Xavi Calafell

Update A3xx 64Bit

Xavi Calafell

Hi everyone at FS Labs, I have one thought going round in my mind, and maybe could have an answer to lighten me.

First of all I´ve to say you make the best planes for simming without a doubt, but the thing is a newer versions are released today for supporting P3D 4.4, that´s nice, but my question is: Can we expect that major update before Christmas, or maybe one more month or so? I´m asking this ´cause I´ve got more planes to fly with and if the update isn´t far away I can wait for that without installing .266b versions ´cause it´s not a good idea installing and uninstalling and reinstalling stuff in my ssd. I´d like to save one installation. I´m not asking for a release date, just a cent of a dev´s thoughts.

Thanks for clarifying and keep up with your good work. Cheers FS Labs Team.

• Like 1

Norman Blackburn

Hi Xavi,

Thanks for the kind words.

I know it's not the answer you want to hear as really it isn't one at all.

There is a huge difference between 266b and the builds we have to test internally.  Whilst we would love to release as soon as possible we won't before it's ready. 

For that reason we can't give a date or a timeframe except to say it won't be longer than necessary.

On a different note, personally i think there are no other planes worth flying :D

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Darren Currie

Also, just my two cents that in the long run for your SSD I don't think one more re-install will make a difference in its lifespan. At least in the case of a Samsung EVO they are good up to 150TB of written data and often last long past that :)

• Like 3

Klaus Schmitzer
2 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Xavi,

Thanks for the kind words.

I know it's not the answer you want to hear as really it isn't one at all.

There is a huge difference between 266b and the builds we have to test internally.  Whilst we would love to release as soon as possible we won't before it's ready. 

For that reason we can't give a date or a timeframe except to say it won't be longer than necessary.

On a different note, personally i think there are no other planes worth flying :D

For me, that sounds like not 2018 :-P

But thats not that hard, as the A319 is awesome and we have much to do in the current winter weather.

• Like 2

Ifikratis Kamenidis

I'm also on the same boat, waiting a bit more until I install 266b in case the update comes soon. I don't think Norman's reply implies it won't be in 2018, I guess he doesn't want to risk an estimate in case the beta testing delays the release, in my opinion understandable. 

• Like 3

Tim Mitchell
6 hours ago, Ifikratis Kamenidis said:

I'm also on the same boat, waiting a bit more until I install 266b in case the update comes soon. I don't think Norman's reply implies it won't be in 2018, I guess he doesn't want to risk an estimate in case the beta testing delays the release, in my opinion understandable. 

You’ve hit the nail on the head there. Precisely why developers don’t like giving out release dates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Klaus Schmitzer
9 hours ago, Ifikratis Kamenidis said:

Nothing incomprehensible over here! It should not sound impatient.

FSLabs has already proven that they deliver quality, so take your time and I look forward what you give us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Stefan Vollstedt

Same here 2066b and p3d4.4 run VERY GOOD so take your time and suprise us with new features :D

phil highton

Norman I agree with you , and yes 266b and 4.4 are fantastic !B)

Stu Antonio

Hm, I read so much about the fantastic performance and look of 4.4 (smbdy called it „a difference like day and night“) but I have to say that I really don‘t see any difference..... it‘s smooth like 4.3 on my machine with okay fps and still kinda ugly looking night lighting. I don’t notice the PBR and the performance with the FSL products is just the same in my experience.... 

Is there something wrong in my end then? 

Karl Brooker
6 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Hm, I read so much about the fantastic performance and look of 4.4 (smbdy called it „a difference like day and night“) but I have to say that I really don‘t see any difference..... it‘s smooth like 4.3 on my machine with okay fps and still kinda ugly looking night lighting. I don’t nitice the PBr and the performance with the FSL products is just the same in my experience.... 

Is there something wrong in my end then? 

Stu,

Yes, I would expect there is something wrong your end. This could be you have your sim settings a little too high, maybe you aren't using any texture or shader add-ons and are expecting it to look like the screenshots you see posted around, and as for the PBR, well, just installing 4.4 doesn't give you PBR for all aircraft - they must be heavily updated by the developers to be PBR-ready.

Stu Antonio
5 minutes ago, Karl Brooker said:

Stu,

Yes, I would expect there is something wrong your end. This could be you have your sim settings a little too high, maybe you aren't using any texture or shader add-ons and are expecting it to look like the screenshots you see posted around, and as for the PBR, well, just installing 4.4 doesn't give you PBR for all aircraft - they must be heavily updated by the developers to be PBR-ready.

Well, I did‘t change any settings and maybe there is some measurable difference, but it‘s definately not like „night and day“. ..... And yes I use Envshade/Envtex but I thought it was compatible wirh 4.4. 

