**V440 UPDATE** In-depth tutorial to bind SWITCHES and PUSH-BUTTONS to keyboard or hardware for the A3XX

Alexandre K

Vincent Twisker

Anybody has any clever suggestion how to control the VC display brightness with the rotorbrake codes in combination with an axis? In the past I have assigned ranges in FSUIPC to the applicable axis and made those activate multiple times the code for increase or decrease the brightness. It more or less worked, but it wasn't "pretty".

Thanks!  

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alexandre K

• NilsUnger

• Peter Pukhnoy

• eddmariner

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TABLE OF CONTENTS I. INTRODUCTION II. ROTORBRAKE CODES III. FSUIPC MACRO   1. INTRODUCTION: Greetings, Since many people were asking in different topics and even in PMs, I

In case someone would prefer the 'rotorbrake' command to macros for the actions which aren't in actions.lua, I've made a list of the 'rotorbrake' control parameters for such actions. The actions that

Posted Images

Carlos Alvarez

Hello guys.. How can i get the buttons code, with the instructions i reed from abode i only can get the switches rotobrake codes but no buttons.. Can somebody help me with that? 

Or

I need the RB codes for FD/ILS buttons on both sides

Have a nice day

Carlos Alvarez

thanks it work but I still need APR, LOC, AP1/AP2 in other words the whole AP panel. Can somebody provide that?

Thanks in advance 

Alexandre K

@Carlos Alvarez

APPR:
AP1: 71190
AP2: 71194
SPD/MACH: 71178
BIRD: 71186
METRIC ALT: 71206
LOC:71182
A/THR: 71198
EXPED: 71202

If you want to bind multiple rotorbrake codes on the same button/key, you may create a .lua file in your /Modules folder. In it, you can write (and repeat as necessary) :

ipc.control(66587, X)

Where X is the rotorbrake code. Then, you can assign this lua file to your desired bind.

Hope it helps!

Marco Serwatka

Did anyone figure out a way to bind the PA button so that it is held down as long as you hold down your assigned button? It didn't work when I tried setting up the macro via FSUIPC.

Alexandre K
7 minutes ago, Marco Serwatka said:

Did anyone figure out a way to bind the PA button so that it is held down as long as you hold down your assigned button? It didn't work when I tried setting up the macro via FSUIPC.

Hmm I have a macro which holds it as long as I hold the button assigned but for the right click. It should work for the left click as well. Try this one and let me know (of course tick the option "repeat when held" in the key/button assignment).

PA.MCRO

• Like 1
Marco Serwatka

It doesnt quite work, as the PA button will be held forever once I've pushed my assigned control until I manually click it again using the mouse in the VC. 

Alexandre K

@Marco Serwatka Oh yes sorry I totally forgot about that, I gave an advice without even looking at my own options...

That's what I have for the rightclick and it works as you want. The file I sent you is the very same except I edited the right click into a left click. Try that and let me know if this time it works.

PS: Do you want to assign it to a hardware button or to your keyboard ? You may want to assign it to your keyboard (let's say "A") and map your hardware button to the keyboard bind via FSUIPC.

PS2: I don't remember if the parameter of the macro is of any use. I think I just tried the rotorbrake code first and forgot to delete it when I opted for a macro.

image.png.ae965b4dc48d195f2491ef48cefebb22.png

• Like 1
Carlos Alvarez

Is there any rotobrake action to pop up PFD,ND,UPPER and LOWER ECAM?

Andrew Baker

You don’t need rotor codes for that, in FSUIPC you need to use Panel_ID_Toggle then the parameter number is the IDENT number found in the panel.cfg file. Look for the Window section with the panel you want to pop up. It will start with something like “Window27”, somewhere in that section you will find an IDENT number, use that as the parameter.

Here you go these are the parameters for the Captain side displays

PFD=8026
	ND=8027
	EWD=8028
	SD=8029

roland_lfor

Very interesting topic !

Silly question: is it ever possible using FSUIPC to "read" some displayed values, like for example the altitude set on the FCU?

