Jump to content
Xavi Calafell

Update A3xx 64Bit

Recommended Posts

Jordan Collins

Can we get Flex and v speeds from ATSU ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Tim Mitchell

@Chris Kreuzbichler

The telex function is part of the hoppie network which is standalone from VATSIM, IVAO etc.... So you can either go to the hoppie website to get a code as users do now, or the hope is that it will be part of the installer but thats yet TBC. None the less when the update is released, you'll be able to get the functions from the video.

So it will be IVAO/VATSIM indendent.

I'd recommend looking at the hoppy nbetwork log to see which stations are online who are using it - http://www.hoppie.nl/acars/system/log.html

For those controllers who arn't; we've been extensivly tesing it with the TopySky pkugin for euroscope. This link (for controllers) is probably their best bet at getting to grips with the CPDLC function - http://forum.vatsim-scandinavia.org/topic/2277-plugin-updates/

No doubt any of us testers will be asking if your CPDLC capable.......

 

 

21 minutes ago, Jordan Collins said:

Can we get Flex and v speeds from ATSU ? 

Yes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Jordan Collins
3 minutes ago, Tim Mitchell said:

@Chris Kreuzbichler

The telex function is part of the hoppie network which is standalone from VATSIM, IVAO etc.... So you can either go to the hoppie website to get a code as users do now, or the hope is that it will be part of the installer but thats yet TBC. None the less when the update is released, you'll be able to get the functions from the video.

So it will be IVAO/VATSIM indendent.

I'd recommend looking at the hoppy nbetwork log to see which stations are online who are using it. For those who arn't; we've been extensivly tesing it with the TopySky pkugin for euroscope - http://www.hoppie.nl/acars/system/log.html

This link (for controllers) is probably their best bet at getting to grips with the CPDLC function - http://forum.vatsim-scandinavia.org/topic/2277-plugin-updates/

 

 

Yes

Really!!! Even for 319 cfm??

Share this post


Link to post
Philipp Schwaegerl

This video kills me!! Guys, amazing!!:D

Can't wait to fly online with this amazing A320 now!!

Share this post


Link to post
Tim Mitchell
10 minutes ago, Jordan Collins said:

Really!!! Even for 319 cfm??

Why would we do things 'half assesed?' The enhanced functionality regarding AOC/CPDLC/PDC will be available for the A319 and A320

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Andrew Wilson
Really!!! Even for 319 cfm??

Hi Jordan - no, at the moment we are applying some basic corrections to the WabPro calculation. Our intention is to do our own - a huge task and one that will likely fall into the A321 program.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Stu Antonio

will the printer be able to print to PDF? 

Share this post


Link to post
craiggear

Receipt printers are like $300! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Raffaele Fia$ella

Zebra printer

Share this post


Link to post
Karl Brooker
4 minutes ago, craiggear said:

Receipt printers are like $300! lol

Knock a zero off that and you're closer to the mark ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Malcolm Rouse

Looking forward to a Blackbox711 presentation once the NDA is lifted . 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Andrew Wilson
Receipt printers are like $300! lol

 

The printer in the video is this one (about £20) -

 

USB Thermal Receipt Printer 58mm...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077NYW24M

 

You can print any message in the ATSU to any printer (or PDF). You can also setup the ATSU to auto-print different types of messages (Weather, ATIS, Loadsheet, Performance, Company Messages and TELEX). It works great with our ATIS ARRIVAL AUTO UPDATE function in the ATSU, which subscribes to an ATIS station on Vatsim/IVAO and will send the aircraft a new company message when the ATIS station updates. This can be configured to go straight to your printer. A very nice feature indeed!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
koen meier
Just now, Malcolm Rouse said:

Looking forward to a Blackbox711 presentation once the NDA is lifted . 

and flyboy29021992 as well both have great quality from different perspectives.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Richard Partridge

Great  to see the wind uplink in action! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
James Goggi
1 hour ago, Andrew Wilson said:

 a lot of work is being undertaken to finalise the last remaining details.

How long do you think it could take, approximately? A week? A month? Please, don't tell me you can't figure it out, because I won't believe you… There is a planning activity in any company: if I was a planner and said "this is planned to happen in… I don't know, may be one month or may be one year" I would be immediately fired, expecially in an airline!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Malcolm Rouse

Great update , looking forward to all the new features ,thanks guys for all your incredible detail and work .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Lefteris Kalamaras
Just now, James Goggi said:

How long do you think it could take, approximately? A week? A month? Please, don't tell me you can't figure it out, because I won't believe you… There is a planning activity in any company: if I was a planner and said "this is planned to happen in… I don't know, may be one month or may be one year" I would be immediately fired, expecially in an airline!

James-

I think you need to stop complaining. It is not productive and I would appreciate it if you did.

Thanks.

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
James Goggi
2 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

James-

I think you need to stop complaining. It is not productive and I would appreciate it if you did.

Thanks.

I am not complaining… I just need to plan my life...

Share this post


Link to post
Dean Johnston
4 minutes ago, James Goggi said:

I am not complaining… I just need to plan my life...

Best not to plan life around Flight Sim ,I think there are more important things in life to plan in reality  . :)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
George Peppard
26 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

You can print any message in the ATSU to any printer (or PDF). You can also setup the ATSU to auto-print different types of messages (Weather, ATIS, Loadsheet, Performance, Company Messages and TELEX). It works great with our ATIS ARRIVAL AUTO UPDATE function in the ATSU, which subscribes to an ATIS station on Vatsim/IVAO and will send the aircraft a new company message when the ATIS station updates. This can be configured to go straight to your printer. A very nice feature indeed!