Anyway, I think I will install everything new, just in case there IS a problem.... 

Alexander Arildsson
10 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Well, I did‘t change any settings and maybe there is some measurable difference, but it‘s definately not like „night and day“. ..... And yes I use Envshade/Envtex but I thought it was compatible wirh 4.4. 

Anyway, I think I will install everything new, just in case there IS a problem.... 

You’re not alone. 4.4 made no noticable difference performance wise for me neither.

• Thanks 2

Marc Ehnle
On 12/4/2018 at 7:44 AM, Tim Mitchell said:

You’ve hit the nail on the head there. Precisely why developers don’t like giving out release dates.

What? There‘s an airbus that had around 10 release dates... or so... or maybe not.. :rolleyes:

On 12/3/2018 at 9:20 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

Norman, I can tell pretty confidently that you‘ve never flown an accusim Spitfire or P-51 in VR... :-P 

Norman Blackburn
5 hours ago, Marc Ehnle said:

Norman, I can tell pretty confidently that you‘ve never flown an accusim Spitfire or P-51 in VR... :-P 

Then Im sorry to say you @Marc Ehnle that you are wrong :).  I have done - and with both.  Additionally the P-51 is also an aircraft I've had the opportunity to fly in in real life. 

Both are great but they don't represent the type of flying *in a sim* that I enjoy most. 

• Haha 2

Marc Ehnle
17 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Then Im sorry to say you @Marc Ehnle that you are wrong :).  I have done - and with both.  Additionally the P-51 is also an aircraft I've had the opportunity to fly in in real life. 

Both are great but they don't represent the type of flying *in a sim* that I enjoy most. 

I envy you :D

• Haha 1

Luis Oswaldo Bethencourt
11 hours ago, Marc Ehnle said:

I envy you :D

It's not just you .... ;)

Stu Antonio

Any news on the update? Anything to announce or tease maybe? ;) :) 

Paolobasta

Please any News? it's nearly Xmas :D

• Like 1

koen meier
10 minutes ago, Paolobasta said:

Please any News? it's nearly Xmas :D

Calm down, we all want it for xmas but lets get a good one out and not an faulty one.

• Like 1

Stu Antonio
12 minutes ago, koen meier said:

Calm down, we all want it for xmas but lets get a good one out and not an faulty one.

We‘re totally calm, and everyone agrees on getting a good product rather than a faulty one. Doesn‘t mean we can‘t ask for a status or if there are any news to share. It just shows we‘re loyal and excited fans/customers..... ;) 

• Like 1

Paolobasta

Let's have the A320 update , then the A321 ,that can wait a bit more :blink:

Rafal Haczek
1 hour ago, koen meier said:

we all want it for xmas

No, I want it NOW! :P

• Like 1

Hamilton Müller
2 hours ago, koen meier said:

Exactly !!!  Thumbs Up !

Christoph Sebek

It's done when it's done. :P

And the wait will be worth it. 

• Thanks 1

Norman Blackburn
Just now, James Goggi said:

Ok, any news? Thanks.

James,

Any updates will be announced in this forum amongst other places.  Work continues.

Paolobasta

Please at least some news, it,s going to be a very cold and lonely  Xmas without the A320X update :(

Norman Blackburn

By that do you mean "will we release a product at date x even if it is not ready" ?  I'm surprised you would even ask such a query James.  When we have more detailed news, or indeed a release, then you can be sure we will say.  Absence of such a post simply means we continue.

• Like 2

Paolobasta

Ok thanks Norman,

Reason being is that i have installed P3d V4.4 after release and not installed A319-20 V266 coz i want to wait for the updated new version,

so that i don't waist time installing and uninstalling the Airbus, but it's killing me not flying it and it has been a few weeks now

so i hope to have it when it is ready i guess.

Regards Paolo.

James Goggi

Norman, I only meant is the work going on without any big issues with respect to what had been planned, or are there any hurdles that may delay the release some more...

Patrick Tinner

Just relax and wait for the update, and let them enjoy christmas with their families, if they have something to share, they will do it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Norman Blackburn
15 minutes ago, Paolobasta said:

Ok thanks Norman,

Reason being is that i have installed P3d V4.4 after release and not installed A319-20 V266 coz i want to wait for the updated new version,

so that i don't waist time installing and uninstalling the Airbus, but it's killing me not flying it and it has been a few weeks now

so i hope to have it when it is ready i guess.

Regards Paolo.

