Xavi Calafell

Update A3xx 64Bit

James Goggi

Ok, the last posts were useful since we are now aware that PBR does not influence fps, while tomato does... and that is a GREAT piece of news, above all for those who don't have a very powerful computer.... Now, to go back to the main topic... Any news? Do we really still have to wait for a next preview tomorrow?  How many fridays still before release?? Please, tell us if you still think it could be a month or more, so that we stop checking these pages at least 10 times a day...

• Like 3

Lars Hajema
3 hours ago, James Goggi said:

Any news? Do we really still have to wait for a next preview tomorrow?  How many fridays still before release?? 

:rolleyes: <--- I'm just going the leave this one here and get the 744 loaded

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Stu Antonio

Right now I‘m thinking „It‘s february, how stupid I was in october when I thought the update is coming out every day now (cause they said „soon“ and „in a few weeks“). 

I‘m aftaid I will say the same thing in april when I think about these days right now.... 

:D :D :D 

But I‘m sure it‘s worth the wait, and let‘s not forget FSL give us an (what seems to be massive) update for free where other devs/distributors would maybe choose to sell something like that as „extension pack“ or „pro version“ for another 50 bucks. 

Really looking forward to it! :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Patrick Hildebrand

I'm with you Stu :D Same here. Looking Forward Update first, than to A321 and SL. And I don't want to know how long we have to wait for it  :D

• Like 1

Christoph Sebek
4 hours ago, James Goggi said:

Ok, the last posts were useful since we are now aware that PBR does not influence fps, while tomato does... and that is a GREAT piece of news, above all for those who don't have a very powerful computer.... Now, to go back to the main topic... Any news? Do we really still have to wait for a next preview tomorrow?  How many fridays still before release?? Please, tell us if you still think it could be a month or more, so that we stop checking these pages at least 10 times a day...

Shame if you have nothing else or better to do than that. Hope I'll never read any complaint from you when it is indeed released. :ph34r:

• Like 4

Robert Stephan

Guys, be patient, good work needs time :D Maybe Easter Bunny will bring us a special egg as a a gift ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Charly Schaller

It seems it develops like another publisher. "we built this inside, and that inside... but it takes time." And weeks, month later: "we want to build this also inside and user want this also inside... so it takes more time" Another months later: "LM brings v5 with this and that news so we wait for the news". In the year 2031 comes a Airbus who rots since years on a graveyard. ;)

• Haha 1

Karl Brooker

Gents, surely a little decorum will go a long way. I'm sure we'll see another teaser from Andy tomorrow, and who knows what kind of things are waiting to be shown!

• Like 3

J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S

Hey @Andrew Wilson its me!, this amazing human being again!

I want to ask you about (Yes... yes... agaaaain) the algorithm for the random failures. Is it possible to tweak it so that it behaves differently? Instead of a random failure in 8hours of flight what about something like "There's XX% changes of having failures"

As it is now if i program a single random failure at a random time and i do a long flight it is nearly 100% sure that i will get a failure in the flight and since i just programmed a single failure i also know that i will get only one. That is too certain.

What i want to do is fly the airplane with a different algorithm for the random failures. Just having a small change that something *may* go wrong. Like a 1% chance. That way i can fly the plane knowing that everything its likely to go fine but that i need to monitor my systems because there's a slightly chance that something may go wrong. Just a small change, but its there.

If that's too complex, what about letting us tweak the time? 8 hours is just too short.

• Like 4

Lefteris Kalamaras

@J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S we expect that this will find its way into the professional version, most likely.

• Like 1

J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S
42 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

@J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S we expect that this will find its way into the professional version, most likely.

Hi @Lefteris Kalamaras

Sounds good! Cant wait for my free upgrade :)

• Haha 1

Robert Rixx
4 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

hiya Lefteris, 

Will the update take advantage of PBR or will this be a future feature?

duartevieira
1 minute ago, Robert Rixx said:

hiya Lefteris, 

Will the update take advantage of PBR or will this be a future feature?

He’s already said no not on this update 

Paolobasta

Please there is always something stopping or delaying releases, i really hope and pray that the A32X will not be delayed further we have waited enough

and i hope we don't have to wait another year or two :angry:    

James Gao

Guys...

It's Friday 10:09 AM in Sydney and uhh... Any previews or teasers yet?

Roi Bennoun
2 hours ago, Paolobasta said:

Please there is always something stopping or delaying releases, i really hope and pray that the A32X will not be delayed further we have waited enough

and i hope we don't have to wait another year or two :angry:    

I understand your frustration. Its real sad that the winter is slowly passing by and we didnt get the chance to fly the A320 with the new icing model... 

However, i really like to believe the guys are doing their best to make that happen still.

Jordan Collins
1 minute ago, Roi Bennoun said:

I understand your frustration. Its real sad that the winter is slowly passing by and we didnt get the chance to fly the A320 with the new icing model... 

However, i really like to believe the guys are doing their best to make that happen still.

Umm you do know ice can exist long before and after winter? 

• Like 1

Roi Bennoun
1 minute ago, Jordan Collins said:

Umm you do know ice can exist long before and after winter? 

