• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Koen Meier

• Andrew Wilson

• Stu Antonio

• Scott Wilson

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all -  Our testing teams are busy this evening putting some air under the wings of the next release. I thought I'd take this opportunity to explain some of the changes we've made since our las

@mattyshigh To be fair though there is no real argument or point. Why must people be the very first to jump to an update?   Nobody has forced any users to upgrade to a hotfix.  We work pretty muc

Hi all – A quick update on where we are: our teams have been busy testing with P3D v4.5.12 this week. We are still working some minor issues that we feel require addressing before releasing the u

Posted Images

Charles ROGER
On 5/13/2019 at 9:27 AM, Andrew Wilson said:

As always, we'll be giving our beta team the opportunity to test with P3D v4.5.12 before we release an update to our customers. 

Kian Andrews

With respect Luca, FSL have a large team of beta testers behind the scene. Many work either flying, fixing, alongside or within the real aircraft - so they're pretty clued up in how she works :D. What you have to remember is that stuff  you may not notice, but they will, may mean you have all sorts of other issues further down the line, which might well happen if they released it when you deemed necessary. With software so complex I think saying that because two streams have gone well (or however many there were) it doesn't mean the release is sound and stable, they do much more rigorous testing than that. In fact they have had issues that have arisen and have been fixed as mentioned in and around the forums.

Judging by your rant it sounds to me like you've lost your original passion for actually simming. If you are that outraged by updating things why not just fly on 4.4 or even 4.5 without the hotfix and wait until everything is compatible. Then update when you know you'll have a bit of time spare. You can sit back, have a takeaway, glass of vino (or whatever takes your fancy) and be thrilled to see the sight of the progress bars on installers make their way to 100% ready for a nice day of flying the next morning! :lol:

Anyway, in all seriousness FSL don't want to sit on this update, why would they? When they assess the build as suitable for release I'm sure we will get it. If X-Plane is such a marvelous platform then why come and complain to the devs here, about a flight sim that's not made by them, just saying. 

Enjoy your sim - don't let it stress you out!

• Like 8
Koen Meier

Not to forget this isn’t simply a compatibility update but it includes various fixes for problems that have been reported since they released their big update for v4. The only time they made a compatibility patch was because they knew that the anticipated update which is now released required more work plus even a new v4 version called v4.5.

Alex Pugh

32 minutes ago, Luca vom Bruch said:

but there should be a PUBLIC BETA channel with NO SUPPORT, NO CRYING just for people that want to fly again. NO WARRANTY MAY CONTAIN BUGS.

If you get frustrated this easily, you would absolutely hate beta testing, so I'm not sure why you would want to participate in a beta build...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Stu Antonio

To be fair, I imagine the P3D platform being a bit annoying for the FSL-team at times as well. Remember, they waited with the release of the big update until 4.5 came out, to avoid having to release two updates within a few weeks. Now I'm sure they were surprised/frustrated as we were when LM messed up and 4.5 came out with instantly in need of a hotfix. 

Besides, Luca, if you state/know that they have "never released a compatibility update fast", I don't understand why you don't just wait a couple of days until you update P3D? .... I'm on a perfectly running 4.4 right now, and I didn't have a single day without sweet time in the bus :) .... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
James Goggi
11 hours ago, Luca vom Bruch said:

but there should be a PUBLIC BETA channel

I know they will never do that, anyway no doubt that with a larger base of testers more bugs come out. Each time an update is released and tested by all the users, the question is "how could the beta testers NOT see this issue?"...

• Like 1
Askin Erdogandan

can we get some information about the system specs from the beta team what operating system with software w10 uptades gpu drivers etc they ve tested the the airbus update? that would be interesting to know

Norman Blackburn

Hi @Askin Erdogandan

When we post - and its very often, our specs are at the bottom of each and every one of our posts.  They cover a wide spectrum of hardware.

Askin Erdogandan

tnx for that... hoping a good fps max. 40 with the next update B) 

keep up the work  guys you ve made a tremedous job so far.

mattyshigh

I am not one to really worry about this kind of stuff and I really don't mind waiting for yet another "compatibility" build. As others have stated this is just a hobby and it is not the end of the world. However, there really are some patronizing comments posted in reply to these threads. 

The main point and argument is this: why did every other "premium" addon aircraft continue working just fine after both the point release and the hotfix?

I like others get a little sick of waiting around to use a very expensive aircraft on the latest point release of the flight simulator. 

Norman Blackburn

@mattyshigh

To be fair though there is no real argument or point. Why must people be the very first to jump to an update?   Nobody has forced any users to upgrade to a hotfix.  We work pretty much completely outside of the SDK to get you things that others do not.  A new version, even the smallest, from LM will break things.  Sometimes in very spectacular fashion.

In the short time between 4.5 and it's hotfix we had already added additional new or refined features, all of which are coming at zero financial cost to the customer.  That's a whole lot of work no business should be expected to simply throw away just to allow instant gratification.

Work continues - literally 24/7 both in coding and testing.  To give some perspective, in the last 24 hours most of us testers have went through 3 new builds addressing a number of issues that have surfaced.  In much the same way we want to allow customers the chance to use the 320x with the hotfix soonest, we have to ensure its not met with countless "how could the testers not have seen xxx". 

