrake.  I figured out the code list and got 99% of my flight deck setup except the landing lights... 

Link to comment
  • Bob L pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

my throttletek a320 throttle box engine start switches will not bind using fsuipc and the downloads you provided. the rotorbrake feature does not work as the switches dont register in the fsuipc windows when selected. ( hope that was clear).  i have the latest fslabs a320 version in p3dv4.5 how did you and others get this working? by the way i had no problem making the engine mode knob bind using the macro feature. will you please help me?

Link to comment

hello all, as anybody got the rotorbrake code for a/p engage-disengage using the red button on my warthog, i would like to engage a/p during initial climb out instead of going to the fcu ? ;)

Link to comment
10 hours ago, eddmariner said:

anyone have macros for the a321 v5.0.1.114?????

I havent installed the a319/320/321 updates yet but once I do later tonight Ill get the macros all sorted again.

Link to comment

Hi! I decided to make this kind of overlay (from xplane.org) for my Warthog throttle. 

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Switch Panel Setup - 320 Ultimate by Flight  Factor - X-Plane.Org Forum

I just purchased FSUIPC and I am totally new to this. I managed to get most of the buttons working with macros and rotor brakes.  How can I make the landing lights to work with 2 position switch? Do I use repeat or can I somehow make a macro that make LDG Light switch go up/down 2 times?

Thanks!

Link to comment
On 8/6/2020 at 5:57 PM, Peter Pukhnoy said:

I referred you to the first post which explains precisely how you can find these codes using the FSUIPC console. It's 72502 to move both switches up an 72501 to move them down. The codes in the file look weird because the file was generated by a lua script that simply invoked rotorbrake codes in a certain range and checked if that did anything.

peter you saved my bacon dear boy, thanks for this post its a god send 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Stefan Henle

Thanks for this perfect tutorial. I manage to bind more and more buttons and switches to my keyboard (had some troubles with the TERR ON ND button, but finally found some working Rotor Brake parameters).

Nevertheless I still have problems with the selected heading triangle on PFD. Basically the binding works fine. Push, pull, increase, decrease the heading knob by my keyboard.
BUT only as long as the 2D or VC is displayed on my screen. As I am using a second screen for PFD and ND, my cockpit panel normally is switched off. 
The knob is working a few times, then stucks and moves more or less uncontrollable with present speed. Switching cockpit panel on and off works like a reset and the knob is controllable again for a few moments.

An interesting fact: heading bug, altitude or V/S work perfectly all the time with disabled cockpit panel. It’s only the heading knob making me crazy... 

Is there any expert knowing what I’m doing wrong? Why it’s working for 3 out of 4 buttons only?

Thanks very much in advance for your help!

Happy landings! ✈️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Vincent Twisker
13 hours ago, Stefan Henle said:

An interesting fact: heading bug, altitude or V/S work perfectly all the time with disabled cockpit panel. It’s only the heading knob making me crazy.

For me it is the speedcontrol that often requires me to temporarily go back to 2D view. Once "reset" it works fine for the remainder of the flight. I only use View Cockpit-Cockpit.

Link to comment
Stefan Henle
1 hour ago, Vincent Twisker said:

For me it is the speedcontrol that often requires me to temporarily go back to 2D view. Once "reset" it works fine for the remainder of the flight. I only use View Cockpit-Cockpit.

Unfortunately I have to do this reset every 5 minutes. The speed control via FSUIPC without the 2D panel seems to be very unstable.

 

By any chance: do you / does anybody know the codes for “Master Warn” and “Master Caut” push buttons? Macro isn’t working and I cannot extract some rotor brake codes via FSUIPC logging tool neither. 
 

Cheers!    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Philipp Müller

Hey everybody,

first of all thanks for the very nice tutorial! I managed to map nearly all the buttons I needed. Unfortunately for some reason there are buttons like the BATTERY switches or the HYD PUMP switches which for some reason just don't wanna work.

I am using the newest version of both P3D and FSLabs. Maybe someone also experienced that problem and knows how to fix it.

Thanks!

Link to comment
  • 2 months later...
Hamilton Müller
On 1/12/2021 at 7:44 AM, Stefan Henle said:

Does anybody know the codes for “Master Warn” and “Master Caut” push buttons? Macro isn’t working and I cannot extract some rotor brake codes via FSUIPC logging tool neither. 

Same here, I need that too. Would anybody please post the codes for “Master Warning” and “Master Caution” for the A32F.

Thanks,

Hamilton

 

Link to comment
Stefan Henle
2 hours ago, Hamilton Müller said:

Same here, I need that too. Would anybody please post the codes for “Master Warning” and “Master Caution” for the A32F.

Thanks,

Hamilton

 

That’s one of the few things missing on my keyboard! I would highly appreciate the codes for “Master warning” and “master caution”!
Thanks a lot! 
Stefan  

Link to comment
Jean-Claude BÉGUIN

Hello Hamilton and Stefan,

Here the rotorbrake codes for Master warning/caution

Master warning :
- On press : 71150
- On release 71152

Master Caution :
- On press : 71154
- On release 71156

Enjoy ! 
Cheers. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Hamilton Müller
30 minutes ago, Jean-Claude BÉGUIN said:

Hello Hamilton and Stefan, Here the rotorbrake codes for Master warning/caution

 

Thank you so much Jean-Claude!

Link to comment
Stefan Henle
16 hours ago, Jean-Claude BÉGUIN said:

Hello Hamilton and Stefan,

Here the rotorbrake codes for Master warning/caution

Master warning :
- On press : 71150
- On release 71152

Master Caution :
- On press : 71154
- On release 71156

Enjoy ! 
Cheers. 

Hey Jean-Claude, you're the best!

These codes are so helpful! Perfect detective work I guess ;-)


Thanks a lot! Have a nice day! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
Anastasios Kalimeris

Hi guys, 

maybe someone has a hint for me. I have some buttons binded via Rotorbrake codes in FSUIPC. 

Concerning the OVHD Fuel TK Switches. In the A 321 the Center Tank Rotor Brake Codes don’t work. The left and right fuel tank switches are working normally.  If i push my buttons, the sim crashes. All work fine in the A319/320. I think the sim crashes, because the RB Codes don’t exist.

The A321 has a slightly different fuel system with other designations. Maybe there are own Rotorbrake codes? If i enable logging in FSUIPC i cannot find out the right Codes for the OVHD Korrys. The output says something like: „The button doesn’t exist in the sim“.

Thank you and hopefully someone has an idea. :)

Anastasios 

Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...