Markos Papoutsidakis

Information on the next build...

Markos Papoutsidakis

The infamous fix for p3d v4.5 with "fixed performance issues seen on some systems and configurations" has now been released.

https://prepar3d.com/news/2019/05/115307/

Do we know whether FsLabs A3xx is compatible?

• Like 2

koen meier
3 minutes ago, Markos Papoutsidakis said:

The infamous fix for p3d v4.5 has now been released.

Incompatible as always. As it is closely tied to the software version.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Andrew Wilson

As always, we'll be giving our beta team the opportunity to test with P3D v4.5.12 before we release an update to our customers. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

santanu nandy

I just installed p3d4.5 with hotfix that was released a few hours back. Now the latest version of a320x is giving outdated dll error messages and crashing p3d. Any suggestions?

Michael Fischer
26 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

As always, we'll be giving our beta team the opportunity to test with P3D v4.5.12 before we release an update to our customers. 

Good job guys, always the same people, blaming you for needin time to relaese the update, but if you release it without beta phase instand, the same people will blame you, for releasing a bad update if there are issues. So take you time and deliver such great work As Always

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

koen meier

Because it is incompatible with the hotfix that got released. Give fslabs the time to test their version with their beta team.

Hardik Ramnani

I'll be patient as usual :) amazing job you guys do as usual, just model the GPU pls Kappa

• Like 2

Christian Thomsen

Nice one guys. Keep up the fantastic work

Robert Sutherland

Revert back to the original 4.5 installation which is compatible or wait for FSLabs to release a compatibility update. 

Vsevolod
1 hour ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Hopefully this will include other fixes like broken cabin ready memo logic and FMS crashes on go around

• Like 1

Hardik Ramnani
14 minutes ago, Vsevolod said:

Hopefully this will include other fixes like broken cabin ready memo logic and FMS crashes on go around

And also the repeating door arm/disarm thing after the aircraft parks, plus the beacon light visibility on the engine and as well as aircraft loading 16 pax on turn around lol

• Like 2

Andrew Wilson

All of the above and lots more, yes.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

James Goggi
36 minutes ago, Hardik Ramnani said:

plus the beacon light visibility on the engine

According to the hotfix changelog:

"Scenery Fixes and Improvements:

Increased beacon light visibility distance."

Does this mean that, in order to have the beacon reflecting on the engine, we have to reinstall Scenery???? This would mean wasting then a lot of time reinstalling a lot of addons!!

Søren Dissing
2 minutes ago, James Goggi said:

According to the hotfix changelog:

"Scenery Fixes and Improvements:

Increased beacon light visibility distance."

Does this mean that, in order to have the beacon reflecting on the engine, we have to reinstall Scenery???? This would mean wasting then a lot of time reinstalling a lot of addons!!

James,

I'm sure this refers to the aerodrome beacons, typically placed on top of the control tower.

• Like 4

James Goggi

Ah, ok, thanks. I see that there is something also in Content:

Content Fixes and Improvements:
Removed light scaling from beacon effects.

and Content is easy to install… ;)

• Like 1

Darcy Coutts

So if I am going to try the 4.5 hotfix it is probably best to uninstall the buses and wait for them to be updated.

Thanks

Darcy

koen meier
Just now, Darcy Coutts said:

So if I am going to try the 4.5 hotfix it is probably best to uninstall the buses and wait for them to be updated.

Thanks

Darcy

you could try and disable the addon in the addon manager that should work too.

Gregory Bally

or just delete your P3D cfg file as I did... there only a few stuff to reconfigure in the P3d option window...

Nuno M Pinto

The parking brake status by default, although it is activated, it is set as "OFF" in the simulator. This means that any programs trying to read the parking brake status will erroneously read it as OFF when it's actually ON in the cockpit. Also, another weird issue is that the throttles need to be moved in order for the spoilers to remain armed. If i arm them before moving the throttle in order to begin taxi, they are disarmed once i move the throttles (only happens once).

Again, this version control thing is hyper annoying. PMDG, Aerosoft, Majestic.... everyone actually leaves this out. I spend most of the time with my Airbuses grounded because you take ages to update the aircraft after any P3D updates, then comes another P3D update after you finally release your update which, again, breaks the airplane. Annoying, please remove this, people should be responsible and read descriptions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Hardik Ramnani
3 minutes ago, Nuno M Pinto said:

The parking brake status by default, although it is activated, it is set as "OFF" in the simulator. This means that any programs trying to read the parking brake status will erroneously read it as OFF when it's actually ON in the cockpit. Also, another weird issue is that the throttles need to be moved in order for the spoilers to remain armed. If i arm them before moving the throttle in order to begin taxi, they are disarmed once i move the throttles (only happens once).

