[Resolved] FSLSpotLights Manager 'NOT' connected to P3D

Ross Emanuel

Hi,

I'm having trouble using FSLSpotLights Manager, when I open it , it shows :' Simulator Disconnected' . I've tried to reinstall FSLSpotLights but no good.

FSLSpotLights is enabled in P3D add-on list, and FSLSpotLights module is active.

This happens in every scenario. Wondering if you guys have any solution to this problem?

Spotlights.jpg

Lefteris Kalamaras

First of all-

you don't need to use the FSLSpotlights Manager to work the A320 lights - the logic is embedded in the actual knobs and switches, so simply use the A320 itself.

If you are interested in using Spotlights with other aircraft, then please let us know if you still get the same issue.

Regards,

1 minute ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

First of all-

you don't need to use the FSLSpotlights Manager to work the A320 lights - the logic is embedded in the actual knobs and switches, so simply use the A320 itself.

If you are interested in using Spotlights with other aircraft, then please let us know if you still get the same issue.

Regards,

Hi Kalamaras, 

Thanks for the reply.

I was tend to change the lights in A320 to pretty much amber ones. Unfortunately, this happens in every model, not only on A320/A319.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hello,

can you please make sure you install the legacy SimConnect libraries from your <P3Dv4 root>\redist folder - there's one for each of FSX, SP1 and SP2/XPack. That should help.

Also - could something be blocking communications? A firewall protection perhaps?

1 hour ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Hello,

can you please make sure you install the legacy SimConnect libraries from your <P3Dv4 root>\redist folder - there's one for each of FSX, SP1 and SP2/XPack. That should help.

Also - could something be blocking communications? A firewall protection perhaps?

Hi,

Here is what I did :

1.I manually allowed FSLSpotLights Manager to through the firewall, no good.

2.I tried to turn off the firewall and reinstall FSPL as administrator, no good.

3.I tried to install the legacy SimConnect, no good.

4.I tried to run FSPL manager as administrator, no good.

5.I tried to backup/remove C:\Users\`Username`\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4  , then reinstall FSPL, still no good.:(

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hello,

I appreciate your response and I am sorry you're having difficulties. It seems something is blocking communications in SimConnect, if the manager is telling you that the sim is not running - do you have other add-ons that work with SimConnect outside the sim itself? ActiveSky for example?

6 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Hello,

I appreciate your response and I am sorry you're having difficulties. It seems something is blocking communications in SimConnect, if the manager is telling you that the sim is not running - do you have other add-ons that work with SimConnect outside the sim itself? ActiveSky for example?

Hi Kalamaras,

Actually I have ASP4 ASCA PFPX vPilot that running perfectly.

Lefteris Kalamaras

You shouldn't have to reinstall P3D for Spotlights to work. If, on the other hand, it's something you can do "easily", give it a try and see if that helps.

7 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

You shouldn't have to reinstall P3D for Spotlights to work. If, on the other hand, it's something you can do "easily", give it a try and see if that helps.

Hi, 

You're right, reinstalling sim is a nightmare to everyone. I'll leave it there, 'cause it's a neglectable problem .Maybe one day FSPL will be editable again. 

Anyway, thanks for the help, much appreciated.

BTW, may I ask how to edit the integral lighting color on A32X ? Is it achievable through FSPL or just by editing several numbers ?

Lefteris Kalamaras

Regarding integral lighting:

If you're talking about the panel labeling, that is not done via Spotlights, it's a different process altogether.

Spotlights take care of Flood and panel lighting, Pedestal lighting, in general any light that is a "spot" light - map light, window light, dome light etc.

Regards,

23 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Regarding integral lighting:

If you're talking about the panel labeling, that is not done via Spotlights, it's a different process altogether.

Spotlights take care of Flood and panel lighting, Pedestal lighting, in general any light that is a "spot" light - map light, window light, dome light etc.

Regards,

Alrighty, I have managed to achieve my goal by simply editing .ini file, though FSPL manager doesn't work for me.:P

Another irrelevant question: as you mentioned earlier, how can I manage to change the color or brightness of "panel labeling" lights ? 

FSL1.jpg

FSL2.png