20 Years of Flight Sim Development

Stu Antonio

Stu Antonio

Feelin' old yet? :D

As I turn 40 this month, I realized that I now have over 25 years of flightsimmin' on my record. Sometimes it's very exciting to take a look back and be mind-blown of the progress the flight simulator world has made. Realizing where we come from, what we had back then and what we have today I made a quick comparison screenshot. ......just amazing, what we've come to. isn't it? :)

20years.thumb.jpg.777d83d3081191da8354852b0fbbe8c0.jpg

• Like 18
David Reage

Just think how awesome we all thought that aircraft was in FS98 and how could anyone ever improve on it :D

It should would be cool to travel ten years into the future to see what P3Dv9 looks like, though it would likely be hard to come back to v4 after that!

• Like 1
Rafal Haczek

FS98? Things were already really advanced!
I would like to show you my first desktop simulator's aircraft in a screenshot, but I'm afraid it didn't have an external model. :P

By the way, happy birthday, Stu! I will also have a birthday this month.
Best things happen in March (hint for the team), don't they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, Rafal Haczek said:

FS98? Things were already really advanced!
I would like to show you my first desktop simulator's aircraft in a screenshot, but I'm afraid it didn't have an external model. :P

By the way, happy birthday, Stu! I will also have a birthday this month.
Best things happen in March (hint for the team), don't they?

I think my first flight sim was v3.0. :) Without any clue and knowledge, I didn‘t know what I was doing but I was hooked and slowly „worked“ my way up through the LevelD 767, the Wilco 737, the Flight1 ATR, CapatainSim 757, PSS A320, PMDG 737.... :) And every step was amazing. 

606B59F1-4C64-4049-B5E2-4BE10A835DA8.thumb.png.791355ef9e5b2f0cab043ca080576486.png

Happy Birthday to you too, Rafal! 

• Like 3

Lovely post! I am nearly the same age and have a comparable history with flight sims. Have been a happy hobbyist all the way. Wish both of you a happy birthday. :D

• Like 2
TH0R5T€N KlRCHH€lM

Stu ... I love your post ... It really made me smile for a while, yet also making thoughtfull for a while ... One of the good things of "being older" is that you have seen so much ... One saw some things coming and some things going ... but never the less life always went on ...

But one thing I wish you ... have a bright and happy and healthy new year in your life :-)

• Thanks 1
Frederic Nadot

Ha! Ha! Ha! Back to the past! I did my 1st takeoff with FS 4.0 and the passion was born. I suggest you to visit my fossil site since it has not be updated for a looooong time. I just keep it for "souvenirs" :D.

Click on the "My job" button and you will see what I did for the community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
2 minutes ago, Frederic Nadot said:

Ha! Ha! Ha! Back to the past! I did my 1st takeoff with FS 4.0 and the passion was born. I suggest you to visit my fossil site since it has not be updated for a looooong time. I just keep it for "souvenirs" :D.

Click on the "My job" button and you will see what I did for the community.

This animation has 16 frames and is about 416 Kb sized. Please, be patient while loading.

Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Frederic Nadot

:D When I have created the site, my connection was 56K...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1