Carlos Alvarez
17 hours ago, Andrew Baker said:

You don’t need rotor codes for that, in FSUIPC you need to use Panel_ID_Toggle then the parameter number is the IDENT number found in the panel.cfg file. Look for the Window section with the panel you want to pop up. It will start with something like “Window27”, somewhere in that section you will find an IDENT number, use that as the parameter.

Here you go these are the parameters for the Captain side displays

PFD=8026
	ND=8027
	EWD=8028
	SD=8029

Great thanks

roland_lfor
2 hours ago, Alexandre Kubatko said:

@roland_lfor @NilsUnger Yes it's possible to read the FCU with the exception of the V/S and managed dots via localhost:<port>/FCU/Display

That's right it's working, thanks

It send back a Json string:

{"Type":"Json","Value":{"ALT":"3 6 0 0 0","HDG":" - - -","HDG_MANAGED":true,"HDG_VS_SEL":true,"SPD":" 2 5 3","SPD_MACH":false,"SPD_MANAGED":false}}

• 2 weeks later...
Carlos Alvarez

hello guys I need engine manual start 1 and 2 i only got the guard number..

• 2 weeks later...
Luis Landa

Thank you very much for this tutorial.
Is anyone using a button box with FsLabs A320x on p3d? I’m looking for a button box to program the main functions of the overhead.

The VRInsight Tact and Toggle panel looks good but I don’t know if it will be compatible with p3d and fsuipc and will work well with FsLabs. Has anyone tried it?

Andrew Baker

The VRinsight TT panel is a USB device and will be seen in any sim as a joystick, so you should have no problems using it with FSUIPC. I used to be tech support for VRinsight ;)

Luis Landa
1 hour ago, Andrew Baker said:

The VRinsight TT panel is a USB device and will be seen in any sim as a joystick, so you should have no problems using it with FSUIPC. I used to be tech support for VRinsight ;)

Thanks Andrew. I’ll go for it.

• Like 1
Luis Landa

@Andrew Baker I’ve already received the VRInsight tack and toggle panel and it’s working well with p3d, fsuipc and FsLabs, using this tutorial to program the switches. 

• Like 1
eddmariner

i have the throttletek a320 quadrant.v2 i used your profiles to make the start switches work. however they work like this: switch up to start engine, switch down then back up again to turn engine off or stop. is that normal?  Also i cant find the right way to make the engine mode switch work using mouse macro routine, how is that done or maybe you might make a profile available to make crank,normal and start work with throttletek quadrant. maybe???

Alexandre K

If you have actual engine switches with 3 detents (up, down and lift) you can just assign those 3 separate functions. However, it should work.

Unfortunately I don't have the throttletek quadrant, so I have no idea what would work or what wouldn't. You can try :

Rotorbrake 78253 on IGN/START
Rotorbrake 78252 on NORM
Rotorbrake 78252 on CRANK

eddmariner

ok, the first two parameters work fine but the one for crank does not .i can go from norm to crank but not back from crank to norm. is there a different parameter value for the crank position? thanks for the first two though.

Alexandre K

Ah yes, my bad, that's completely normal. The rotorbrake codes are to decrease and increase only for the engine mode selector, to my knowledge there are no codes for all 3 positions.

The solution would be to assign 78252 on CRANK and 78253 on IGN/START. For the NORM selector, instead of a rotorbrake code you would need to assign a .lua file in which you need to read the position of the mode selector to decide whether you want to increase or decrease the mode selector. I'm not exactly sure if there is an easy way to do that right now, maybe @Peter Pukhnoy can help ?

Jean-Claude BÉGUIN

Hello guys,

For the Crank/Norm/Ign actions you need a 3 position switch (or a contactor).

Let's call the 3 positions A, B and C (A being Crank, B Normal and C Ignition). You divide these actions in 2 "buttons", to be programmed into FSUIPC (see the codes from  Alexandre post above)

Button 1 : On press = Pos. A Crank, On release = Pos. B Normal

Button 2 : On press = Pos. C Ign, on release = Pos. B Normal

The Norm position is the "on release" position for both switches (the middle position for a 3 position switch)

Hope this helps

• Like 1
Alexander Luzajic
4 hours ago, eddmariner said:

best help forum ive ever known. thanks ill try it now.