Paolo I wouldnt hold back waiting.  It lkiterally takes 2 minutes to uninstall 266b and reinstall whatever the release build will be.  During that time you can continue to enjoy the 320 and 319 the same as you could before 4.4

Stu Antonio
22 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

By that do you mean "will we release a product at date x even if it is not ready" ?  I'm surprised you would even ask such a query James.  When we have more detailed news, or indeed a release, then you can be sure we will say.  Absence of such a post simply means we continue.

Totally agree Norman, and I understand why there can't be exact release dates like in triple-A games, but come on, you have to admit that maaaybeee sometimes the communication lets people get really excited and then they learn that it's still a long way 'til release. 

In September Andrew stated "Within the next few weeks"... that was almost 3 months ago. I mean why didn't you just say "in early 2019" and calm everyone down?
I'm not criticizing your development process, I can totally wait as long as it takes, I'm just wondering why you use terms like "few weeks" and "soon" months before release....   

Because that puts me in a mindset where I have the feeling that I use an outdated product already, waiting for the big update every day and day, not flying and enjoying the A320 but thinking "oh, why should I fly the "old" A320X, 'cause maybe the new one with icing etc. will arrive tomorrow....." ........ Know what I mean? :)

Maybe just rule out a release in 2018 and we all (you as well!) can enjoy a calm christmas without checking the forum every 10 minutes :D:D:D

Merry Xmas

Stu

• Like 2

Norman Blackburn
5 minutes ago, James Goggi said:

Norman, I only meant is the work going on without any big issues with respect to what had been planned, or are there any hurdles that may delay the release some more...

There will always be challenges.  If there were not then we would simply be offering similar things to others.  We relish the challenges of adding and refining things to further increase the immersion that others tell us is better than they experience elsewhere.

• Like 1

Norman Blackburn
Just now, Stu Antonio said:

Totally agree Norman, and I understand why there can't be exact release dates like in triple-A games, but come on, you have to admit that maaaybeee sometimes the communication lets people get really excited and then they learn that it's still a long way 'til release. 

In September Andrew stated "Within the next few weeks"... that was almost 3 months ago. I mean why didn't you just say "in early 2019" and calm everyone down?
I'm not criticizing your development process, I can totally wait as long as it takes, I'm just wondering why you use terms like "few weeks" and "soon" months before release....   

Because that puts me in a mindset where I have the feeling that I use an outdated product already, waiting for the big update every day and day, not flying and enjoying the A320 but thinking "oh, why should I fly the "old" A320X, 'cause maybe the new one with icing etc. will arrive tomorrow....." ........ Know what I mean? :)

Maybe just rule out a release in 2018 and we all (you as well!) can enjoy a calm christmas without checking the forum every 10 minutes :D:D:D

Merry Xmas

Stu

Since that slip of the tongue Andrew has been chained up in our dungeon.  It reinforces why we try not to give any hints of dates :)

It remains soon.  Heck maybe even very soon.  2018 may be a possibility.  At the same time I can be reasonably confident it will before the end of next year :D 

If you need somebody to blame though that would be us (the testers).  If we wouldn't stop breaking things then Andy would be free to enjoy daylight.

• Haha 3

Stu Antonio
Just now, Norman Blackburn said:

Since that slip of the tongue Andrew has been chained up in our dungeon.  It reinforces why we try not to give any hints of dates :)

It remains soon.  Heck maybe even very soon.  2018 may be a possibility.  At the same time I can be reasonably confident it will before the end of next year :D 

If you need somebody to blame though that would be us (the testers).  If we wouldn't stop breaking things then Andy would be free to enjoy daylight.

:D :D :D 

I'm certainly not looking for somebody to blame. And please unchain Andrew! :D

Paolobasta

Yeah totally agree,  release Andrew that is why he has been quite for some time now :P

Daniele Pistollato

Paolo, I don't understand why you're waiting for a release when there is another release in the middle. Be advised, there will be another release after the upcoming next one... Maybe you can wait for this one your ssd has at least 300 full rewrites of the whole size, of you're not using to store webcam images it's far enough from depleting his rw cycles...

Dean Johnston
12 hours ago, Daniele Pistollato said:

Paolo, I don't understand why you're waiting for a release when there is another release in the middle. Be advised, there will be another release after the upcoming next one... Maybe you can wait for this one emoji16.png your ssd has at least 300 full rewrites of the whole size, of you're not using to store webcam images it's far enough from depleting his rw cycles...

I don’t understand you,of course there will be another release after the next upcoming one , that’s called ‘updates’

• Haha 7

Stu Antonio
On 12/19/2018 at 6:24 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

Heck maybe even very soon.  2018 may be a possibility.  

Still a possibility? This weekend then? :)  :) 

Norman Blackburn

Not if we can break something before then :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Stu Antonio
9 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Not if we can break something before then :D

Well just stop braking stuff then, fcs! :D