A320X Undocked ISIS display would be nice

Vincent Twisker

Vincent Twisker

Hi folks,

For my homecockpit I can succesfully undock (from the VC) all PFD, ND and ECAM displays to drag and save them to the appropriate position on my monitors. It would be great if this became possible for the ISIS and DBI screens as well. Would it be possible to facilitate this in the next 320X update? Or is there already a way to do this?

Cheers!

Vincent

20190427_162238.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...
Vincent Twisker
1 hour ago, Joao Pereira said:

Hi Vincent,

How many displays totally do you have connected for this set-up?

Hey Joao,

2 USB3 displays cover the left hand and right hand PFD+ND. 1 display via VGA for the EWD+SD. 3 65" TVs cover my external view via HDMI/Display port. The display for EWD+SD is big enough to cover the ISIS and DBI positions.

I am using a 1080 graphics card.

Vincent

Joao Pereira
On 5/3/2020 at 6:49 PM, Vincent Twisker said:

Hey Joao,

2 USB3 displays cover the left hand and right hand PFD+ND. 1 display via VGA for the EWD+SD. 3 65" TVs cover my external view via HDMI/Display port. The display for EWD+SD is big enough to cover the ISIS and DBI positions.

I am using a 1080 graphics card.

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

I'm trying to re-config my set-up for the upcoming FsLabs MIP, I was already thinking about the expensive Matrox modules, but I was missing the possibility of USB3 display connections...

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers

Joao

Vincent Twisker
9 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi @Vincent Twisker

do you have details for your usb3 displays please?

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/24674-howto-connect-skalarki-fcu-and-mcdu-with-fslabs/&do=findComment&comment=188396

Hi Normal,

In this post I have given you the details with a link to the displays as requested. I actually have ordered two more "USB3 display link to HDMI/ VGA adapters" that I want to use for additional 5.6" displays. They will be used for my future homebuilt MCDUs.

Vincent Twisker
2 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

How dare you call him Normal! :)

Haha, I'm afraid that I've been grounded for too long now. I'm starting to lose my scanning cycle.

Btw...What exactly would you like to know regarding my PC performance?

TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

To be true, I like the idea. It would make cross-checking altitudes on PFD and ISIS-Altimeter pretty much easier.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk

• Like 1
Lefteris Kalamaras
On 5/6/2020 at 12:53 PM, Vincent Twisker said:

Haha, I'm afraid that I've been grounded for too long now. I'm starting to lose my scanning cycle.

Btw...What exactly would you like to know regarding my PC performance?

I wanted to see what FPS you're getting with all 6 DUs showing on your 3 monitors...

Anastasios Kalimeris

Geia sou Lefteri,

You asked Vincent, but here also my feedback. I am getting 20-30 FPS on 4 DU's in virtual cockpit, more than 30 in 2D view from the cockpit.

i9900k

rtx 2080 ti

Vincent Twisker
1 hour ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

I wanted to see what FPS you're getting with all 6 DUs showing on your 3 monitors...

I have just done a test taking off from GCRR (MKStudios) with AS4 on actual conditions. On the ground fluctuating 20-25 fps. In flight 25-35 fps.

To make this happen I'm using viewgroup (almost 180 degrees) on 3 TVs for external 2D cockpit view...so only outside view. They are 4k TVs running at 1080 each without any significant blurries. 6 undocked displays are showing on my 3 additional monitors, of which 2 are USB3 displays.

Considering the fact that this is running on only 1 PC with only 1 graphics card, I am quite happy with the result for my homecockpit. I really hope that undocked ISIS, DBI, clock and DCDUs will become available in the future.

At the moment I am waiting for 2 more displaylink USB3 adapters to arrive so I can experiment with 2 additional 5.6" screens intended for my future homebuilt MCDUs.

Running P3Dv4, I haven't installed the latest HF3 yet

Vincent Twisker
20 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

So - do either of you need the VC view? Perhaps the 2D view will help you as it performs a lot better?

I don't need the VC, my end goal is a homecockpit that only needs the outside view and all flightdeck displays to undock.

• Like 1
Joao Pereira
38 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

So - do either of you need the VC view? Perhaps the 2D view will help you as it performs a lot better?

Just adding my 2 cents to the conversation...: 

I have a complete Skalarki Set-up (Overhead + Glarepanels + MIP + Pedestal), I believe the right way of doing things is not to have VC at all...

Not only will we gain in which regards performance as you say, but also it doesn't make sense to have 2 MIPS in front of us (one physical and one virtual on the screens).

The thing that concerns me will be the right way to connect the MIP displays to the same computer where the outside view already is... Does the USB3 connection needs specific USB3 displays? Because Skalarki's displays are HDMI.

Anybody knows if a HDMI-USB3 adapter will work?

Joao

Mar:kus Czie:gler
47 minutes ago, Vincent Twisker said:

I don't need the VC, my end goal is a homecockpit that only needs the outside view and all flightdeck displays to undock.

