Information on the next build...

Markos Papoutsidakis

Pietro Ferraro

Just to clarify: Hot Fix 1 by Lockheed Martin was the only one released after the 4.5 update. The Prepar3d build is  4.5.12.30293

• Like 1
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Koen Meier

• Andrew Wilson

• Stu Antonio

• Scott Wilson

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all -  Our testing teams are busy this evening putting some air under the wings of the next release. I thought I'd take this opportunity to explain some of the changes we've made since our las

@mattyshigh To be fair though there is no real argument or point. Why must people be the very first to jump to an update?   Nobody has forced any users to upgrade to a hotfix.  We work pretty muc

Hi all – A quick update on where we are: our teams have been busy testing with P3D v4.5.12 this week. We are still working some minor issues that we feel require addressing before releasing the u

Posted Images

Stu Antonio
8 minutes ago, Daniel Kittler said:

Please could you be so kind to clear if  the latest version of FsLabs Airbus 319/320 and the latest version of P3D are compatible or not ?

Currently not compatible.

Scott Wilson

After p3d 4.5 was released problems were found in areas of VR and performance, there were discussions on this megathread https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=133165

Rob said the performance would be fixed in a hotfix.

A week later a hotfix (some files) was issued as hotfix1 to fix the VR and some other issues and Rob said they were still working on the performance issues and it would be in a second hotfix although he couldnt say when.

A few days ago, the original hotfix post was removed from the forum and the first and second hotfix were included in a new complete download and a new post put up. So, if you didnt see that first hotfix it looks like there has been only one hotfix, but there has been 2.

Here is someone that was trying the old hotfix link https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=133639

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=133486

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=133639

Khoa Nguyen
2 minutes ago, Scott Wilson said:

After p3d 4.5 was released problems were found in areas of VR and performance, there were discussions on this megathread https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=133165

Rob said the performance would be fixed in a hotfix for the performance issues.

A week later a hotfix (some files) was issued as hotfix1 to fix the VR and some other issues and Rob said they were still working on the performance issues and it would be in a second hotfix although he couldnt say when.

A few days ago, the original hotfix post was removed from the forum and the first and second hotfix were included in a new complete download and a new post put up. So, if you didnt see that first hotfix it looks like there has been only one hotfix, but there has been 2.

Here is someone that was trying the old hotfix link https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=133639

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=133486

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=133639

You confuse people by saying there was a HF2 :D just say that the files are updated after the HF1 was out :p 

Scott Wilson

yes, again im sorry i did say that. There have been 2 hotfixes since 4.5 was released, even LM refer to this secocond hotfix as 4.5.12 but they call it hotfix 1. Maybe I should have noticed this I have already apologised .

Anyone else ?

• Confused 1
Julian Evans
5 minutes ago, Scott Wilson said:

yes, again im sorry i did say that. There have been 2 hotfixes since 4.5 was released, even LM refer to this secocond hotfix as 4.5.12 but they call it hotfix 1. Maybe I should have noticed this I have already apologised .

Anyone else ?

So only affects users with old CPU's correct ?  Going by those links

Norman Blackburn
33 minutes ago, Daniel Kittler said:

Please could you be so kind to clear if  the latest version of FsLabs Airbus 319/320 and the latest version of P3D are compatible or not ?

The very pricy Fs Labs is always  a source of complications, delays a.s.o. compared e. g. with the Aerosoft Airbus. Updating this plane is everything but straightforward thanks the screwed procedure by esellerate.

Hi Daniel,

I would have thought my post 24 hrs ago in this very thread was pretty clear as have Andrew‘s before that.  No, the version you and others have is not compatible.

In regards to your second post, I touched on that also.  Updating is super simple and straightforward.  Start the new installer.  Let it do its job.  A minute later its all done.  Esellerate have no part in the update.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Scott Wilson

yes, all hotfixes have now been rolled into what they call HF1. The large performance issue some of us had with 4.5 was way too much detail radius being loaded for the slider setting, this is now fixed along with VR and the older CPU instruction set issues. After a few flights I see huge improvement in this latest release.

Michael O'Halloran

Its only frustrating waiting for the update because the aircraft is so so good. I don't mind the waiting too much if its including fixes aswell as 4.5 compatibility.

Ramon De Valencia
4 hours ago, Chris Kreuzbichler said:

Patience is a virtue. If you can't wait for the update then downgrade to v4.4 and continue flying. I myself haven't updated for that sole reason: The bus is working fine with me on 4.4. 
And yes, it's THAT easy;)

Chris, I really miss my A319x so, Is it that easy to jump back to v4.4 from v4.5HF1?

