Xavi Calafell

Update A3xx 64Bit

Norman Blackburn
3 minutes ago, phil highton said:

does he not have the right to appeal?

Don't give him ideas... I'm sure when we all see the products of his hard work all will be forgiven.

Koen Meier
8 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

He is more than well.  To you and I its a dungeon, to some others it is a palace.

A dungeon is often part of a castle which in return is often called a palace when a royal lives there.

phil highton

its called a cellar in our house ! then again our house is not a palace, no wonder he lives in a palace at £139 a go for this thing lol :D:D

• Haha 1

Andrew Wilson

Another Friday evening preview (where did that week go!?).

The first - preparing for departure back to Gatwick out of Munich as EZY13AQ. The airport was fully staffed on VATSIM and offering clearance via datalink, which our aircraft now handle in the new ATSU (Air Traffic Service Unit). Having requested the pre-departure clearance (PDC) via a separate request page, Munich replied with the departure clearance. This is how a lot of departure clearances are delivered to the aircraft these days. Our simulation will now allow customers to follow real world PDC/DCL procedures and we'll be sharing more details on how these can be used.

The second is a shot taken on climb out of Arlanda, Stockholm this week - they've had snow showers all week; and here you can see after breaking through the cloud that the icing indicator, center post and windscreen wiper are iced up. These areas are key points of interest to pilots on the A320 series - as they suggest airframe icing is present and that counter-measures are required (wing anti-ice and engine anti-ice). Given that airframe icing is simulated authentically on the A320-X series - these are not just 'visual effects' to be ignored!

The third shot is one of a repaint by John Tavendale on our new A320-X model. Fantastic work as always John!

Enjoy your weekend guys. Stay warm!

IMG_425.jpg

IMG_421.jpg

IMG_426.jpg

• Like 36
  • Thanks 10

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

The iced up indicator is pretty impressive.

Is the ice build up actually modelled in 3D ? it surely looks like it

Off to get a beer now to make time go by faster and the release closer.

Jordan Collins

Can we see a loadsheet and t/o data via the mcdu ?

• Like 1

James Goggi
54 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Another Friday evening preview (where did that week go!?).

The first - preparing for departure back to Gatwick out of Munich as EZY13AQ. The airport was fully staffed on VATSIM and offering clearance via datalink, which our aircraft now handle in the new ATSU (Air Traffic Service Unit). Having requested the pre-departure clearance (PDC) via a separate request page, Munich replied with the departure clearance. This is how a lot of departure clearances are delivered to the aircraft these days. Our simulation will now allow customers to follow real world PDC/DCL procedures and we'll be sharing more details on how these can be used.

Andrew, what if I don't use an online ATC but for example PRO-ATC X?

Koen Meier

@Andrew Wilson as always the quality of the post is of the roof. I really like the atsu features. But my patience is getting better.

Stu Antonio
34 minutes ago, Jordan Collins said:

Can we see a loadsheet and t/o data via the mcdu ?

+1

• Like 1

C....
28 minutes ago, James Goggi said:

The ATSU requires a human response for PDC and is built to take advantage of an an existing free CPDLC and DATA protocol.

Norman Blackburn
44 minutes ago, James Goggi said:

Get yourself an account  :D

• Like 3

Chris Kreuzbichler

So that DLC is only available when flying on VATSIM?

Koen Meier
9 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Get yourself an account  :D

And what if you don’t like flying online? 

Norman Blackburn
8 minutes ago, koen meier said:

Unless developers of pro atc etc come up with a clearance interaction then its the same as you would be doing now.

Julian Vögt

That icing probe looks so cool!! :D Is ice melting and accumulating modeled visually? Thats crazy! :wub:

Luis Ehrt

is that also possible with ivao?

Norman Blackburn
7 minutes ago, Luis Ehrt said:

is that also possible with ivao?

Yes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Jack Finn

Nice, looking like the update won't be too much longer until it comes out :P 

Paolobasta

Hi Andrew like the shots i hope there will be no more Friday treats as the update will come out soon,

good luck and hope fore the best.

Regards Paolo.

John Tavendale

Awesome! This addon just keeps getting better and better!

• Like 4

Klaus Schmitzer

Hope for a soon release... plus a soon release of the new VATSIM features. Perfect match.

• Like 1

Stu Antonio
1 hour ago, John Tavendale said:

Awesome! This addon just keeps getting better and better!

And the weeks just keep getting longer and longer :D :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jordan Collins

PLEASE can we see what the loadsheet looks like and the T/O data via ACARS? 