While I agree....I have issues assigning simple things like Landing light on and off.....I was able, more or less, to set all important stuff but landing lights nope...tried more or less everything...unless...I need a shortcut for landing lights so I can assign thru keys....I manage for example to set and assign trust reverser because I know it is F2, but have no clue about lights...tried all combinations but can't figure...anyone has a list of shortcuts? or I missed it somewhere in the manual.....

Alexandre K

Hey Alexander,

Following my tutorial you will be able to assign landing lights with the following Rotorbrake codes :

Strobes : 72472 to increase
Strobes : 72471 to decrease
Beacon : 72476 to toggle
Wing : 72481 to toggle
Nav & logo : 72487 to increase
Nav & logo : 72486 to decrease

Rwy turnoff : 72491 to toggle
Left Landing light : 72497 to increase
Left Landing light : 72496 to decrease
Right Landing light : 72507 to increase
Right Landing light : 72506 to increase

Alexander Luzajic
50 minutes ago, Alexandre Kubatko said:

Following my tutorial you will be able to assign landing lights with the following Rotorbrake codes :

Hey Alexandre...thank you.....looks like I didn't understood whole topic and meaning of "rotorbrake..." LOL....It seems that I have to go to the beginning and read...I was hoping that I would need simple assignment   thru FSUIPC until I realized that there are no shortcuts.

With file you created would it be as simple as putting it in designated FSUIPC folder and assigning to my throttle buttons....? I'll better go to the beginning of the tread and start reading.

Thank you 

Alexandre K

@Alexander Luzajic It's a simple assignment via FSUIPC yes, you assign the FS Control "Rotorbrake" with a parameter (a number) corresponding to a switch, knob etc., of course it's a bit tricky to find the values which are not explicitly given by FSLabs. There was a slightly easier way to find them before, but I had to remove it since, so it made it slightly harder for you guys.

However, if you follow my tutorial you can find them. And of course don't hesitate to ask if you do not find a specific one, people including me will help you :)

There is as well this list which should still be up to date (the codes can change with updates, that's why it can become outdated at some point):

Alexander Luzajic
20 minutes ago, Alexandre Kubatko said:

However, if you follow my tutorial you can find them. And of course don't hesitate to ask if you do not find a specific one, people including me will help you

Thank you Alexandre......I will try and if need help will contact you.....

• Like 1
ALESSANDRO ANILE

ok thanks, I will try to make these connections

Alessandro

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Alexander Luzajic
On 3/15/2020 at 4:09 PM, Alexandre Kubatko said:

However, if you follow my tutorial you can find them. And of course don't hesitate to ask if you do not find a specific one, people including me will help you

Thank you Alexandre......Made my Landing lights...but can't find TAXI light code...if you can share with us...I would appreciate.ll

Thank you

Jean-Claude BÉGUIN

Hello alexander,

Nose light switch "UP" function : Rotor brake + 72512 (Off --> Taxi --> T.O.)

Nose light switch "DN" function : Rotor brake + 72511 (T.O.  --> Taxi --> Off.)

Rwy turnoff lights : Rotor brake  + 72491 (Toggle)

chris cazacu
On 7/25/2019 at 9:35 AM, Alexandre Kubatko said:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

I. INTRODUCTION
II. ROTORBRAKE CODES
III. FSUIPC MACRO

1. INTRODUCTION:

Greetings,

Since many people were asking in different topics and even in PMs, I'm doing this quick - but yet in-depth - tutorial on how to bind SWITCHES and PUSH-BUTTONS (but literally anything is possible) on the FSLabs A3xx. For those who are asking themselves what I mean by the above sentence : ever fancied binding your PACKS to your keyboard or a hardware button in order to avoid looking at them while doing a 30° bank turn 10 s after departure and ending up triggering this wonderful add-on protections ? This tutorial is for you ;)

Hope it helps!

CAUTION: This tutorial requires FSUIPC and P3Dv4.4 or greater ! It is possible that, from a Prepar3D or FSLabs version to another (P3Dv4.4 to P3Dv4.5 OR FSLabs v400 to FSLabs v412) you have to redo some of your binds.