I want one :o

Share this post


Link to post
craiggear
29 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

 

The printer in the video is this one (about £20) -

 

USB Thermal Receipt Printer 58mm...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077NYW24M

 

You can print any message in the ATSU to any printer (or PDF). You can also setup the ATSU to auto-print different types of messages (Weather, ATIS, Loadsheet, Performance, Company Messages and TELEX). It works great with our ATIS ARRIVAL AUTO UPDATE function in the ATSU, which subscribes to an ATIS station on Vatsim/IVAO and will send the aircraft a new company message when the ATIS station updates. This can be configured to go straight to your printer. A very nice feature indeed!

That's awesome. Cool $20 spent! 

Share this post


Link to post
Stu Antonio
36 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

 

The printer in the video is this one (about £20) -

 

USB Thermal Receipt Printer 58mm...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077NYW24M

 

You can print any message in the ATSU to any printer (or PDF). You can also setup the ATSU to auto-print different types of messages (Weather, ATIS, Loadsheet, Performance, Company Messages and TELEX). It works great with our ATIS ARRIVAL AUTO UPDATE function in the ATSU, which subscribes to an ATIS station on Vatsim/IVAO and will send the aircraft a new company message when the ATIS station updates. This can be configured to go straight to your printer. A very nice feature indeed!

you guys should buy a couple of thousand to get a special deal and the just ship them to every one of us who bought the complete A3xx family as a "special loyality giveaway" :D:D:D

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Jose Ignacio Rodriguez
2 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

you guys should buy a couple of thousand to get a special deal and the just ship them to every one of us who will bought the complete A3xx family as a "special loyality giveaway" :D:D:D

;)

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Jordan Collins
57 minutes ago, Tim Mitchell said:

Why would we do things 'half assesed?' The enhanced functionality regarding AOC/CPDLC/PDC will be available for the A319 and A320

Excuse me? 

56 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:


Hi Jordan - no, at the moment we are applying some basic corrections to the WabPro calculation. Our intention is to do our own - a huge task and one that will likely fall into the A321 program.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Mathias Mueller

Are the Safeaero deicers yours or are they from GSX? 

Share this post


Link to post
Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

gsx

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mathias Mueller

Will they deice the fuselage and tail, too? Or only the wings like the existing GSX deicers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Alexander_Halbritter

the snow on the fuselage looks awesome. Is it the same as in the a319 now or did it get reworked? 

Share this post


Link to post
Karl Brooker
7 minutes ago, Alexander_Halbritter said:

the snow on the fuselage looks awesome. Is it the same as in the a319 now or did it get reworked? 

Updates for both

Share this post


Link to post
koen meier
13 minutes ago, Mathias Mueller said:

Will they deice the fuselage and tail, too? Or only the wings like the existing GSX deicers? 

Only the wings. 

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk

Can you print out via the on board printer itself like the real one or isit only done via pdf or a real printer?

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Andrew Wilson said:

 

The printer in the video is this one (about £20) -

 

USB Thermal Receipt Printer 58mm...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077NYW24M

 

You can print any message in the ATSU to any printer (or PDF). You can also setup the ATSU to auto-print different types of messages (Weather, ATIS, Loadsheet, Performance, Company Messages and TELEX). It works great with our ATIS ARRIVAL AUTO UPDATE function in the ATSU, which subscribes to an ATIS station on Vatsim/IVAO and will send the aircraft a new company message when the ATIS station updates. This can be configured to go straight to your printer. A very nice feature indeed!

Will you be able to do a tutorial on how to link them up and get them working with the airbus?

Share this post


Link to post
Philipp Schwaegerl

Do I see this right, we can call the GSX deicing trucks via the MCDU from the A320?

Share this post


Link to post
James Gao

@Tim Mitchell @Norman Blackburn

Oh no...

Tim and Norman again?

They're probably gonna "brake" this build again!:)

Share this post


Link to post
James Gao
42 minutes ago, Jose Ignacio Rodriguez said:

+1

yep, I agree!

Share this post


Link to post
koen meier
2 minutes ago, Philipp Schwaegerl said:

Do I see this right, we can call the GSX deicing trucks via the MCDU from the A320?

The procedure is the same as with the a319 i Would imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
James Gao
46 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

you guys should buy a couple of thousand to get a special deal and the just ship them to every one of us who bought the complete A3xx family as a "special loyality giveaway" :D:D:D

;)

yep, I agree!

Share this post


Link to post
David Murden

I never thought I would end up buying a printer just for an aircraft update, the wife’s going to be well impressed ^^

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Paolobasta

Well done FSL team, great short clip, i had goosebumps and tears in my eyes for both the background music in the video and for

the A32X fantastic can't wait, already ordered one printer from Amazon and apparently it's a top seller im wondering after that clip

Amazon sales went up :D 

Regards Paolo.

Share this post


Link to post
Markus Burkhard
1 hour ago, David Norfolk said:

Will you be able to do a tutorial on how to link them up and get them working with the airbus?

No tutorial needed, a description will suffice. These are simple USB printers and can be selected within our option pages. Some easy steps that will be documented in the manuals.

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk
33 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

No tutorial needed, a description will suffice. These are simple USB printers and can be selected within our option pages. Some easy steps that will be documented in the manuals.

Cheers Markus!

Share this post


Link to post
Roi Bennoun

Quick 2 questions, it looks as if the de-icing trucks only spray the wing. But later it looks as the fusalage got clear of snow/ice as well. How come ? 

2nd is- will we be able to see ice on the wings when looking from the VC ? 

Thank you, great job !

Share this post


Link to post
Yevgeniy Riftin

How will the loadsheets work? Will it pull the data from your SimBrief/PFPX/etc flightplan and load it to a/c?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

×