So yes its on its way as soon as possible but not before its ready.   

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
Ramon De Valencia
2 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

@mattyshigh

To be fair though there is no real argument or point. Why must people be the very first to jump to an update?   Nobody has forced any users to upgrade to a hotfix.  We work pretty much completely outside of the SDK to get you things that others do not.  A new version, even the smallest, from LM will break things.  Sometimes in very spectacular fashion.

In the short time between 4.5 and it's hotfix we had already added additional new or refined features, all of which are coming at zero financial cost to the customer.  That's a whole lot of work no business should be expected to simply throw away just to allow instant gratification.

Work continues - literally 24/7 both in coding and testing.  To give some perspective, in the last 24 hours most of us testers have went through 3 new builds addressing a number of issues that have surfaced.  In much the same way we want to allow customers the chance to use the 320x with the hotfix soonest, we have to ensure its not met with countless "how could the testers not have seen xxx". 

Thanks for the update Norman.

Just a quick question, with the previous updates (v4.4 and V4.5) the FSlabs patch was ready between 2-3 days. In this case it has taken longer, does it mean we will have really nice surprises like, let's say..A321X??? hehehehehe

Norman Blackburn
Just now, Ramon De Valencia said:

Thanks for the update Norman.

Just a quick question, with the previous updates (v4.4 and V4.5) the FSlabs patch was ready between 2-3 days. In this case it has taken longer, does it mean we will have really nice surprises like, let's say..A321X??? hehehehehe

Normally yes and we would have loved it to be just a couple days or even less.  The joys of software development.  Oh and sorry,  if you are expecting 321x as a surprise with the update that will cause a little dismay for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Ramon De Valencia
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Normally yes and we would have loved it to be just a couple days or even less.  The joys of software development.  Oh and sorry,  if you are expecting 321x as a surprise with the update that will cause a little dismay for you.

keep up the hard work guys!! thanks Norman and team.

Erik Schlijper
6 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

The pro's and con's of being a dev :P Keep up the good work! Looking forward to the update!

Scott Wilson
16 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

@mattyshigh

Thanks Norman quick question, the last update I did to my 738 was at p3d 4.3. It still worked on 4.4 and 4.5 and 4.5.HF1/2. Are LM just changing too much in the SDK that fslabs uses more of than xxDG.

Personally, I appreciate the due dilligence fslabs undertakes in managing the compatibility stack. It's time consuming, costly and FEW other fs vendors do this ..... but I was just nosey as to why p3d changes impact your aircraft sometimes more than others ...... complexity of simulation etc.

The support forums here also dont leave you with the feeling you've just been in a knife fight. It's good to see regular discussion of what you're upto.

In short, keep up the excellent work, i wish LM would do more to fix issues and communicate their changes better towards the larger add-on partner base re: compatability.

I spent the weekend with 4.5hf2, I updated to see if texture scripts and long frame issues had been fixed (no) and for the night lighting (better). Overall, performance seems a bit better and textures crisper on the same settings.

Have a good week, it sounds like a busy one.

Ramon De Valencia
11 minutes ago, Scott Wilson said:

Thanks Norman quick question, the last update I did to my 738 was at p3d 4.3. It still worked on 4.4 and 4.5 and 4.5.HF1/2. Are LM just changing too much in the SDK that fslabs uses more of than xxDG.

Personally, I appreciate the due dilligence fslabs undertakes in managing the compatibility stack. It's time consuming, costly and FEW other fs vendors do this ..... but I was just nosey as to why p3d changes impact your aircraft sometimes more than others ...... complexity of simulation etc.

The support forums here also dont leave you with the feeling you've just been in a knife fight. It's good to see regular discussion of what you're upto.

In short, keep up the excellent work, i wish LM would do more to fix issues and communicate their changes better towards the larger add-on partner base re: compatability.

I spent the weekend with 4.5hf2, I updated to see if texture scripts and long frame issues had been fixed (no) and for the night lighting (better). Overall, performance seems a bit better and textures crisper on the same settings.

Have a good week, it sounds like a busy one.

where is the HF2?

Scott Wilson

Hotfix 2, they have now included it and HF1 in the latest download from the LM site in a new all in one build for 4.5.

Scott Wilson

Yup, a 60 second job . remove old client say no to de-activate, install new .... enjoy

remember to clear our shaders and scenery cache directories i had some strange artifacts until i did this its good practice anyway

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

jodaaaaa, I missed that one.

only a client update will do it, right?

That would be sufficient.

@Scott Wilson no mention of it on the website of p3d yet.

Søren Dissing
7 minutes ago, Scott Wilson said:

Hotfix 2, they have now included it and HF1 in the latest download from the LM site in a new all in one build for 4.5.

Source, please?

There is NO mention of any HF2 at the Prepar3d site or their forum.

