EFB Implementation planned?

Hardik Ramnani

Hardik Ramnani

Greetings,

Was wondering if an EFB implementation in the airbus planned for the future?

Regards

• Like 1
Stu Antonio

This has been brought up several times, just search for i.e. „tablet“ in the forum. 

I think right now it‘s not really planned (yet), but nothing is impossible with the FSL devs :) 

I even read somewhere that there was/is a „rogue“ tablet texture somewhere in the texture folder, maybe for a future use.... :) 

Edit: found it. Not sure what that means though ;) 

Koen Meier
15 minutes ago, Jordan Collins said:

It's coming with the release of a the 321. 

I don’t think that has been confirmed. I only know of the additional center tanks and the dcdu’s as part of the cpdlc. But I do think it is a nice addition if it was included due to the performance calculator we are getting as that would mean we have two options.

Hardik Ramnani
6 hours ago, Jordan Collins said:

what is your source on that?

Stu Antonio
9 hours ago, Jordan Collins said:

Really? I can't find an official statement on this, where did you get that information? 

Jordan Collins
4 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Really? I can't find an official statement on this, where did you get that information? 

They said (i thought) the 321 was going to have an in house performance calculator inside the EFB because wazpro doesnt have anything for the 321

Karl Brooker

No, we'll be looking at our own performance calculator in general, likely to come with the A321-X (like you say, nothing on wabpro), but we have not given a firm indication on an EFB in the future.

Jordan Collins
5 hours ago, Karl Brooker said:

No, we'll be looking at our own performance calculator in general, likely to come with the A321-X (like you say, nothing on wabpro), but we have not given a firm indication on an EFB in the future.

So the 321 will still have perf req via ATSU like the other birds do ? 

Stu Antonio

Interesting to see how AirLingus' tool on their EFB  works for T/O performance calculation (starting at minute 01:15):

Karl Brooker
15 hours ago, Jordan Collins said:

So the 321 will still have perf req via ATSU like the other birds do ? 

Yes it'll still be available via ATSU, it's just the underlying process that will change, although that will  be completely invisible to you - just request as normal :) 

Jordan Collins
4 hours ago, Karl Brooker said:

Yes it'll still be available via ATSU, it's just the underlying process that will change, although that will  be completely invisible to you - just request as normal :) 

Ah ok i understand, thanks buddy. 

• 7 months later...