HOLD Ppos

Max Harris

Max Harris

Does the MCDU have a facility to:

1. HOLD at present posistion (Ppos)?

2.Enter a fix?

On the real life spec MCDU that I'm familiar with you can enter a fix from F-Plan, LSK L1, this then gives you a FIX key at LSK R1 where you can enter a fix from the NAV data base and designate radials form this fix, that are displayed on the ND.

Regards,

Max

Romain Roux

Hi,

2. yes, except that on the version from FSLABS it is RADIAL FIX INFO on the LSK4 instead of FIX on LSK R1, the functionality is the same.

as for the 1. I have not tried yet.

Aidan le Gras

Normally, you would press F-PLN, then LSK 1L and the option to HOLD would appear and then PPOS hold becomes an option in 1L. 

It is a very handy option IRL should something go awry. You’ll also have the option to make it L or R. A minor trap with it though is that should you be in heading it will no automatically default to NAV and take up the hold, you’ll have to push NAV on the FCU yourself. 

• Like 1
Alexandre K

@Aidan le Gras @Max Harris I have to say I never tried to hold at ppos.

Can you confirm the version you're familiar with shows, if you have selected an ILS approach for runway 22 let's say, "ILS 22" at the top of the ND ? The FSLabs shows "ILS APP" so far because we are on an older software version, they will update it along the apparition of sharklets if I'm correct, so they might introduce the feature you're referring to if it's not already there :)

Max Harris

The FMGC I'm familiar with is FMS2 Thales Release 1A S7A.

I think the ND has ILS APP shown at the top (if your doing an ILS approach). This FMGC standard is on the A321 'Sharklet' I've been operating. I'm very 'new' on this type having just done a CCQ from the A330 and that has a different standard of FMGC.

I'm flying on Wednesday so I'll have a look and try and take a couple of phots. Be an RNAV into HRG and an ILS (probably) back home.

Within FSLabs though, RADIAL FIX INFO on LSK L4 doesn't function for me. Clicking LSK L4, nothing happens at all. Could be me though not understanding how that function works?

Within FSLabs, it seems if you go DIR TO, you can hold at the newly created T-P, which in effect is Ppos.

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Max Harris said:

The FMGC I'm familiar with is FMS2 Thales Release 1A S7A.

I think the ND has ILS APP shown at the top (if your doing an ILS approach). This FMGC standard is on the A321 'Sharklet' I've been operating. I'm very 'new' on this type having just done a CCQ from the A330 and that has a different standard of FMGC.

I'm flying on Wednesday so I'll have a look and try and take a couple of phots. Be an RNAV into HRG and an ILS (probably) back home.

Within FSLabs though, RADIAL FIX INFO on LSK L4 doesn't function for me. Clicking LSK L4, nothing happens at all. Could be me though not understanding how that function works?

Within FSLabs, it seems if you go DIR TO, you can hold at the newly created T-P, which in effect is Ppos.

in the mcdu options the second page under AMI what revision is active.

Alexandre K

Yep so far we have S4 with few S7 features (fix being one of them). Other features will be implemented later on.
As Koen said, you have to activate the S7 revision in the options and then you'll be able to use the fix info page.

Max Harris

MCDU Options - on pg 2 of 3 I have LSK R3 - FMGC

If I select this if have listed down the left hand side

DB SELECTOR

OFF

PAUSE AT T/D

OFF

FPLN REQ WHEN ENG ON

OFF

MAX ROUTES

ARPT RWY LIMIT (M)

Nothing about AMI or revisions. I'm on MS Flight Sim X - SE

Any further guidance appreciated.

Alexandre K

I'm unsure if you have the option or not in FSX, Koen and I are on v4.

The normal path is : OPTIONS > right arrow (to go on page 2/3) > AMI > Select S7

Max Harris

Thanks chaps. Don't think I have that option. Not really a problem but knowing these features aren't actually available to me reduces my frustration in trying to find them, if that makes any sense to you LOL.

Aidan le Gras
On 3/3/2019 at 9:54 AM, Alexandre Kubatko said:

@Aidan le Gras @Max Harris I have to say I never tried to hold at ppos.

Can you confirm the version you're familiar with shows, if you have selected an ILS approach for runway 22 let's say, "ILS 22" at the top of the ND ? The FSLabs shows "ILS APP" so far because we are on an older software version, they will update it along the apparition of sharklets if I'm correct, so they might introduce the feature you're referring to if it's not already there :)

I believe we use the Honeywell FMCC standards with version H2CI12 and H2CI15. 

Alexandre K

Roger.
I tried to hold at PPOS earlier, it seems the option is not yet implemented @Max Harris

Although, you should know that it has been announced that the FSX version will stop being developped at some point.

• 1 year later...
Wanthuyr Filho

Using currently the latest version as of today, in P3D v4.5, and can't make it hold at PPOS. Tried all suggested procedures found elsewhere and none seemed to work.

Markus Hahndorff

I have taken the liberty to add this issue to the missing features Thread

Regards,
Markus

• Thanks 1