So Vincent as Lefteris stated it would be enough to use the 2D Panels ONLY to gain some extra FPS...i have commented out the VC in the Panel.cfg completely in order to get at least 30FPS in all situations (with rather "normal" settings).

Greets,

Markus

Vincent Twisker
36 minutes ago, Mar:kus Czie:gler said:

So Vincent as Lefteris stated it would be enough to use the 2D Panels ONLY to gain some extra FPS...i have commented out the VC in the Panel.cfg completely in order to get at least 30FPS in all situations (with rather "normal" settings).

Greets,

Markus

Thanks Markus. I haven't touched the panel.cfg. But to the best of my knowledge I am using only the 2D cockpit to undock all displays. For external view I use "cockpit->cockpit". So I only see the external view but maybe the VC is still degrading the performance. Could you explain what exacty you have changed in the Panel.cfg? I would like to see if it helps.

However I would still like to be able to undock the various displays like ISIS from eg the main 2D panel, so I can drag and resize them to the correct position in my homecockpit setup and then close the main 2D panel again.

Anastasios Kalimeris
36 minutes ago, Mar:kus Czie:gler said:

Greets,

Markus

Hi Markus, that would also interesting for me. Could you brief us shortly how we can achieve this accordingly. That would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Anastasios Kalimeris
1 hour ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

I agree with Vincent. 2D panel would be sufficient for homecockpit with undockable panels like Isis, Clock and TBI, Dcdu. Thanks

• Like 2
Mar:kus Czie:gler
9 minutes ago, Vincent Twisker said:

Thanks Markus. I haven't touched the panel.cfg. But to the best of my knowledge I am using only the 2D cockpit to undock all displays. For external view I use "cockpit->cockpit". So I only see the external view but maybe the VC is still degrading the performance. Could you explain what exacty you have changed in the Panel.cfg? I would like to see if it helps.

However I would still like to be able to undock the various displays like ISIS from eg the main 2D panel, so I can drag and resize them to the correct position in my homecockpit setup and then close the main 2D panel again.

To hide the VC in each model go to the path (like in my case below for the CFM Family) and comment out the VC with // and save...

Looks like that:

[models]

//interior=vc_P3D_x64

normal=plane_P3D_x64

Path:

A319 CFM (C:\Users\Markus\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A319 CFM\Model)

A320 CFM (C:\Users\Markus\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\Model) 

A321 CFM C:\Users\Markus\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A321 CFM\Model

But PLEASE make a copy of the original file in advance!!!

Greets,

Markus

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...
Joao Pereira

I believe you have to edit the panel.cfg located here:

C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\Panel

Look for these lines:

//Window25=Popup DDRMI

//Window32=Popup ISIS

Remove the "//" and reload P3D.

Joao

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
El 4/27/2019 a las 9:16 AM, Vincent Twisker dijo:

Hola amigos,

Para mi cabina de casa, puedo desacoplar con éxito (del VC) todas las pantallas PFD, ND y ECAM para arrastrarlas y guardarlas en la posición adecuada en mis monitores. Sería genial si esto también fuera posible para las pantallas de ISIS y DBI. ¿Sería posible facilitar esto en la próxima actualización 320X? ¿O ya hay una manera de hacer esto?

¡Bien!

Vincent

20190427_162238.jpg

How did you manage to record the position of the screens and size
Vincent Twisker

Hi Jezus,

Google for a little program called PanelStore/PanelRestore. When you have set up all your undocked screens in the right place, you run the PanelStore.exe. The next time you start up your sim, you undock all the required screens and run the PanelRestore.exe...that's all.

Alternatively when you save a flight and reload it the next time you start the sim, it puts the screens at the last used position and size. If you then reposition the aircraft to another position/airport the undocked screens stay at correct position.

I hope this helps,

Vincent 

Vincent Twisker
On 4/2/2021 at 10:58 PM, Joao Pereira said:

you have to edit the panel.cfg located here:

C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\Panel

Look for these lines:

//Window25=Popup DDRMI

//Window32=Popup ISIS

Remove the "//" and reload P3D.

I followed your instructions but from the 3d or virtual cabin the isis and the drmi do not come out from the 2d if the isis comes out but I do not have how to visualize the drmi to get it out of the window I would appreciate your help

Vincent Twisker
19 hours ago, jesus velez said:

I followed your instructions but from the 3d or virtual cabin the isis and the drmi do not come out from the 2d if the isis comes out but I do not have how to visualize the drmi to get it out of the window I would appreciate your help

Hi Jesus,

Have you checked in the Vehicle/PanelManager menu if the DDRMI option is available? If it is not, then you may have to delete the "//" from another panel.cfg. if you own eg 319, 320, SL and 321, you may have to edit the panel.cfg for each version that you want to be able to undock the DDRMI for.

If this is not the case, then I can't help you any further and you need someone else to solve your issue.

Good luck,

Vincent