Sign in to follow this  
Ifikratis Kamenidis

FS2Crew and SDK

Ifikratis Kamenidis

Hi all,

It is something already said before, but I would like to raise one more hand on this feature.

Now that Bryan at FS2Crew has developed a version for FSL, and having read the related discussion, I would like to ask if possible from FSL to see about releasing an SDK in the near future. The SDK would mean that there wouldn't be a need or 2D panels to appear and disappear during FS2Crew button presses and would make the product's operation more pleasant. 

I know FSL has many things under work and the team is always busy, but I wanted to make this topic to show my insterest as a customer for this to happen.

I believe I am not the only one who would be interested to see this happening. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

James Goggi

I agree 200%! The more the simulation is accurate and deep, the more a copilot is needed, because the workload is too high for one pilot to cope with!

Bryan York

Guys, please don't push them on this.

We can still do a lot with what's currently available.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Rick Pinto

Fully concur with you. The gimme-gimme brigade are never satisfied!

Can't manage to fly this plane on your own, then give up. Stick to a Cessna.

• Thanks 1

Ifikratis Kamenidis
1 hour ago, Rick Pinto said:

Fully concur with you. The gimme-gimme brigade are never satisfied!

@Rick Pinto your comment is rude and I ask you take it back. 

We have been flying FSL by our own so far, so keep your Cessna irony for you.  

FS2Crew adds another level of immersion and that is what is for. 

Bryan, I read your comment on avsim and I'm not particularly happy by 2D panels opening and closing when the FO pushes buttons. Opening big 2D panels like the overhead or pedestal obscuring our view is not the best.  I prefer the uncluttered and seamless button activation that an SDK would make possible. 

Letting FSL know that there is part of their customers who would like to see that happen,  I don't think is creating any problem

It's only a request.

Until then of course I would be more than happy with your current solution and will be a day one purchase from me.

• Like 6

Rick Pinto

Was it addressed to you? No, then keep out. And if you managed so far to date to fly the aircraft on your own, well done, and yes, FS2Crew undoubtedly will add to the immersion. But on the flip-side, say Bryan had never wanted to do this, would the A3xx be something you or anyone else could not manage to fly, on your own?

If FSL want Bryan to have an SDK, they will do so of their own free will, not because you come in here bleating because you want something, or somebody else jumps on your bandwagon!

John Barnes

Guys. 

Lets lower the tone a bit. No point in getting heated over this. Think before you post. Its a forum not a boxing ring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ifikratis Kamenidis
37 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

Guys. 

Lets lower the tone a bit. No point in getting heated over this. Think before you post. Its a forum not a boxing ring.

Agree, but I did not start boxing anyone, I expressed a wish to FSL, I think politely. These was not mine:

"gimme-gimme brigade", "Can't manage to fly this plane on your own, then give up. Stick to a Cessna", "somebody else jumps on your bandwagon!"

So @John Barnes its not 'Guys' but 'Guy'. 

John Barnes

No its a polite guys

Not sure why you want to continue especially with me. It was a comment on a forum. What else do you expect? So the final word is if anybody wishes to continue then i will do my job and lock the post.  Im not going to sit and apportion blame to individuals. I cannot be bothered.

Ifikratis Kamenidis

John, I did't want to continue with you, but when it is evident that someone started being rude and ironic to me, I would expect you to protect me instead of calling "both" to stop. I didn't attack anyone here, so the call to stop and think before posting should not go to both, but to the one responsible for messing up the topic. Isn't that fair? 

The purpose of this topic was to raise a hand of interest for providing an SDK. There is not much to talk about it as its a decision FSL will take or not, so you can lock this thread if you want to.

John Barnes

All i want is peace love n harmony ,,,,,,,,,,,oh and an A321. 

James Goggi

I have no idea, so I wonder how heavy and time consuming would issuing the SDK be...

Ryan Dunlop

Agreed we really need an SDK for this aircraft sooner rather than later - it’s such a complex machine and really should have one, c’mon fslabs.

Matthew Webb

Would love an SDK.  It would help a few hardware interface issues.

Cheers.

Marc Ehnle
9 hours ago, Rick Pinto said:

The A320 is a multi crew airplane while a Cessna, no matter if a 172 or a Citation, is certified for single pilot operation. 

For the goods of our home cockpit the big Airbuses and Boeings can be flown alone... But there is a reason FS2C exists. 

And I totally love that Bryan found a way to implement it into the FSL bus <3

anyway, there's a lot coming up in the near future, I'm sure. An SDK would certainly be nice but there's also an upcoming GFO and the system depth of the FSL MCDU (I'll reduce it to that before I make a fool of myself)  and so on is just perfect for a possible Tear 1 integration :wub: 

But... FSLabs is a small company with a lot of work to do.. Step 2 comes after step 1.. hopefully xD

After all these updates over the last week or two I'm in a party mood.. Let's dance fly!

• Like 5

Joshua Williams

Don't know what the uproar is for I manage flying the Bus by myself perfectly. Just requires some planning and memory items, its not that hard but I do welcome a virtual co-pilot but I'm happy either way.

• Like 2

Wanthuyr Filho

I in turn would love to have takeoff callouts, just One Hundred and Rotate would make it perfect, Positive Rate would be more than perfect.

• Like 1

James Goggi
11 hours ago, Joshua Williams said:

Don't know what the uproar is for I manage flying the Bus by myself perfectly. Just requires some planning and memory items

What about for example losing concentration (and track) on final in order to turn your head up and reach for the landing lights?... I think that the lack of a copilot is OUT OF DISCUSSION, otherwise it would be not needed in real life as well...

Søren Dissing
4 hours ago, James Goggi said:

What about for example losing concentration (and track) on final in order to turn your head up and reach for the landing lights?... I think that the lack of a copilot is OUT OF DISCUSSION, otherwise it would be not needed in real life as well...

I turn on my landing lights when passing 10.000 feet descending, so not really an issue on final... On a serious note, though, I have never understood the need for / fascination with products such as FS2CREW, but that’s just me.

• Like 1

Vimal Ana
18 minutes ago, Søren Dissing said:

I turn on my landing lights when passing 10.000 feet descending, so not really an issue on final... On a serious note, though, I have never understood the need for / fascination with products such as FS2CREW, but that’s just me.

Its about the immersion and to get close to reality :P I mean there is a reason why we prefer the fslabs over aerosoft. ( It being the level of depth). Same reason why people would want a virtual copilot. 

• Like 2

Joshua Williams
On 4/21/2019 at 6:17 AM, James Goggi said:

I'll rephrase. With the proper planning, you can fly the Airbus alone. We obviously don't do everything they do in the actual bus or else I would also be on the same boat as you. Don't get me wrong I will welcome it and buy it but I don't see why people have not just made the proper adjustments. The Bus is much more simplified than a Boeing or an MD88.

peter kelberg
13 hours ago, Joshua Williams said:

. The Bus is much more simplified than a Boeing or an MD88. 

in what way?

• Like 2

Joshua Williams

The Bus was designed to be simpler for pilots. The joke in the aviation community is that the computer flies the Bus and pilots fly Boeing. Beyond that the cockpit design is easier in Airbus than Boeing it flows easier. The MD88 however is an animal and a pain to get right but thats why we have checklists and SOP's

Sign in to follow this