To make those "binds", you have two options. The first is what I call the "Rotorbrake code" way, with this you'll be able to bind most (if not all) switches of the aircraft such as all lights, seatbelt signs, no smoking signs, all TCAS knobs etc. However, you can as well make a macro. If you follow the exact steps listed in this tutorial everything is going to be fine, so let's get started !

2. ROTORBRAKE CODES:

2.1 Find the code

First of all, you'll need to get those "codes" and you'll understand the Rotorbrake part later.

Launch your simulator and load the FSLabs.

In the FSUIPC > Logging menu, check "Events (non-axis controls)" and "Send to console window". You may want to reduce temporarily your P3D screen size in windowed mode so it is easier.

image.png.c8a05ee0697a937aa9522ed61ece55ed.png

Now, click OK, and gather the needed codes by clicking on the things you would want to bind. (Usually on knobs such as the Transponder mode, there will be one value to decrease - left click - and one value to increase - right click.)

When you are done gathering, you may uncheck the above boxes in Logging to resume normal operations.

2.2 Go in >FSUIPC in your sim's menu.
Then in the submenu "Key Presses" if you want to assign the command to a keyboard bind (or "Button + Switches" for a hardware bind - works the same way).
2.3 Click on "Set"
Press the key you want to bind.
2.4 In "Control sent when keys pressed" select "Rotor Brake".
2.5 In "Parameter" enter the code.

2.6 Click "Confirm"

Eg: pressing my Num8 key will decrease by one the transponder mode (on the version of the tutorial's date). From TA/RA to RA or from RA to STBY.

image.png.00ce542d93c608b2cd60faae5f784c94.png

2.7 Repeat the operation for all other codes !

3. FSUIPC MACROS:

As I told you, if you want to bind push-buttons this is the option. To do so, either refer to FSUIPC's manual which gives much more information or follow this guide :

3.1 Go in your >FSUIPC sim menu.

Then, either go in "Key presses" or "Buttons + Switches" (does not matter) and click on "Create Mouse Macro".

image.png.0702f46028489859e6ac443a564b8141.png

3.2 Name your macro

Read carefully the instructions and name your macro. In this example, "ABC" :

image.png.a99dece0eb0f9af51f64630ab8298b0a.png

3.3 Click OK twice

Once to exit the "Mouse action Macro making" window once the name has been inserted and another time on the FSUIPC main menu to go back to the sim. You'll be in macro mode.

3.4 Click on the item part of the macro

Click in the VC ! If you want PACK 1 to be triggered by this macro, simply click at the middle of the PACK 1 p-b. Once a click is done, you should see this message (I suggest you repeat the initial's macro name but it can be different) :

image.thumb.png.b49599ab06d754533b75b6f3afc7e35b.png

If your macro is finished, simply go back to the FSUIPC menu. If not, you can do multiple clicks and repeat this operation and finally go back to FSUIPC main menu.

3.5 Back to the FSUIPC main menu

Click on "Key presses" or "Buttons + Switches" submenu and click on "End Macro Making".
image.png.20e0dc22956501cb5ef7860ee04fa8bc.png

3.6 Bind your macro

To bind your macro, do as normal except in "Control sent when keys pressed" find your macro's name. In this example, "ABC" :
image.png.065e8a14303ac64e599155c3db33790d.png

Don't forget to hit Confirm ;)

--

Note: The most common macro being looked for is the handy engine master switch. The macro is tricky to make as it needs editing and I understand some of you might not want to waste time on that. That's why from now on, after each FSLabs version, I'll update a working macro of ENG 1 and ENG 2 MASTER SW if needed.

The macro will, with one bind (keybind or hardware button/switch), lift - move - unlift the master switch. Long story short : you can start or shutdown one engine with one bind.

Simply copy [VERSION][AIRCRAFT]ENG1.MCRO and [VERSION][AIRCRAFT]ENG2.MCRO in [...]\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules and then bind your macros by following the 3.6 step, looking for the name of the macro file.

--

Note 2: /!\ Sometimes, even if you stayed on the same FSLabs or Prepar3D version, I noticed that some macros might not work anymore for some reason. The fix is to restart your sim.