Again, this version control thing is hyper annoying. PMDG, Aerosoft, Majestic.... everyone actually leaves this out. I spend most of the time with my Airbuses grounded because you take ages to update the aircraft after any P3D updates, then comes another P3D update after you finally release your update which, again, breaks the airplane. Annoying, please remove this, people should be responsible and read descriptions.

Uhm, calm down mate, there is a reason why there is a huge difference b/w fslabs and other aircraft devs, fslabs is putting alot of work into making the product bug free and as immersive as possible..thus it does take time to get updates out since beta team does the testing. and btw I have not faced any of the bugs you've mentioned above jfyi

• Like 1

Nuno M Pinto

I'm not excited, i just don't use it while they spend their time testing whatever they have to test. This was simply a rant. If i DO want to run it, i can do it myself anyway.

• Like 1

Andrew Wilson

Hi all - 

Our testing teams are busy this evening putting some air under the wings of the next release. I thought I'd take this opportunity to explain some of the changes we've made since our last release a few weeks ago. 

Pushover Support

With kind assistance from Gerard Beekmans, the update will now support Pushover - which can be used to push any printouts from the FMGS to any number of devices that have the Pushover app installed. 

It's very easy to setup - simply register at (https://pushover.net) and then create an API token using the attached icon.

Download the pushover app for iPhone/iPad or Android.

Then in your Addons/FSLabs/PUSHOVER.ini, add the following details:

[Pushover]
user=<Your pushover user key>
token=<Your API Token key>
device=<A comma separated list of devices you want to push to>

Once you've added those details, load the A319-X/A320-X and navigate on the MCDU to DATA -> PRINTERS and select Pushover at the bottom. Anytime you print from the MCDU (or any auto-prints) will be pushed to the devices you specified. None of the scripts that Gerard kindly provided to our customers as an interim solution are required.

Icon file to use with Pushover:

logo.png

Printing

IMPORTANT - If you enabled 'Soft Print' in the printing options of your POS58 - turn this off.

You'll find new printing options under MCDU->DATA->PRINTERS. 

We've added more options that will allow users to customise the printing preferences, such as margins and font sizes.

Airframe Options

We have taken your feedback on-board from build 347 and re-engineered some of the airframe options infrastructure. To explain briefly, the airframe configurations are now only (and freshly) built once an airframe is installed; using either a specified configuration file linked to the airframe registration (that re-painters may include, if desired), or the configuration settings specified with an installed Airline Pack

The new infrastructure will allow customers to share airframe settings for airline fleets more easily. We will be updating our British Airways airline pack to support airframe data for the British Airways fleet, including A319, A320 (and soon, A321!). I anticipate our other airline packs will be updated in due course. 

Any subsequent changes made through the MCDU OPTIONS pages are now retained. 

The whole process is designed to be automated and with little intervention from the customer. But for those of you who wish to customise your airframes, please check the attached document for details on how you can now apply specific airframe settings. 

A320-X Aircraft Options.pdf

Lefteris will post the complete list of fixes that have gone into the next update with the release. 

A320-X Aircraft Options.pdf

• Like 13
  • Thanks 9

Alexander Eichinger

Hello there,

I've installed the latest version of the A320. (Running P3D V4.5)

When I install however, I receive an error of "missing config file name".

I can run P3D fine with any other plane/addon, but cannot use the FSL A320 as the sim would not load and only produce an error "Flight Sim Labs DLLs - Unsuported Prepar3D version" 

Any idea what's gone wrong?

koen meier

because fslabs doesn't support the new version of p3d. 

Alexander Eichinger
3 minutes ago, koen meier said:

because fslabs doesn't support the new version of p3d. 

Oh really? It does say so though here: 

koen meier

It isn’t compatible with the latest patch from Lockheed Martin. With new I was referring to the patch that came out today.

• Thanks 1

Alexander Eichinger
1 minute ago, koen meier said:

It isn’t compatible with the latest patch from Lockheed Martin. 

oh ... that ...  explains things. 

Thanks for the fast info! 

Matthew Ashman

Thanks for the amazing work (as always) guys :) 

• Like 1

koen meier

i like the new set up for the airframe options being linked to the registration. Will it built the registration.cfg based on what is also present in the fltsim.cfg regarding weights.

what I don’t like is to read “soon a321!” But that is my opinion.

Edited by koen meier

Alexandre Kubatko

Won't the [Options] and [Callouts] section be needed anymore in the fltsim.cfg of the livery ?

Or as Kian said will we need a registration.cfg for each aircraft regarding the weights ?

