A320-X / A319-X for P3D v4.2-4.5 - Update v2.0.2.347 now released.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Jeff Nielsen
33 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

OK - Im going by what mine did (and knowing that the requirement is for .12)

So we just uninstall the liveries and then run the installer?  No need to uninstall the aircraft itself first?  Thanks.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norman Blackburn

• Stu Antonio

• Liam Carbin

• Robin Locher

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you didn't but I going to give it to you anyway. You visited this forum everyday during the last 5 months complaining that didn't have your update. And now that you finally has it, you come 

If I may.... What Norman was saying is that this is a Forum, and without intending to patronise, that means that it is an open speaking space (derived from the Roman concept); If you posit an Ide

Please read our announcement here and comment below!

Posted Images

Norman Blackburn
12 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

So we just uninstall the liveries and then run the installer?  No need to uninstall the aircraft itself first?  Thanks.

Correct. The installer will look after that part for you.

• Like 1
Philippe Gleize
2 hours ago, Edward Spence said:

The closer I look, the more of the "minor" details I spot that have been added or changed.  Having to keep an eye on water+waste on a long day or multiple flights like we do IRL really adds to the immersion (How Andy came up with the CG changes for the waste tank is probably best left unanswered!)  Oh and single engine taxi only automatically keeping the thrust leaver of the shut down engine at idle is a nice touch too, as are the new TLA animations on the upper ecam.

The feel of the aircraft with the new flight dynamics is something else; .347 to me feels completely different to .266 (in a good way, try taking off at close to MTOW, then being half full on the next flight.  You'll really notice the difference)  The more you look, the more you appreciate just how much care and love has gone into this update and aircraft.  The first time Norman called me was amazing, makes it feel like the cabin crew are there in the back.  

I'm excited for what the future brings to the table, but for now I'm going to go back to finding what other gems have been hidden.  

Water and wastes tanks positions are well documented :D

Enjoy the AAFM, happy flights!

• Thanks 1
K_e_n_a_n__A_g_h_a_y_e_v

hi. first of all thanks for the update. I have quick question. According to the Introduction guide opening the gsx menu is not necessary anymore, but requesting any service by the corresponding trigger works only with gsx menu open. For example: ON GPU state, selecting INT/RAD to INT and nothing happens. Bringing GSX menu then selecting INT triggers deboarding.  Am I missing something? 

P3D 4.4

EDIT: the problem solved by resetting hotkey for gsx menu back to the default CTRL+SHIFT+F12

David Porrett

The downloads page finds my order OK, but when I click to download all I get is an 8kb zip file - is this to do with the servers still being loaded up? Never had it happen before now.

Peter Hastings
9 minutes ago, David Porrett said:

The downloads page finds my order OK, but when I click to download all I get is an 8kb zip file - is this to do with the servers still being loaded up? Never had it happen before now.

Both downloads worked for me a few minutes ago...

• Like 1
Alex Pugh
13 minutes ago, Chawki Filho said:

most of my A320 Liveries have the windows miss-aligned after updating. anyone else? 

Will I have to delete them and reinstall ?

Delete your current liveries and download the ones made specifically for version v2.0.2.300+

• Like 1
Julian Evans
9 minutes ago, Peter Wawoczny said:

can i also install the new A320 update on the P3DV4.4 or P3DV4.5 is required

Works on either version Peter.

• Like 1
Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

Thanks for the update fslabs.

The new atsu feature works great, and with all the beta streams we got to watch it was fairly easy to get used to.

The new flight model feels great, although it does make the 320 quite a bit more sensitive to stick inputs. I followed the settings recommended in the  documentation (using fsuipc) but there is no mention of the slopes settings we should use.

This weekend is going to be back to base training, with lots of manual flight and patterns to get the feel for the new flight model

Stu Antonio

I agree, my first flights with the new ATSU worked very well (I'm glad I watched those streams, they flattened my learning curve quite a bit), except for some minor issues with the performance calculations. But I'm very impressed and I love the fact that I now have to consider the time. 

I too find the new flight model to be more sensitive, I'm still testing new fsuipc joystick/slope settings....

But all in all an incredible update, thank you! 

Robin Locher

Tomato Shade, does not work for me. It does not matter if I am on V27 or V28, the Airplanes are still black. I downloaded the new profiles, and it does not work? Any solutions?