The "A320" macros as well work for the A319.
The v434 A320/A319 macros work as well for v440.

v434A320ENG2.MCRO 98 B · 42 downloads v434A320ENG1.MCRO 98 B · 29 downloads v434A321ENG1.MCRO 100 B · 35 downloads v434A321ENG2.MCRO 98 B · 26 downloads

hi , is it possible to assign a 3 way position on my hotas warthog throttle button (path-alt/hdg-alt)  and make it work with the nose light  switch off taxi and t.o on the a320?

fslabs lights issue.jpg

chris cazacu
On 7/25/2019 at 9:35 AM, Alexandre Kubatko said:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

I. INTRODUCTION
II. ROTORBRAKE CODES
III. FSUIPC MACRO

1. INTRODUCTION:

Greetings,

Since many people were asking in different topics and even in PMs, I'm doing this quick - but yet in-depth - tutorial on how to bind SWITCHES and PUSH-BUTTONS (but literally anything is possible) on the FSLabs A3xx. For those who are asking themselves what I mean by the above sentence : ever fancied binding your PACKS to your keyboard or a hardware button in order to avoid looking at them while doing a 30° bank turn 10 s after departure and ending up triggering this wonderful add-on protections ? This tutorial is for you ;)

Hope it helps!

CAUTION: This tutorial requires FSUIPC and P3Dv4.4 or greater ! It is possible that, from a Prepar3D or FSLabs version to another (P3Dv4.4 to P3Dv4.5 OR FSLabs v400 to FSLabs v412) you have to redo some of your binds.

To make those "binds", you have two options. The first is what I call the "Rotorbrake code" way, with this you'll be able to bind most (if not all) switches of the aircraft such as all lights, seatbelt signs, no smoking signs, all TCAS knobs etc. However, you can as well make a macro. If you follow the exact steps listed in this tutorial everything is going to be fine, so let's get started !

2. ROTORBRAKE CODES:

2.1 Find the code

First of all, you'll need to get those "codes" and you'll understand the Rotorbrake part later.

Launch your simulator and load the FSLabs.

In the FSUIPC > Logging menu, check "Events (non-axis controls)" and "Send to console window". You may want to reduce temporarily your P3D screen size in windowed mode so it is easier.

image.png.c8a05ee0697a937aa9522ed61ece55ed.png

Now, click OK, and gather the needed codes by clicking on the things you would want to bind. (Usually on knobs such as the Transponder mode, there will be one value to decrease - left click - and one value to increase - right click.)

When you are done gathering, you may uncheck the above boxes in Logging to resume normal operations.

2.2 Go in >FSUIPC in your sim's menu.
Then in the submenu "Key Presses" if you want to assign the command to a keyboard bind (or "Button + Switches" for a hardware bind - works the same way).
2.3 Click on "Set"
Press the key you want to bind.
2.4 In "Control sent when keys pressed" select "Rotor Brake".
2.5 In "Parameter" enter the code.

2.6 Click "Confirm"

Eg: pressing my Num8 key will decrease by one the transponder mode (on the version of the tutorial's date). From TA/RA to RA or from RA to STBY.

image.png.00ce542d93c608b2cd60faae5f784c94.png

2.7 Repeat the operation for all other codes !

3. FSUIPC MACROS:

As I told you, if you want to bind push-buttons this is the option. To do so, either refer to FSUIPC's manual which gives much more information or follow this guide :

3.1 Go in your >FSUIPC sim menu.

Then, either go in "Key presses" or "Buttons + Switches" (does not matter) and click on "Create Mouse Macro".

image.png.0702f46028489859e6ac443a564b8141.png

3.2 Name your macro

Read carefully the instructions and name your macro. In this example, "ABC" :

image.png.a99dece0eb0f9af51f64630ab8298b0a.png

3.3 Click OK twice

Once to exit the "Mouse action Macro making" window once the name has been inserted and another time on the FSUIPC main menu to go back to the sim. You'll be in macro mode.

