David Murden

Walkthrough / Guide including AOC/ATSU flows for A319-A321 **UPDATED 7th Jan 2020**

David Murden

EDIT: UPDATED 07th Jan 2020

Updated to version 2, not a lot of  changers but needed updating to the new GSX ops plus other small changers.

Enjoy!

EDIT: UPDATED 04th July 2019

With countless flights and the new v400 build I have made a new version with many changers please use the link below.

This version is designed to work along with v400. I will hopefully update it again when new versions are released.

I hope it can help people get started with all the complexities of this wonderful aircraft. Or like myself remind me of all the steps.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(This is NOT to be used with FS2Crew)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Enjoy!

Hi,

After watching all of Flyboys (Johnny) and BB streams (thanks guys) I updated my Crib/walkthrough sheet. So as far as I can tell this is what they both use as there flow of work with the new ATSU

So anyway I thought it might help? It's just what I use on my iPad so after going through all the changes I thought I might as well share it. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 24
  • Haha 1

Scott Wilson

thanks from a chilly egpf. the new aoc/atsu functionality and integration with GSX looks very cool. great streams i need to finish them later.

NilsUnger

Very nice! Will definitely help with the new features. I haven't had the time to look the streams in length. Thanks David. 

• Thanks 1

A_ndré_F_olkers
5 hours ago, David Murden said:

Hi,

After watching all of Flyboys (Johnny) and BB streams (thanks guys) I updated my Crib sheet. So as far as I can tell this is what they both use as there flow of work with the new update coming.

So anyway I thought it might help? It's just what I use on my iPad so after going through all the changes I thought I might as well share it. 

Am sure it will change once we all get the update in our hands. Am hoping it will get me out the blocks fast or should that be of the chocks?

It's no SOP but based around some of them. Anyway just indented it to help.

A 320 SOP 2019 fsl.pdf 775.48 kB · 98 downloads

Great work David thanks for sharing for our favourite bird :-)

• Thanks 1

John Brosnan

Thanks !! I did one flight so far just to get familiar with it. I got to point A and B but my flows were lets just say amateur at best!:lol: this will help indeed!

• Thanks 1

Darren Howie

From a real world perspective you can get your performance figures request going while you are loading the rest of the ATSU.

You already know an approximate take off weight so have a few options.

Just use that estimate...be aware if you pick up some weight from extra passengers you MUST get new perf figures as your actual take off weight is greater than the weight you have figures for. Note some airlines build a buffer in meaning you could go unrevised with a final weight up to 1000Kg over your planned weight. BA i believe do this but its quite inefficient.

Add between 200-500Kg to your estimate and get performance figure. If you do this you may choose if your final loadsheet weight comes in below to simply go with those figures saving time in not having to wait for revised figures to come in.

Or wait for all boarding to finish plus baggage, wait for your final loadsheet and then send off a perf request.

Perf figure planning and input is quite flexible just make sure you are lighter than your figures you used(unless your BA)..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

David Murden

Big update now here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Bob Zolto

Great job and quite useful.  Is there a more condensed version, i.e. less space between items, so that it is less than 20 pages?  

Never mind.

Edited by Bob Zolto
Answered
  • Thanks 1

Zdenek Cebis

Hot dogB)thanks David.

Regards.

• Thanks 1

Artur Araripe

Thank you! That's gonna help me a lot ;) 

• Thanks 1

David Murden

Your Welcome guys and thanks for the kind words.

phil highton

great work david

• Thanks 1

David Murden
27 minutes ago, craiggear said:

What is LS? 

a320_panel.jpg

craiggear
3 minutes ago, David Murden said:

a320_panel.jpg

Ah ok the ILS markers. Thanks! 

phil highton

Landing systems I think 

• Like 1

David Murden

Updated to bring inline with GSX updates and small changers.

• Like 4

Scott Stephens

Thanks David,

One thing - I think it should be Toggle INT not Toddle... 

Scott

David Murden
1 hour ago, Scott Stephens said:

Thanks David,

One thing - I think it should be Toggle INT not Toddle... 

Scott

Thank you Scott, changed it and just uploaded a new version with Toggle :unsure:

Randy Reade

Also, Sidestick Deflection, vice Defection. :D

Nice work!

Randy

• Sad 1

David Murden
22 hours ago, Randy Reade said:

Also, Sidestick Deflection, vice Defection. :D

Nice work!