Just uninstall the client v4.5HF1, delete add-ons, roaming, programdata and local folders, restart pc and install v4.4 Client? 

Scott Wilson
1 hour ago, Huy Khoa Nguyen said:

You confuse people by saying there was a HF2 :D just say that the files are updated after the HF1 was out :p 

This was the first hotfix LM put out on 11/4/2019 : It also refers to the next hotfix, which fixed the performance and many other issues. Not sure why they dont count the first as a hotfix as thats what it is. Sorry again for any confusion.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=133181

Stu Antonio
21 minutes ago, David Murden said:

Scott,

The first time you explained it, it all made sense. No idea why it keeps going on & on.

... and why this matters.... 

• Confused 1
Scott Wilson

what was the first one again ive forgotten :) Anway my findings around the current version are as follows (on my system 5960x with a 980ti)

+

Performance better than 4.4, textures sharper and locked FPS smooth

Faster loading by a little

Default night lighting very much improved. They have set some better defaults in the shader files to reduce tweaking at our end and light distance.

Day lighting much improved im running without PTA or TS correction at the moment (see shader mods below).

CTD's around newcastle now fixed (long running issue) in all flights since updating no CTDs at all and I got the odd one before every day or so.

When you load a scenario from the start menu and click ok, it goes back to the start menu which is handy if you want to update to the current date and time.

-

Still get 5 second long frame with UK2000 airports when they load.

Texture scripting bug still there (windshield effects can stop working between saves or if no rain at departure airport).

Shader enhancement tools have given me strange kaledesope effects radiating from the middle of the screen, i think we need to wait for PTA/TS/ENV etc to be updated. I restored back to stock shaders problem went away. Re-applied my TS profile, problem back.

David Murden
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Hi Stu,

Because people keep asking for an explanation when the first one he gave was clear. Well it was to me :) 

So hopefully we will not get 3 pages of Scott repeating himself to make people see the simple explanation to it.

• Like 1
Stu Antonio
11 minutes ago, David Murden said:

Hi Stu,

Because people keep asking for an explanation when the first one he gave was clear. Well it was to me :) 

So hopefully we will not get 3 pages of Scott repeating himself to make people see the simple explanation to it.

Hi David,

I was totally on your team here, I meant it as an addition to your statement. I just didn't quite get why it is importent in the first place if LM called it HF1 or HF2 or superhotfix oder whatever :)
All we have to do is get the lates available version in the LM download section as soon as the FSL update is out. :)

• Like 3
Ruben Romero

Im New to P3D4 and the FSlabs Airbuses if i would have known that the FSlabs 320 wasnt compatible with the latest P3D updates on day 1 and needs to be patched for them i would have waited to update. NOT flying this bus is killin me lol such a great product and probably the best ive purchased in my 20yrs of simming. Checking these forums daily in the mean time.

Bill McLauchlan
19 minutes ago, Ruben Romero said:

Im New to P3D4 and the FSlabs Airbuses if i would have known that the FSlabs 320 wasnt compatible with the latest P3D updates on day 1 and needs to be patched for them i would have waited to update. NOT flying this bus is killin me lol such a great product and probably the best ive purchased in my 20yrs of simming. Checking these forums daily in the mean time.

Roll back to P3d4.4 and it will work again until the FS Labs is updated.

Khoa Nguyen
2 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

cuz we have nothing else to talk in this topic while waiting for the update :D 

• Haha 1
António Abreu

Probably it is exacly because you spent a lot of money that you get the best A320 in the market which goes so deep into the simulator framework that any minor chnage in this one immediately triggers issues. Of course if you don't want a so immersive aircraft simulator you have free aircrafts that come with P3D for free or even other A320s that are indeed much cheaper. Your decision. On my side, I value every cent I spent and am eager to get the A321 and ... the one which can carry much more fuel, as they say. :)

Parker Freeman

A quick current release status update from the devs would be good software development project management technique and greatly appreciated by your customers.

Robert Sutherland
3 minutes ago, Parker Freeman said:

A quick current release status update from the devs would be good software development project management technique and greatly appreciated by your customers.

Go back a page and you'll see a response from Norman...

On 5/20/2019 at 10:55 AM, Norman Blackburn said:

@mattyshigh

To be fair though there is no real argument or point. Why must people be the very first to jump to an update?   Nobody has forced any users to upgrade to a hotfix.  We work pretty much completely outside of the SDK to get you things that others do not.  A new version, even the smallest, from LM will break things.  Sometimes in very spectacular fashion.