Eamonn Jawhary
13 hours ago, Errais abdeljalil said:

i get 5fps more on 4.5

I have the same FPS issues with 4.5. rolled back to 4.4 for now

Phillip Tengg

"Never touch a running system", it is said - so updating is always psychological pain for me :( . So, please can you confirm the order how to update with most change of having no problems :D

Currently, I am on Win10 (latest update), P3d v4.3 and FSL A320 2.0.1.266 - no additional software except ActiveSky and of course spotlights

1. remove old liveries
  2. update spotlights (just run installer)
  3. update FSL A320 (just run installer)
  4. uninstall P3d v4.3 Client
  5. run P3d v4.5 install Client
  6. add new 300+ livery

or should I update p3d before updating the FSL?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Robin Locher
2 hours ago, Eamonn Jawhary said:

I have the same FPS issues with 4.5. rolled back to 4.4 for now

Same problem here. I rolled back. About 10 FPS less in 4.5!! 

I will stay on 4.4

Zdenek Cebis

I like to congratulate FSL team for the lot of work they have done on this update and as i only own the FSX version i will definitely purchase the P3D V4 now.

Regards.

Stu Antonio

I also noticed a slight drop in smoothness. In other forums people suspect ORBX products or the autogen because they added more buildings. If you stay on the same settings your system might suddenly have to deal with more autogen than you think.... but i dont know for sure what the problem is...

0072AB57-0960-4BE8-8AA8-2FB113295837.png

Robin Locher
1 minute ago, Stu Antonio said:

I also noticed a slight drop in smoothness. In other forums people suspect ORBX products or the autogen because they added more buildings. If you stay on the same settings your system might suddenly have to deal with more autogen then you think.... but i dont know for sure what the problem is...

0072AB57-0960-4BE8-8AA8-2FB113295837.png

Yes, but i did not update the Scenery, only content and client and I have this problem. I do not know why.

Stu Antonio
6 minutes ago, Robin Locher said:

Yes, but i did not update the Scenery, only content and client and I have this problem. I do not know why.

Strange. I don‘t want to roll back to 4.4 tbh, I hope the reason will be found/fixed.... But that‘s a topic for another forum.... 

Zdenek Cebis

I have always made sure that i updated content,client and scenery just to make sure I’m not missing anything.

Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, Robin Locher said:

Does your Tomato Shade works? My Fslabs are black ?...

Yes, TS works. I use the VisualX profile from AviationLads and the latest Reflection-Profiles from Andrew. 

Zdenek Cebis

Guys i would recommend not to use any addons until you update and all working hundred percent and then use the add addons.

Lukas Leccese

Just wanted to say, after a year long PC hiatus, for me the performance is very satisfactory in 4.5, especially at night. I was pleasantly surprised yesterday. 

The Airbus flies even smoother now, alternate law and direct law feels more natural as well, pretty much how I remember it from Level D simulators. The ATSU features are brilliantly implemented and the whole product is completely stable on my end. 

Honestly, I‘m so happy with where the product is right now, it‘s just magnificent. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Markus Burkhard
6 hours ago, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

The new flight model feels great, although it does make the 320 quite a bit more sensitive to stick inputs. I followed the settings recommended in the  documentation (using fsuipc) but there is no mention of the slopes settings we should use.

Giving slope recommendations is of little use I'm afraid, as this is heavily dependant on hardware used. And since the flight models received a significant update, it might be that people need to adjust their settings for certain joystick models.

Basically for aileron, elevator and rudder axes use as little slope as possible (or none), unless you feel that the axis is too sensitive around the center, making it impossible for you to do small and precise inputs. In such a case you need to add some slope. 

• Like 1
Scott Wilson
11 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Hm.  Doesn‘t provide a solution though. I have the feeling right now half of the p3 community is trying to find the issue. 

thats me btw I just spent last night testing this. It feels like the top LOD slider is stuck on max ...... Ive just gone back to p3d 4.4 and everything is back to normal. Comparing the same scenario at my home airport in 4.4 I have 2.4 G of free video mem (out of 6), with 4.5, same scenario and settings, I have 1.5.