Sorry but i never saw any de-icing operations here in central Europe after mid March/beginning of April

duartevieira
4 hours ago, Roi Bennoun said:

Sorry but i never saw any de-icing operations here in central Europe after mid March/beginning of April

It happens all the time as long as the temperature drops to 6 or below 

James Gao

All the Europeans are all like, "It's so SAD the update isn't released and winter about  to end etc..."

For me??? LOL! winters about to come!

I'm glad I'm in Sydney!

Although... In Sydney it never snows:(

But It's always Good and Sunny weather, sometimes it's rainy or cloudy.

Still at least I'll still be able to fly through the whole of winter!

Cheers,

James

James Gao

@Andrew Wilson

Andy!

Preview NOW!! Please!:D

Roi Bennoun
4 hours ago, James Gao said:

All the Europeans are all like, "It's so SAD the update isn't released and winter about  to end etc..."

For me??? LOL! winters about to come!

I'm glad I'm in Sydney!

Although... In Sydney it never snows:(

But It's always Good and Sunny weather, sometimes it's rainy or cloudy.

Still at least I'll still be able to fly through the whole of winter!

Cheers,

James

So you happy when others are sad, charming... plus you are happy before you even know of going to have it in your winter time as well. 

Togismo Kohn

....sooooooooooooooooooon.........:lol::lol:

James Gao
5 minutes ago, Roi Bennoun said:

So you happy when others are sad, charming... plus you are happy before you even know of going to have it in your winter time as well. 

Well... I'm just excited and for me winter's coming the in the next 2-3 weeks!

Winter in Sydney is March to May and I'm quite optimistic that it'll be released within the next 3 months.:)

Cheers!

James

Lefteris Kalamaras

Guys-

I don't know if I've told you, but I'm improving in my future-telling capabilities, lately. As such, I am foreseeing a possibility that this thread is derailing from its original purpose. Now, rather than having to lock it, I'd rather just simply give a heads-up that continued griping and all-around complaining might cause this future to materialize, so I'm letting everyone know in my efforts to prevent this possibility from happening.

(Wow - that was a funny-tasting tea I had this morning :) ).

In short - please remain respectful and polite to each other (and to us please). When the update is ready, you'll have it - not a moment sooner!

Thanks for listening!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

James Gao
11 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Guys-

I don't know if I've told you, but I'm improving in my future-telling capabilities, lately. As such, I am foreseeing a possibility that this thread is derailing from its original purpose. Now, rather than having to lock it, I'd rather just simply give a heads-up that continued griping and all-around complaining might cause this future to materialize, so I'm letting everyone know in my efforts to prevent this possibility from happening.

(Wow - that was a funny-tasting tea I had this morning :) ).

In short - please remain respectful and polite to each other (and to us please). When the update is ready, you'll have it - not a moment sooner!

Thanks for listening!

Hmm... I'm surprised Lefteris drinks tea and not coffee!:D

James

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Philipp Schwaegerl

Again a new P3D version? Oh boy, I hope we don't have to wait for this version to enjoy the new FSL Update.

• Haha 1

Jordan Collins

Dont be upset Lefteris we all just love your products and this company. Looking forward to seeing that ATSU loadsheet and ATSU takeoff numbers.

James Goggi

... and the rain/snow on the 320...

James Goggi

Excuse me, why is my comment being deleted?

Lefteris Kalamaras
7 minutes ago, James Goggi said:

Excuse me, why is my comment being deleted?

fat fingers, James. Don't worry - it was restored... that's the effect of our moderators having too many tabs open... (yes, I am looking at you, you-know-who).

James Goggi

Thanks, Lefteris, I was trying to understand what curse word I had written in order to be removed so quickly :D. Anyway it was just a useless comment, you may remove it if you wish...

James Goggi

But hey, why are the moderators looking at moderating the forum and not beta testing the update?? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Michael Ackermann
On 2/7/2019 at 4:31 PM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

just a curious Skalarki Cockpit builder question. Can you tell more details about its status, or where it is in the Roadmap. After next 320 update, after 321 or independent from this? 

Any more info much appreciated. 

Andrew Wilson

Well it's Friday evening - a very busy week here. 

We're aware of the anticipation for this update; a lot of work is being undertaken to finalise the last remaining details.

I've compiled a short preview video showing off some of the new features you can expect to see in the upcoming update, including the updated A320 models, snow/ice/frost and rain effects, pre-departure clearance, Loadsheets and Telex.

Enjoy the video - I anticipate once we release our testing teams from their NDA's you'll be seeing a lot more.

Have a good weekend.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

koen meier

@Andrew Wilson i really appreciate the quality of this preview. and to whoever worked on this video i applaud you.

a quick note of what type of printer was used. i like the actual idea of such function.

Edited by koen meier
  • Like 1

Tim Mitchell

I have the beta and this excites me so much....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stu Antonio

@Andrew Wilson

Awesome, thanks for the Video! 

I‘m gonna call in sick on release day, that‘s for sure :D ..... 

• Like 1

Norman Blackburn

You don't want to know how many of us on the team went and bought these printers.

• Haha 1

koen meier
2 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

You don't want to know how many of us on the team went and bought these printers.

i do because my efb is only used for charts and flight plan. the tactical feel is nice i bet.

Chris Kreuzbichler
7 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Where can I get one of them? And I have another question: Does the TELEX feature work with every plane that has the FSL in your network? Or more like, do you have to choose  anetwork and then the callsign of the plane?