Eamonn Jawhary

What Joystick and Throttle do you Guys use?

Leny Amarante
1 hour ago, Antonio King said:

Was thinking about buying the joystick tbh. Love my Saitek56 combo, but hear good things about the warthog joystick.

Yes I see a lot of flight simmer using it . I think I saw that guy from blackbox777 using one as well for the a320. 

Antonio King

Welp, I just went and impulsively bought it. Story of my life during this self-isolation - impulsive purchases. 

Leny Amarante
6 hours ago, Antonio King said:

Welp, I just went and impulsively bought it. Story of my life during this self-isolation - impulsive purchases. 

I'm receiving mines today. I'm very excited . I wish the the bus could be out this week for p3d V5 to test it out . But I can always test it in V4 or other aircraft in V5.

John Brosnan

I'm really hoping to get my hands on Virpil products. But they are always out of stock. Even when I get the email alert that stuff has been restocked as soon as I log in its all gone!!

Hai Zhu

VKB's SCG-L is the best consumer priced (around$400) LEFT HAND joystick I could found.  And it's X,Y axis can independently use different spring with different strength, just like the real bus (I can't remenber the data, but on LevelD sim, pitch is way heavier than roll, I use 30lb on pitch and 10lb on roll on my VKB that feels close) , way better and smoother than T16K I used before.

Stu Antonio

I tested the warthog a while ago and it almost seems I'm the only one who didn't like it.  

The thing is, I found it to hard to move around, it's very "stiff" around the neutral positions so it needs a lot of force to get going. I felt that for constant, smooth, small corrections during landing it's just too tight. The stick always "pulled" on my hand especially near the null zone and wants to get back to zero fast. There may be mods to get softer springs etc, but I was very surprised how heavy this thing was. I went for the T16000 oin the end, which feels a little cheap (and it is) but it's precise and has a looser feeling to it. If you compare it to the real sidestick movements in vids (I know you can't but anyway...), they are "moving over" the neutral position pretty smoothly. With the warthog it was always quite a battle for me. Equally spread resistance is okay, but with the warthhog it was so much stronger around the center, that I just didn't like it.

Precision and manufacturing was top notch though.

Christian Mohr

I can't complain about this one. ;)

574331347_AirbusExtreme3DPro.thumb.JPG.14b02044be1c142ec10c95f6ca3b96ae.JPG

Well, the Extreme 3D Pro feels a bit cheap as well. But it hasn't failed yet and I does what it's supposed to do.

benhewitt

Hotas, a wonderfully accurate joystick even after a few hours with some great resistance.

Stefan Busse

38529123lq.jpg

i like the VKB Gladiator. The options are huge and the price is very small :D and i build a super tiller out of the throttle on the stick. Two small springs bring the throttle lever always back in to a neutral position.

Leny Amarante

So far the warthog is working perfectly fine for me. I haven't tested it with the A320 , but with the default aircraft in p3d I was very impress. What I like the most is when pitching to any degree nose up or down it stays there. It holds any pitch angle you put it to. That's something I couldn't achieve with my past side stick. Still waiting to test this in V5 with FSLAB A320. 

Heinz Zimmerbauer

I use Saitec X-56 HOTAS Stick and Throttle. Works fine for me :)

Saitec.jpg

Leny Amarante
On 5/13/2020 at 4:15 PM, Stefan Busse said:

i like the VKB Gladiator. The options are huge and the price is very small :D and i build a super tiller out of the throttle on the stick. Two small springs bring the throttle lever always back in to a neutral position.

I always wanted to give the VKB Gladiator a try, but I couldn't find it any where here in the United States. My second choice was the warthog which by the way I am very impress with it. 

phil highton

my set up is Warthog Stick, X56 Throttle and logitech pro something pedals, buttons everywhere, suits my needs

ps: i didnt get on with warthog throttle its a good piece of kit, just didn't look or feel right to me for flying the bus B)

IMG_20200516_132520.jpg

Klaus Schmitzer

Trusty Warthog, Saitek paddles, 4 cougar MFDs and a few saitek panels + 1 FIP. 

It grew over time :)

20200515_201120.jpg

Eric Fisher
On 5/9/2020 at 6:15 PM, David Murden said:

Yes Eric you can go though FSUIP or just set up though P3D. I just use them though P3D.

David, what are people using to map all the buttons on the throttle and joystick, fsuipc? 

