Is 4.5 scenery upgrade worth it?

Luke Hall

Hi everyone.

I've updated my Client and Objects to 4.5 and I'm wondering if upgrading my scenery to 4.5 is going to be worth the hours of reinstalling all of my scenery and add-on airports?

I use ORBX global and many regions - will I see much of an improvement for lighting etc? I'm really enjoying what 4.5 has brought to the rest of the sim, in conjunction with the brilliant A320 update :-)

• Like 1

Can't give a recommendation on this one, but I might recommend moving all your addons to the addon.xml method. (Lots on AVSIM about this) (Be sure to check out LorbiSi addon manager). Basically it will automatically add your sceneries to the sim when you reinstall it :)

• Like 1
Scott Wilson
32 minutes ago, markdoyle said:

Can't give a recommendation on this one, but I might recommend moving all your addons to the addon.xml method. (Lots on AVSIM about this) (Be sure to check out LorbiSi addon manager). Basically it will automatically add your sceneries to the sim when you reinstall it :)

Mark,

remind me just before I start this process over easter. There are 3 places to have scenery, the traditional scenery library that's static, the P3d add on directory, where each sub-dir has an addon xml (dynamic) and this third addon.xml that's also static. Can you point me at a thread on avsim you're talking about to ensure I get the best start. Just finishing a backup at the moment. Thanks !

Scott Wilson
53 minutes ago, Luke Hall said:

Hi everyone.

I've updated my Client and Objects to 4.5 and I'm wondering if upgrading my scenery to 4.5 is going to be worth the hours of reinstalling all of my scenery and add-on airports?

I use ORBX global and many regions - will I see much of an improvement for lighting etc? I'm really enjoying what 4.5 has brought to the rest of the sim, in conjunction with the brilliant A320 update :-)

I dont know, but when I went from 4.2 to 4.3 I did client, content and scenery ... what came next was a horror story of a few days trying to get it working. My memory was mostly of pain, not gain at the time so 4.3-4.4 i just did client. Marks point about getting all scenery in 1 place and lorby is the way to go, after a full backup.

Wanthuyr Filho
4 hours ago, Luke Hall said:

Hi everyone.

I always update the scenery module and NO, you don't need to install all your stuff again. Most probably only Orbx Global, Trees and Landclasses if you have them. As to Vector you only need to press the Apply button for each section.

Zdenek Cebis

See for yourself this is the only update in scenery for P3D V4.5 and you can make up your own mind.

Regards.

See here.

PREPAR3D SCENERY

Fixes and Improvements

Added more building scenery objects.

Added several SpeedTree variants.

Fixed visual errors in various tree models.