Scott Wilson

sorry they call it hotfix 1 but its actually 4.5 hotfix 2 as they brought out an initial fix of a few files you could download to fix some other issues. This is now the second hotfix they talked about but named HF1 just to make sure everyone was well confused.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6305&t=133626

• Like 1
Scott Wilson

well, sorry, i had only just noticed. I can point you at the multiple posts by rob where he talked about the second hotfix ..... I hadnt noticed they released it as hotfix 1 . this is not great from a software dev point of view. Luckilly none of this powers nuclear power stations.

i will punish myself by asking some questions on avsim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Bill McLauchlan

Still enjoying flying the FSLabs A319/A320 on Pd3 v4.4.   Patiently waiting and will not update P3D to v4.5 until FS Labs Team release their update, I cannot understand why anyone would jump straight in and Update P3D to 4.5 before the FS Labs update.

• Like 4
Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Bill McLauchlan said:

Still enjoying flying the FSLabs A319/A320 on Pd3 v4.4.   Patiently waiting and will not update P3D to v4.5 until FS Labs Team release their update, I cannot understand why anyone would jump straight in and Update P3D to 4.5 before the FS Labs update.

Well fslabs was released up to pre hotfix 1 of p3d v4.5. sadly users were experiencing fps drops of 20%. So Lockheed Martin made a hotfix to address those issues. Meanwhile fslabs started addressing various reports that came out after the big update that needed fixing. And along came the p3d hotfix. Which they included now as part of the update.

I think this is more or less what happened.

Just my opinion

Bill McLauchlan
24 minutes ago, koen meier said:

Well fslabs was released up to pre hotfix 1 of p3d v4.5. sadly users were experiencing fps drops of 20%. So Lockheed Martin made a hotfix to address those issues. Meanwhile fslabs started addressing various reports that came out after the big update that needed fixing. And along came the p3d hotfix. Which they included now as part of the update.

I think this is more or less what happened.

Just my opinion

Keon,

Strange thing is I did not experience an fps hit on the upgrade if anything I experienced an improvement.

Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, Bill McLauchlan said:

Keon,

Strange thing is I did not experience an fps hit on the upgrade if anything I experienced an improvement.

Yea, some people experienced an increase, some a decrease. I also had a slightly lower performance with 4.5, and LM indeed found an issue. I read somewhere that it might have something to do with orbx-stuff...

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Bill McLauchlan said:

Stu,

Even more, intrigued I have a lot of ORBX Scenery.

it also had to do with what you updated. a full reinstall is what i did and didn't notice it. some did client and content and those might have experienced it. and some who did client might not have experienced it.

James Goggi

By the way, installing P3D Hotfix 1 Content could have some positive effects on the 320 or no difference? I see the changelog entry "Removed light scaling from beacon effects": nothing to do with the airplane beacons? 

Robert Sutherland
1 hour ago, James Goggi said:

By the way, installing P3D Hotfix 1 Content could have some positive effects on the 320 or no difference? I see the changelog entry "Removed light scaling from beacon effects": nothing to do with the airplane beacons? 

It might have a positive effect because the general response from the community has been that there's been a slight increase in FPS. 

The light scaling for beacon effects applies to ground beacons, I believe. 

António Abreu

Hey,

guess I picked the wrong weekend to finally update from PO3DV4.3 to P3DV4.5. Hope they fix the Bus quickly.

Thank you

Frederic Nadot
On 5/18/2019 at 8:41 PM, ConstantinXIV said:

Like so much has changed!?! Other addons work straight away, but fslabs... always something... for all the money I've paid!

Do you prefer to spend money for Airsimmer or BBS?.. :rolleyes:

• Like 3
K. Serhan Onur

Come on Fslabs!

How does it difficult just a hotfix! One week passed and still, we are waiting for your update!? Come on...

Serhan

David Graham
12 hours ago, Scott Wilson said:

Hotfix 2? I'm on the LM beta team, we never had a HF2

• Like 5
Koen Meier
8 hours ago, K. Serhan Onur said:

Come on Fslabs!

How does it difficult just a hotfix! One week passed and still, we are waiting for your update!? Come on...

Serhan

It isn’t simply a hotfix but a actual update that fixes other things as well.

• Like 1
Chris Kreuzbichler
8 hours ago, K. Serhan Onur said:

Come on Fslabs!

Serhan

Patience is a virtue. If you can't wait for the update then downgrade to v4.4 and continue flying. I myself haven't updated for that sole reason: The bus is working fine with me on 4.4. 
And yes, it's THAT easy;)

• Like 1
Søren Dissing
19 hours ago, Scott Wilson said:

... I can point you at the multiple posts by rob where he talked about the second hotfix .....

Scott,

If you don't mind I'd like to see links to those posts? 

Robert Sutherland
9 hours ago, K. Serhan Onur said:

Come on Fslabs!

Serhan

This will definitely make FSLabs speed up the process of getting the update out. 

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1
Daniel Kittler

All these insider comments are confusing for me.

Please could you be so kind to clear if  the latest version of FsLabs Airbus 319/320 and the latest version of P3D are compatible or not ?

All my others airplanes are 100% OK . 

The very pricy Fs Labs is always  a source of complications, delays a.s.o. compared e. g. with the Aerosoft Airbus. Updating this plane is everything but straightforward thanks the screwed procedure by esellerate.

I wonder why?

regards

Daniel Kittler

• Haha 2