David Murden

Like I said, I just programmed through P3D, for what I need but a lot of buttons on throttle and stick are for chase plane, some love to do it all through FSUIP. What ever people’s personal taste really.

Eric Fisher

Thanks, I just found out the Thrustmaster Warthog does not have twist axis. That is very disappointing as i planned on using that as the tiller. 

Leny Amarante
1 hour ago, David Murden said:

Like I said, I just programmed through P3D, for what I need but a lot of buttons on throttle and stick are for chase plane, some love to do it all through FSUIP. What ever people’s personal taste really.

I don't know if its just me but my personal taste is to setup everything with in p3d . FSUIPC just for other complex setup . But for me P3D itself does a great job. It should because I can assume most 3rd party developer create their product base on p3d itself without the need of FSUIPC to be a main part of their product. Not everyone has FSUIPC full version and that is why 3rd party product can work amazing with just p3d itself for the control setup. That's why I choose p3d for my controls. I have several profil one for boeing and one for airbus with in p3d control profile . 

Antonio King

Just got my HOTAS joystick today and about to test it. It's heavy af. lol

Leny Amarante
3 hours ago, Antonio King said:

Just got my HOTAS joystick today and about to test it. It's heavy af. lol

It sure is but it doesn't feel like cheap plastic I can tell you that . I'm just waiting for the FSLAB Gods to release the A320 for V5. I know I can still use V4 but I won't go through installing everything again.

Antonio King
1 hour ago, Leny Amarante said:

It sure is but it doesn't feel like cheap plastic I can tell you that . I'm just waiting for the FSLAB Gods to release the A320 for V5. I know I can still use V4 but I won't go through installing everything again.

Makes sense! It takes some getting used. Raised my sensitivity settings to 100% for both ailerons and elevator to see what sort of effects that has.

David Murden
1 hour ago, Antonio King said:

Makes sense! It takes some getting used. Raised my sensitivity settings to 100% for both ailerons and elevator to see what sort of effects that has.

Wrong.

With a TM Warthog the setting are withing P3D.

Joystick

Ailerons axis [Sensitivity 95],  Null zone 17

Elevator axis [Sensitivity 110], Null zone 23

Ross Emanuel

Recommending VKB gunfighter plus warthog throttle.

Antonio King
1 hour ago, David Murden said:

Wrong.

Joystick

Lol, yes, I'm aware those are the recommended settings,  however, I'm testing things...as I said. ;)

Eric Fisher
4 hours ago, David Murden said:

Wrong.

Joystick

David, can you confirm, no twist axis on this throttle for use as a tiller control?

Stu Antonio

Little joystick poll...

• Like 2

Stu Antonio

let's have a poll: 

Edited by Norman Blackburn
Poll merged to thread.

Patrick Hildebrand

Can s.o Show his Settings and Calibration in P3D?

Artur Araripe

I use the T.16000m. The Z axis broke recently, therefore, no rudder anymore :( 

David Murden
6 hours ago, Eric Fisher said:

David, can you confirm, no twist axis on this throttle for use as a tiller control?

No twist on the throttle but tiller works well on the slider on the right hand side of the throttle. It’s an axis.

• Thanks 1

John Brosnan

1600M as of now but hopefully down the road VIRPILB) Their legacy desk mounts for stick and throttle are phenomenal. As soon as they stock their stuff its gone within minutes!

Hai Zhu

Hello officers, here is captain speaking :P

1381092556_U_WU53U(FMD)42NY4I9S83.thumb.png.4821c86e0dd58df006955a379a30cd10.png

While my right part is more...Boeingish, with CCD and a "landing gear lever" with neutral position

583430650_20SP1V4D2IEPGNDMOP_E2S.thumb.png.3e7039839068027a428b45398173e026.png

The MCP is also Boeing style, But I managed to map it on Airbus anyway...

2 small touch screen for EFIS and MCDU

1423338773_QCPLTVBGO80MYY6_H.thumb.png.d906072d2c64ff7a0e8b62d323b3763e.png

Hai Zhu

Just wonder, if there anyone who drive the bus with a yoke? ;)

Stu Antonio

Maybe one of those 6 „other“-Guys :) 

Norman Blackburn

I merged the poll with this thread.  I dont think the forum software liked it - sorry!

Stu Antonio

To summarize, the poll had about 100 votes with one third for the T16000M, one third the Warthog, the Extreme3Dpro coming in third and the rest pretty equally spread over the Saiteks, VKBs and others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1