Registration and signin

Richard McDonald Woods

Richard McDonald Woods

Congratulations on establishing flightsimlabs. I hope that you can go from strength to strength.

However, my attempts at registration and initial signin have not been good. I have successfully used a 6-digit alphanumeric password to a host of forums for many years. Now you insist on at least a 7-digit password. Why? Could you reduce the requirement to 6 digits, please?

And what is the verification code for?

All the very best success!

Cheers, Richard

Hi Richard, and welcome.

I see you made your way in and got past the hurdles wink.gif

I don't know about the how and why of the registration process, I assume it was the 'default' coming with this software (which is new to me too). I am sure Lefteris can look into it when he returns tomorrow.

Thanks for persisting smile.gif

Francois

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi Richard!

Welcome to our forums! We hope you find some good information and share our wishes for excellence for the future while we strive to make your stay here more pleasant.

I will look into whether it's possible to reduce the number of required characters in the password field. Our team has been very diligently making all necessary changes to make this web site easy to navigate, and more changes are forthcoming after our first public appearance!

I will post here if I have more news on this topic!

Best regards,

A member over at BAV cannot seem to register here and is awaiting his email. If i PM his address and details to Francois, is there any chance it can be looked into?

Thanks

John Barnes

Flight School Training Captain

British Airways Virtual.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Yes, Francois will take care of these issues as they crop up (some free mail programs such as Yahoo sometimes bounce the registration message right back to us).

Lefteris Kalamaras
Posted By Richard McDonald Woods on 07/26/2008 8:57 AM
Congratulations on establishing flightsimlabs. I hope that you can go from strength to strength.

However, my attempts at registration and initial signin have not been good. I have successfully used a 6-digit alphanumeric password to a host of forums for many years. Now you insist on at least a 7-digit password. Why? Could you reduce the requirement to 6 digits, please?

And what is the verification code for?

All the very best success!
Cheers, Richard

Richard,

I've made changes to the registration process to allow for a 6-digit alphanumeric password. Together with that, I've changed the site to "remember" your login for 24 hours, so you won't have to reenter login/password unless you don't visit us for longer than that. What's more, it's a "rolling login", so if you login again before the 24 hours have passed, it will reset the cookie.

I am contemplating increasing the 24 hour window, but for now I remain on the conservative side, for security reasons...

Hope these changes help with an improved forum access experience!

Lefteris

When I registered the other day, the first time I did not receive my email to my home account, so I re-regitered with my hotmail account and it came through.? However there are now 2 Michael Pensons (god help us, if there were) registered on the forum.? Could you please delete the one that has no posts associated with it?

Also, there is no edit option in the forum area once you have submited a post.? I know that I am guilty many a time of not proof reading my post first, then notice it makes absolutlely no sense if someone were to read it.? Could you add the "edit" option to the forum?

Lefteris Kalamaras

Michael-

I took care of your duplicate account. Also, what you mentioned about editing your own posts made sense, so I turned that option ON as well. Can you see if that works for you?

Lefteris

Nope whatever you did, did not work.? All I have for options it Quote, Reply, Alert.

I also checked my profile area incase I now had to turn something on, but there was nothing in there to do so.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Michael-

that's right... it wasn't my fault, I tell you... it was that OTHER Edit checkbox that I needed to check... not THIS one, THAT one. Fixed now, I guess.

(Let's start a trend: Can we blame it on Francois??? tongue.gif)

Oh yeah... sure !!!

We have a agreement in our family... Francois is always the one to blame.. that way we at least do not have to argue on that..... ONE problem less.

Now, not entirely sure we want to extend that on a global scale...... tongue.gif

flyingfanatic333

Hi everyone!

I would like to wish you all the best of luck with your new product lines! I'm very excited to see what the Concorde X will be like, expecially since the FS9 version was so good!

And Mike, congrats on your promotion!

FlightSurgeon

Lefteris -

Congratulations on establishing this new contributor to the flightsim community.? Your support of the unqiue hardware available for our hobby is much needed and very welcome.

I also had trouble with the registration process.? Please remove DrGadget with the mindspring email address (user Robert Gordon) as it is a duplicate for me.??I never received an activation code for this registration so?I had to create a second registration (which obviously did work since I am heresmile.gif)

Thanks,

Rob Gordon

Is there any feed (rss) available for each subforum?

Would be great to keep track of new and updated topics on ConcordeX forum using a RSS reader.