Thomas  Thompson

Upgrading A-320X to P3D v4

Thomas  Thompson

So, I was looking through on how to upgrade my addons to v4 as I am thinking about getting it. To see if I could upgrade my A-320, I checked the store, put in my order number, serial number, and e-mail and it then said lookup failed, contact support. Support says its down undergoing a renovation or maintenance or something, that could be it. But, I just wanted to check. I purchased my A-320X on July 19, 2017, well before the date specified on the upgrade page.

Hendrik Herryjanto

Is your A320X for FSX or P3Dv3? 

If you bought for P3Dv3 you could upgrade it to v4 for free. But if you have it for FSX you need to buy it again.

Thomas  Thompson
51 minutes ago, Hendrik Herryjanto said:

Is your A320X for FSX or P3Dv3? 

If you bought for P3Dv3 you could upgrade it to v4 for free. But if you have it for FSX you need to buy it again.

Yes, it's for P3D v3. It was also purchased before the cutoff date in Oct. 2017.

Hendrik Herryjanto

Then you can upgrade it for free. Just go to the main site and buy it. You then will be prompted an option to upgrade. Follow the instructions. 

Thomas  Thompson
1 hour ago, Hendrik Herryjanto said:

Just go to the main site and buy it. You then will be prompted an option to upgrade. Follow the instructions. 

I understand that. As I stated before, when I do that the site says, "Order Lookup Failed (1002). Contact FSLabs Support for assistance..." I've put my information in correctly as it appears in the email I got when I initially purchased the A320-X, and it won't let me upgrade/can't find my order for some reason.

Rafal Haczek
17 minutes ago, BudderBall said:

Contact FSLabs Support for assistance

Maybe just do it to save your time and frustration.

Lefteris Kalamaras

And best of all, could you abide by the forum rules and change your name to your real, full name please.

Julian Hotes

Sorry for bringing this old thread up again. I found it while searching how to upgrade my P3D V3 version to the current V4 version.

On 3/29/2019 at 3:41 PM, Hendrik Herryjanto said:

Then you can upgrade it for free. Just go to the main site and buy it. You then will be prompted an option to upgrade. Follow the instructions. 

However, I do not find any option to upgrade on your website when clicking on the purchase A320 X link. Any tips for me?

Kind regards

peter kelberg
5 hours ago, Julian Hotes said:

Sorry for bringing this old thread up again. I found it while searching how to upgrade my P3D V3 version to the current V4 version.

However, I do not find any option to upgrade on your website when clicking on the purchase A320 X link. Any tips for me?

Kind regards

there is  no longer  a  upgrade  for  it  no more,  you have  to purchase  it  now I believe,  sure  that  Norman  will  correct me  if iam  wrong

Norman Blackburn

As mentioned, the ability to upgrade was a temporary one to allow those who wished to move to P3Dv4 the opportunity to continue flying their favourite A320-X.  We kept it running for a lot longer than originally anticipated.  I believe the plan was originally a few weeks however was allowed to continue for over a year.  Finally when we were preparing to move to Fastspring we announced this would be discontinued.

These days the only option is a repurchase.

Liam Roberts

Hi all,

Sorry to add to this yet again. A house move required a large amount of time away from the sim and I was unable to do my planned upgrades (namely, get P3d and get the A320-X running on it).

So I currently have FSX and A320-X installed and I am able to use that fine.

I also purchased the abovementioned upgrade in May 2017 when this was an option with the intent of soon installing everything as planned.......3 years later and I'm finally ready!!

What are my options now? When I go to the redownload page, I get version 1.01.410 (03 Dec 2018). Which version of P3d will I need - v3 first and the v4? Straight into v4? (I just went and bought v5 but from what I'm now looking at, I believe this is not compatible so am about to ask for a refund...) 

Thanks for any help you can give!

Norman Blackburn

Hi Liam,

Welcome back! 

We had a free option running for ages from v3 to v4 however that stopped around a year ago.    Reading between the lines though you never purchased v4 from Prepar3d.com  

There is a glimmer of hope in amongst all this though.  Your v5 purchase is of course the latest version.  Like v4 its 64 bit and doesnt suffer the OOM errors so often found in FSX and v3.  More importantly though our A320-X will soon be available for it.

Liam Roberts

Hi, 

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated!! 

Yes that's right - I never got to purchasing any version of P3d until today (sadly!). Oh OK so that's useful to know - when will the update to v5 be available? It sounds like it may just make sense to wait for that of it's not long... 

And since I paid for the upgrade (actually thinking more carefully now, I think the upgrade path I purchased was from FSX to P3d while it was running) to P3d is there still a way to use that? 

Norman Blackburn

Hi Liam

The upgrade you made was FSX to P3D v3. 

The version for v5 is in the latter stages of testing.  I cant give a time period except to say its soon.

Liam Roberts

Hi Norman, 

OK thanks. And to make sure I follow the thread of events correctly, there was then a time limited free upgrade from v3 to v4 that is no longer available? 

Does it seem like the best thing would be just to wait until the A320-X is compatible with v5? And in that scenario, is it a new full price purchase of the A320-X for P3d v5? 

Thanks again the explanations - I appreciate your patience 

Norman Blackburn

Hi Liam

Yes that pretty much sums it up.  Since you dont have v4 then yes or you could sign up for a developer version of p3d v4 for 10 dollars to tide you over.

Liam Roberts

Hi Norman, 

Ah okay yes hadn't even thought of that! Thanks again for all the suggestions

Liam Roberts

Oh and just following that same thought through with getting a developers v4, would that mean I would also still need to buy full price A320 for P3d v4? Is there any use whatsoever for the FSX to P3d upgrade that I previously purchased (if not, I totally appreciate that's my own fault for the longer... Just checking my options and catching up on all I've missed in the meantime) 

Norman Blackburn

Yes, you would need a full price A320-X for v4 from us however the serial for that will work with v5 too.