Flying around central Scotland with 4.5 is boggy at 16 FPS. Changing the top LOD detail radius to med, high or Ultra doesnt change anything in terms of FPS or mem footprint. Going back to 4.4 and that slider works again. ie if i set it to Ultra I get 16FPS, but 30FPS at high, unlike 4.5.

I just landed at Glasgow towards the east with 4.4 and now I dont get the long frame when edin reaches 40m away. I loaded up 4.5 again and did the same approach .... long frame just before landing at Glasgow.

4.5 is loading a radius of 40 instead of 25 of stuff on my system. Thats 15/25 = 60% more space and 40% more memory usage.

There's also something strange with spotlights playnig up in 4.5 that I didnt get to the bottom of.

hth - I thought a fix would be to drop the top slider down to med but, unlike 4.4, it doesnt seem to have an impact.

Stu Antonio
8 minutes ago, Scott Wilson said:

thats me btw I just spent last night testing this. It feels like the top LOD slider is stuck on max ...... Ive just gone back to p3d 4.4 and everything is back to normal. Comparing the same scenario at my home airport in 4.4 I have 2.4 G of free video mem (out of 6), with 4.5, same scenario and settings, I have 1.5.

Flying around central Scotland with 4.5 is boggy at 16 FPS. Changing the top LOD detail radius to med, high or Ultra doesnt change anything in terms of FPS or mem footprint. Going back to 4.4 and that slider works again. ie if i set it to Ultra I get 16FPS, but 30FPS at high, unlike 4.5.

I just landed at Glasgow towards the east with 4.4 and now I dont get the long frame when edin reaches 40m away. I loaded up 4.5 again and did the same approach .... long frame just before landing at Glasgow.

There's also something strange with spotlights playnig up in 4.5 that I didnt get to the bottom of.

hth

How do you roll back to 4.4? Just like updating, uninstall/install client + content?or can I keep the content and just switch the client? 

Scott Wilson
Just now, Stu Antonio said:

How do you roll back to 4.4? Just like updating, uninstall/install client + content?or can I keep the content and just switch the client? 

If using tomatoshade, remove the aircraft reflection profile and then use TS to restore default shaders

Uninstall 4.5 client from control panel / progs and say no to de-activate - clicky through until gone

Right click on on your older 4.4 client installer file and select install

fire up to make sure ok, quit out and re-apply any tomatoshade profiles

• Thanks 1
Stu Antonio

Ok just rolled back to 4.4, much smoother (no stutters) and overall better performance. I’m happy for now but it‘s actually pretty remarkable that the update makes it worse for some users.  

• Like 1
Scott Wilson

good glad to hear it, yes, i think something large changed with 4.5 in terms of its LOD management.

Luis Oswaldo Bethencourt

This is very interesting.

Checking hoppie's network you can see lots of progress messages, and lots of Telex messages sent back to "dispatch" with the flight summary (post-flight summary if you will). However, one thing that I surprises me is that I dont see a single message from dispatch, I dont see the to performance figures messages , which are supposed to come FROM Dispatch TO the plane. So , definitely, those are coming from somewhere else (let me guess.. David's page!) .

This message doesnt mean to either complain, or ask for assistance. I am simply pointing out how excited and interesting I find -TRYING TO- reverse engineering the logic the programmers followed in order to make possible this smooth and swift simulation that FSLABS put in our hands.

Hats off folks..

• Like 1
Koen Meier
5 minutes ago, Luis Oswaldo Bethencourt said:

This is very interesting.

Checking hoppie's network you can see lots of progress messages, and lots of Telex messages sent back to "dispatch" with the flight summary (post-flight summary if you will). However, one thing that I surprises me is that I dont see a single message from dispatch, I dont see the to performance figures messages , which are supposed to come FROM Dispatch TO the plane. So , definitely, those are coming from somewhere else (let me guess.. David's page!) .

This message doesnt mean to either complain, or ask for assistance. I am simply pointing out how excited and interesting I find -TRYING TO- reverse engineering the logic the programmers followed in order to make possible this smooth and swift simulation that FSLABS put in our hands.

Hats off folks..

Yeah the update has changed the daily traffic on hoppie. And yes performance requests go to David’s tool for now as they are making there own tool. Today from what I saw stations have never been below 80 or so. 

• Thanks 1
  • Andrew Wilson unpinned this topic