Randy

Thank you Randy. Just upload with the correct spelling.:wacko:

Rene Bramigk

Hi David!
I downloaded your file once. I have one question. You write that you use the program PRO-ATC. How can I use the PRO-ATC program with FSLabs? I mean with which aircraft types does it work?

Thanks a lot
Greeting benne 

David Murden

It works with any aircraft but its designed to be used with IFR jetliners. I would not want to fly with out it.

Rene Bramigk

:) Thanks, I meant with the choice of the airplane if one starts the PRO-ATC then.

Sorry

David Murden

Sorry I don’t know what you mean.

Rene Bramigk

736305718_AircraftPRO-ATC.jpg.a18f279d7dcdc50b21fa64bb5134defb.jpg

After the start of the selected flight the aircraft selection comes. There are no FSLabs there. With Airbus from Aerosoft it does not work. The frequencies are not automatically set on the radio.
With Aerosoft aircrafts it works for example automatically with the setting of the frequencies.

David Murden

You just un-tick the boxes, your flight plan should come from PFPX or simbref. All you do is bring up ProATC flight info and change to the frequency in there, after that it changes automatically.

Rene Bramigk

:D Thank you David. Let's try it this way.

Javier Vicencio

What is "start... virtual"? 

virtualavionics app?

on APU AVALABLE…………….………………...APU BLEED ON
I think it should be AVAILABLE

peter kelberg

start  your  sim  with other  apps   asp4  etc

David Murden
7 hours ago, Javier Vicencio said:

What is "start... virtual"? 

virtualavionics app?

Virtual...as in Virtual airline, like BAVirtual,  Ryanair Virtual, vueling virtual or even projectfly.

Rene Bramigk

Hi David!

Sorry to contact you again with my problems with PRO ATC and FSLabs.
I upload a pdf file here.
Please have a look at it and tell me what the problem is. I can't manage the cooperation with PRO ATC.

Thanks Rene

Problem PRO ATC-FSLABS.pdf

David Murden

Why are you loading the aircraft and then reloading the GPU state, also when starting PROATC the first thing you should hear is ASP4 giving you a weather report and the tune frq of 122.00 should be the tuned one. Anyway.....

Can we please not turn this topic into a PROATC support topic, please post in the General forum, I am sure more people will see your problem there and help out. It really has nothing to do with my walkthrough. Apart from I use PROATC.

Thank you. 

peter kelberg
8 hours ago, Rene Bramigk said:

Hi David!

Sorry to contact you again with my problems with PRO ATC and FSLabs.
I upload a pdf file here.
Please have a look at it and tell me what the problem is. I can't manage the cooperation with PRO ATC.

Thanks Rene

Problem PRO ATC-FSLABS.pdf 771.53 kB · 5 downloads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcKQL_ePgM

you need to set  in your  fsuipc  the  radio  swap   switch as  described  in the  link  above  

Rene Bramigk

Hello, David and Peter,

thank you for your help and patience. 
Peter, the hint with the YouTube movie was gold right.
It worked.

Thank you so much for your help and patience.
Rene:D

peter kelberg
10 minutes ago, Rene Bramigk said:

Hello, David and Peter,

thank you for your help and patience. 
Peter, the hint with the YouTube movie was gold right.
It worked.

Thank you so much for your help and patience.
Rene:D

glad it  worked  out   good

• Like 1

Rene Bramigk

Peter, I wish you good luck fighting the fire in Australia and hope it is over soon.

Greetings from Germany

peter kelberg

yep thx  so  do  the  rest of  us  in oz

• Like 1

Alaa Riad

Thank you very much David very informative CL, I have a question,  is switching off PACKS before TO mandatory? or is it an option?  If an option how do I know?

• Thanks 1

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Alaa Riad said:

Thank you very much David very informative CL, I have a question,  is switching off PACKS before TO mandatory? or is it an option?  If an option how do I know?

It is an option. Turning them off allows the engines to provide extra power that is otherwise lost to the packs. On the overhead where the apu bleed is located on either side in the middle are the packs.

Alaa Riad
26 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

It is an option. Turning them off allows the engines to provide extra power that is otherwise lost to the packs. On the overhead where the apu bleed is located on either side in the middle are the packs.

Hi Koen, I meant how do I know "as a pilot" when to turn them off or leave them on? is there a chart or indication for that?