In the short time between 4.5 and it's hotfix we had already added additional new or refined features, all of which are coming at zero financial cost to the customer.  That's a whole lot of work no business should be expected to simply throw away just to allow instant gratification.

Work continues - literally 24/7 both in coding and testing.  To give some perspective, in the last 24 hours most of us testers have went through 3 new builds addressing a number of issues that have surfaced.  In much the same way we want to allow customers the chance to use the 320x with the hotfix soonest, we have to ensure its not met with countless "how could the testers not have seen xxx". 

So yes its on its way as soon as possible but not before its ready.   

Danny Krautwurst
I do not understand that, too. I also think that it should give information every 2 days. 
So you could adjust how long it takes and whether a rollback makes sense or not! 
With my luck I do that and then 12h later again... ;o) because its redy then.
I think it's important to test enough and good, but more info does not hurt i think.

Lars Schneider
7 minutes ago, Danny Krautwurst said:

I do not understand that, too. I also think that it should give information every 2 days. 
So you could adjust how long it takes and whether a rollback makes sense or not! 
With my luck I do that and then 12h later again... ;o) because its redy then.
I think it's important to test enough and good, but more info does not hurt i think.

Problem is that in beta testing you often have one or even more builds per day, as soon as a build proves to be release worthy, they will flick the switch. So you cant really tell 2 days ahead when its going to be released and if they provide any ETA and miss that prediction they are going to be roasted one minute after announced release time ;)

• Like 1
Stu Antonio

I just saw: Spotlights has been already updated for the hotfix last thursday? ... Will it work with the current A320/319?  

Koen Meier
9 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I just saw: Spotlights has been already updated for the hotfix last thursday? ... Will it work with the current A320/319?  

Yeah it is fine. I used it since it came out with the current version we can use as the public.

• Thanks 1
Danny Krautwurst

More builds per day sure but I always thought one has an overall view of how it works or not works.

Good Work needs time but also good planning and insight for the customers. My View ;o) !

Ill wait for good Work but hate it when i look every day in same thread for new Infos

Scott Wilson
8 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Hi David,

I was totally on your team here, I meant it as an addition to your statement. I just didn't quite get why it is importent in the first place if LM called it HF1 or HF2 or superhotfix oder whatever :)
All we have to do is get the lates available version in the LM download section as soon as the FSL update is out. :)

9 hours ago, David Murden said:

Hi Stu,

We will now remember this as Hotfix-gate

I have flown up to EGPB for a rest

hotfixgate.jpg

• Haha 1
Jeremy Grimaud
On 5/15/2019 at 7:53 PM, NilsUnger said:

Are you trying to fake an ACJ configuration? 

Sorry, I missed your message. And the answer is yes. ;)

• Like 1
Ramon De Valencia
23 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Uninstall client.  Install old one.  That simple.

You were mean Norman, glad I didn't follow your advise hehehehehehe.

Thanks guys for this beauty, now downloading and to fly!

Gerard Beekmans
25 minutes ago, Nick Pålsson said:

Do I have to uninstall the old version, or can I just run the new installer and then it will Update according?

Just run the new installer.

Klaus Schmitzer
38 minutes ago, Gerard Beekmans said:

Just run the new installer.

Came here to ask the same question... Is this a confirmed procedure? I always uninstall and reinstall, this was recommended on the first versions of the bus. 

Gerard Beekmans

Confirmed yes. See other posts today by developers saying the same.

Full uninstall can be done if you're having issues and just want to assure you're starting from a clean slate type of thing.

Klaus Schmitzer
10 minutes ago, Gerard Beekmans said:

Confirmed yes. See other posts today by developers saying the same.

Full uninstall can be done if you're having issues and just want to assure you're starting from a clean slate type of thing.

Awesome, thank you very much! 

Tõnis Aal

Thank you FSLabs team for this wonderful update - never have i seen before such smooth performance and high framerates! Beautiful! :)

2019-5-22_22-35-21-17.png

• Like 2
DanielBruehwiler
1 hour ago, Tõnis Aal said:

Thank you FSLabs team for this wonderful update - never have i seen before such smooth performance and high framerates! Beautiful! :)

@Tõnis Aal Are you on 4.5 or still on 4.4? I installed the Airbus update last night and I am still on 4.4 and for me the performance is worse than before. I am loosing around 5 FPS at least. I hope that upgrading to 4.5 will sort this out for me.

• 1 month later...