Charles ROGER

I AM SO EXCITED, I've been impatiently waiting for the new ATSU features since the announcement of the update! I am so thankful to the developer and beta teams for their hard work. (And please, we need to see the load sheet and the T/O data, really !! =) )

Now I have a quick question to the developers, especially @Andrew Wilson (if he is out of your dungeon for five minutes). What is basically the time required to create the new features for the update (just the coding and integration to the build) versus the time spent tracking bugs (not on the windshield ;)) and fixing problems on the new version with the beta team? I don't now if you can answer that in terms of days, but it's very interesting to keep in mind the incredible work that you are doing and what's the process of creating an update.

Danny Moore

I’ll be excited when it’s released, LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

NilsUnger

@John Tavendale

what do you think of the "new" model?

@Andrew Wilson

would it be possible to give the model to other painters, too? I would happily start adopting my paints to the new model. 

Harry Westbury

I have been out of the flightsim scene now for about 6 months after selling my PC. Maybe I will have to build myself a new gaming PC and get back into it again, after all I have really missed flying in the sim. I think it is now a great time to get back into it. Most excited for the A321 so will have to see what that brings to the table :)

Hopefully not too long now!

Thanks for the great work you are doing!

Regards,

Harry

• Thanks 1

David Norfolk

Will all these features be included on the a319 at the sametime? 

Koen Meier
10 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Will all these features be included on the a319 at the sametime? 

It is an update to both a319 and a320.

• Like 1

David Norfolk

Ow @Norman Blackburn i forgot to add, i see the print button lit up. doe's this mean we can now use the printer?:wub:

Markus Burkhard
On 2/1/2019 at 8:09 PM, koen meier said:

Just to extend a bit on what Norman has said:

Getting a departure clearance via CPDLC can't possibly work without someone on the other end actually issuing that clearance. So if you don't fly online, who's going to issue this clearance then? This would either be the ATC add-on delivering it via an interface, or Lockheed Martin building CPDLC into their own ATC module which we then could tap into. Unfortunately the ATC part away from online flying networks has been overlooked for more than a decade. There's simply nothing out there for ATC that is kind of current with actual RW tech, and is using current P3D technology and is in active development. Even Lockheed Martin pays no attention whatsoever to their ATC module, selling their software as a training product with ATC functionality not resembling RW operations at all.

So if you want realistic ATC using datalink functionality, VATSIM or IVAO is the only way to go  right now. There's nothing we can do about this.

However, there's going to be PLENTY of additional datalink stuff you will be able to use without the need of flying with online ATC, so stay tuned! :)

• Like 12

Koen Meier
8 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

Just to extend a bit on what Norman has said:

Getting a departure clearance via CPDLC can't possibly work without someone on the other end actually issuing that clearance. So if you don't fly online, who's going to issue this clearance then? This would either be the ATC add-on delivering it via an interface, or Lockheed Martin building CPDLC into their own ATC module which we then could tap into. Unfortunately the ATC part away from online flying networks has been overlooked for more than a decade. There's simply nothing out there for ATC that is kind of current with actual RW tech, and is using current P3D technology and is in active development. Even Lockheed Martin pays no attention whatsoever to their ATC module, selling their software as a training product with ATC functionality not resembling RW operations at all.

So if you want realistic ATC using datalink functionality, VATSIM or IVAO is the only way to go  right now. There's nothing we can do about this.

However, there's going to be PLENTY of additional datalink stuff you will be able to use without the need of flying with online ATC, so stay tuned! :)

Thnx for the clarification.

Timm Rehberg

"just a small update" and its so exciting stuff!

Awesome! While a big dev is doing its own CPDLC stuff (which will never be used on a big base by ATC), you're just using the existing one. Smart...lets say its smart :D
I love it! Keep testing.. speed up! We ..or lets say I cant wait! :P

• Like 1

Nuno M Pinto

New model... will this require repainting stuff or older paints are still compatible?

Koen Meier
7 minutes ago, Nuno M Pinto said:

New model... will this require repainting stuff or older paints are still compatible?

Repaints are being updated. So older liveries are incompatible with the update. 

Nuno M Pinto

Thank you. Asking because i am the painter of my VA's models, so... more work soon :P

Andre Frisch

Does CPDLC also work with Pilotedge? that would be huge!

Mike Ionas

@AndreNr22 Please change your display name to your real one as per the forum rules: 

Markus Burkhard
3 hours ago, Andre Frisch said:

Does CPDLC also work with Pilotedge? that would be huge!

What ACARS clients/modules do they use for their CPDLC stuff?

Jordan Collins
26 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

Do they use Hoppie ACARS clients/modules for their CPDLC stuff?

can we please see a pic of the loadsheet/ T/O data via the ACARS? 

Andrew Wilson
can we please see a pic of the loadsheet/ T/O data via the ACARS? 

Next preview, sure!
  • Like 3