A tons of questions

Marcell Csendes

Marcell Csendes

Hey!

I've been there for a while, but I still have a tons to learn, I am not sure who to ask, because I am part of many communities (including some Hungarian), but most of the time I prefer to ask on the correct forums for these questions, as they generally can answer easier and faster.

During my take off process, I've been struggling with a lot of things in the A320-X. For example using the Auto-throttle I still have many problems especially in bad weather conditions. I guess depending on the load of the aircraft and fuel amount the flaps need to be set accordingly, but how it's comes to when the weather is bad, I would assume in smaller thunderstorms or at least in lighter rains with medium winds the flaps supposed to be on 10-20 maximum. I met many times with low speeds during takeoffs because of the conditions. In this matter what should I do?

Also, how do I know the correct rudder trim amount to measure based on the wind?

Moreover, when I want to use the INT button to request GSX to handle the stuffs (boarding process for exampling) after willing the ATSU, it seems automatically the deboarding is triggered, is there any solution for that?

LDG evelation message is always come up on my display, however it's on AUTO, what should I do in that case?

That's all for now, I will check by if anything comes up.

Thanks in advance.

Koen Meier

The inter phone whether it is the int/rad switch or the int audio selector button. On load it will only ask for deboarding, the process happens rather quickly as there is no payload onboard. After filling in the atsu stuff and sending that away it will auto ask for refueling and via the boarding page for boarding via gsx than it will only ask for pushback.

Phil Tereny

The LDG elevation only works in AUTO mode, as long as you set up a destination airport in the MCDU, if not, you have to select it manually.

Rudder trim? I guess you are refering to the stabilizer trim, just take the gross weight cg (either from your load sheet or from the payload page of the MCDU) and look at the scale at the bottom of the checklist (PDF in the documentation folder).

Marcell Csendes

Thanks for the help guys.

1 hour ago, Phil Tereny said:

Rudder trim? I guess you are refering to the stabilizer trim, just take the gross weight cg (either from your load sheet or from the payload page of the MCDU) and look at the scale at the bottom of the checklist (PDF in the documentation folder).

I was referring to the rudder trim actually when there is cross wind, the rudder trim supposed to help to use less manual rudder to save fuel during takeoffs.

http://prntscr.com/oankqb

Phil Tereny

never heard of using the rudder trim for crosswind operations. Sounds a dangerous, what are you going to do if wind conditions change prior to touchdown? You can't react that fast, thats why you should rather use the rudder manually.

• Like 1
Thomas Danielsen

I've only heard of rudder trim being used when you have asymmetric thrust (like after an engine failure).

• Like 2