PS : Maybe an amendment to make to the pdf you linked. I see there is "empty_operating_weight" on page 9 while it's "basic_airframe_weight" on page 4.

Andrew Wilson
Will it built the registration.cfg based on what is also present in the fltsim.cfg regarding weights.

Hi Koen - no it won’t. If you read the Airframe Options document I attached, you’ll see that the config files (I.e G-EZEZ.cfg) can be used to generate the airframe options.

As I mentioned, the infrastructure has been designed to be automated and require no input from our customers unless they want to setup specific options for a specific airframe.

koen meier
15 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Hi Koen - no it won’t. If you read the Airframe Options document I attached, you’ll see that the config files (I.e G-EZEZ.cfg) can be used to generate the airframe options.

As I mentioned, the infrastructure has been designed to be automated and require no input from our customers unless they want to setup specific options for a specific airframe.

I probably might not understand it that well so I will see what it does once released.

Andrew Wilson
38 minutes ago, Alexandre Kubatko said:

Maybe an amendment to make to the pdf you linked. I see there is "empty_operating_weight" on page 9 while it's "basic_airframe_weight" on page 4.

Thanks Alex, just fixed that.

The basic idea is that the majority of customers will not be required to edit any files. 

Alexandre Kubatko
19 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Thanks Alex, just fixed that.

The basic idea is that the majority of customers will not be required to edit any files. 

Sorry to be picky (but I think exact words matter for the code to work) but now it's "basic_airframe_weight" on page 4 and "basic_operating_weight" on page 9.

Amendment is needed on the same line, page 9, example states "empty_operating_weight=40200".

• Thanks 1

Zdenek Cebis

Great to hear it and thanks to LM and here’s the log.

Prepar3D v4.5 Hotfix

Client Fixes and Improvements

Content Fixes and Improvements

Scenery Fixes and Improvements

SDK Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed performance issues seen on some systems and configurations.
    • Fixed issue where the interpolated wind direction value would be invalid in some cases.
    • Added configuration option to toggle UI hardware acceleration mode (UIHardwareAcceleration).
    • Fixed crash when re-enabling Virtual Reality (VR) while using the Oculus headset.
    • Fixed crash that could occur in some cases after a plugin removed its textures from the system.
    • Varjo eye tracking is now supported.
    • Improved performance when using the Varjo headset.
    • Fixed issue where CreateEffect callbacks would not be issued unless both xyz and pbh offsets were present.
    • CIGI ownship ID now set to 0 for versions prior to CIGI 4.0.
    • Fixed error with empty EntityAffiliation tags being written out in saved scenarios.
    • Fixed issue where sound volume could be incorrect when switching between interior and exterior views.
    • Fixed issue where PBR textures could be black in interior views when first entering a vehicle.
    • Fixed incorrect unit conversions for camera eyepoint altitude P variables.
    • Fixed missing PBR texture in F-16A.
    • Removed light scaling from beacon effects.
    • Increased beacon light visibility distance.
    • Fixed an issue where the PBRMaterial’s effectFile property would not be updated during load.
    • Fixed an issue where 3ds Max exports would throw material mismatch errors when P3DMaterial and PBRMaterial were being used in the same scene.
    • Fixed issue with drawing and loading Annotator vegetation polygons.
    • Fixed several minor errors in documentation.

Thanks again for your support

Julio Bolaños

Hi,

FSLABS A320 & A319 not working with this hot fix.

Thanks

Julio

error p3d fslabs mayo 2019.PNG

Julio Bolaños
11 hours ago, Markos Papoutsidakis said:

The infamous fix for p3d v4.5 with "fixed performance issues seen on some systems and configurations" has now been released.

https://prepar3d.com/news/2019/05/115307/

I cannot use both planes.

Something is wrong.

Mark Roberts
2 minutes ago, Julio Bolaños said:

I cannot use both planes.

Something is wrong.

The update from FSLABs hasnt been released so you cant fly it with the new hotfix yet.

• Like 2

Dan Moore

This should not be new to anyone every time P3D comes out with a new update. FSLabs has to test and release a new update which can take a few days. So if you fly the labs why do you bother to update P3D when you your going to have issues every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Julio Bolaños

Is not a rule to have issues every time.

We are trying to get more information.

Samyr Khan

This happens with every single P3D update. Don't worry it's nothing new

peter kelberg
1 hour ago, Julio Bolaños said:

Is not a rule to have issues every time.

We are trying to get more information.

happens   every  time  when there  is  a  update  to  p3d

• Like 5

Norman Blackburn

We are currently testing the hotfix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Norman Blackburn