3.4 Click on the item part of the macro

Click in the VC ! If you want PACK 1 to be triggered by this macro, simply click at the middle of the PACK 1 p-b. Once a click is done, you should see this message (I suggest you repeat the initial's macro name but it can be different) :

image.thumb.png.b49599ab06d754533b75b6f3afc7e35b.png

If your macro is finished, simply go back to the FSUIPC menu. If not, you can do multiple clicks and repeat this operation and finally go back to FSUIPC main menu.

3.5 Back to the FSUIPC main menu

Click on "Key presses" or "Buttons + Switches" submenu and click on "End Macro Making".
image.png.20e0dc22956501cb5ef7860ee04fa8bc.png

3.6 Bind your macro

To bind your macro, do as normal except in "Control sent when keys pressed" find your macro's name. In this example, "ABC" :
image.png.065e8a14303ac64e599155c3db33790d.png

Don't forget to hit Confirm ;)

--

Note: The most common macro being looked for is the handy engine master switch. The macro is tricky to make as it needs editing and I understand some of you might not want to waste time on that. That's why from now on, after each FSLabs version, I'll update a working macro of ENG 1 and ENG 2 MASTER SW if needed.

The macro will, with one bind (keybind or hardware button/switch), lift - move - unlift the master switch. Long story short : you can start or shutdown one engine with one bind.

Simply copy [VERSION][AIRCRAFT]ENG1.MCRO and [VERSION][AIRCRAFT]ENG2.MCRO in [...]\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules and then bind your macros by following the 3.6 step, looking for the name of the macro file.

--

Note 2: /!\ Sometimes, even if you stayed on the same FSLabs or Prepar3D version, I noticed that some macros might not work anymore for some reason. The fix is to restart your sim.

The "A320" macros as well work for the A319.
The v434 A320/A319 macros work as well for v440.

v434A320ENG2.MCRO 98 B · 42 downloads v434A320ENG1.MCRO 98 B · 29 downloads v434A321ENG1.MCRO 100 B · 35 downloads v434A321ENG2.MCRO 98 B · 26 downloads

hi does anybody know how to link a 3 position switch on the hotas warthog throttle button(path-alt-hdg-alt) to the nose light off taxi and take off switch on the fslabs 320?

fslabs lights issue.jpg

Conner Pierce
On 3/30/2020 at 11:06 AM, bryan cazacu said:

hi does anybody know how to link a 3 position switch on the hotas warthog throttle button(path-alt-hdg-alt) to the nose light off taxi and take off switch on the fslabs 320?

I tried doing this last night. Looks like the middle position is not recognized as a true button, only the top and bottom portion of the switch.

Conner Pierce
On 3/30/2020 at 11:06 AM, bryan cazacu said:

On 3/31/2020 at 7:15 PM, Conner Pierce said:

I tried doing this last night. Looks like the middle position is not recognized as a true button, only the top and bottom portion of the switch.

I figured it out!

Button 27 (ALT)

When button pressed: 72501

When button released: 72502

Button 26 (PATH)

When button pressed: 72502

When button released: 72501

Note to warthog users, ALT/HDG does not actually have a button assignment.

Edit: these are the landing light values. My bad. But same process, just the taxi light values. I can grab those if you need. 

Xander Koote

Just a quick question. Does this technique apply only to the FSLabs A3XX or any 3rd party panel?

Cheers

Conner Pierce
2 hours ago, Xander Koote said:

Just a quick question. Does this technique apply only to the FSLabs A3XX or any 3rd party panel?

Cheers

Different aircraft will have different rotor brake codes, but same process. 

• Thanks 1
chris cazacu
On 3/31/2020 at 10:38 PM, Conner Pierce said:

I figured it out!

Button 27 (ALT)

When button pressed: 72501

When button released: 72502

Button 26 (PATH)

When button pressed: 72502

When button released: 72501

Not to warthog users, ALT/HDG does not actually have a button assignment.

Edit: these are the landing light values. My bad. But same process, just the taxi light values. I can grab those if you need. 

yes taxi lights if you get em would be awesome . since they are turn on and off with the landing gear extension when you have more  workload than the landing lights at 10.000 feet i hope it works , so this would work for the warthog thottle right?

• Bob Lyddy pinned this topic