Jump to content

Hope for next upgrade


CHENLIAO

Recommended Posts

First of all, i am very appreciate that FSL offer so high quality for us. Everything is so realistic. But only one thing always feel unsatisfied-the fps. I know my old PC is not achieve the lowest requirement. But now my new PC is still like this.

My new PC Hardware: I7 8700K+ 1080TI+ 32G RAM DDR4 3200+ 500G SSD+ 4T HHD

My p3d seeting as below:

SEETING-1.thumb.png.675e98b15a4d34051cc919dffe032222.png

SEETING-2.thumb.png.a16aefc8c2e45118ce9868a3e52db9b1.png

SEETING-3.thumb.png.258725fdfd9f31309451afcdc62706ba.png

SEETING-4.thumb.png.2f7917f2f0993e775a3b7e8173582a1d.png

ORBX.png.c0925e1232d029ee80f552e85b19009a.png

p3d v4.3;  Fsl 320 v2.0.1.266

I don't think my setting is too high. But my fps is not too high like my old pc. As usual, Pmdg cold and dark i can get 60-70 fps while FSL only 40-50. But after star aircraft the fps will drop 10-15. Because i often fly Asia area, so the fps just ok. But if i try to fly to UK or Amsterdam that the fps will be very terrible. But other addon not any problems in these area. There is many time i think that is my setting has problems. But no matter how i try, the fps still can get good enough. 

So i notice that 320 will get same feature to 319 and 321. But i hope fsl also can pay more attention to the fps optimization. It will be perfect. And we also hope you can bring more and more high quality Airbus addon for us.

 

Cheers 

Link to comment
Peter Pukhnoy

You should expect lower FPS than in other addons because this one is more complex. 

When you say "terrible", which figures are you talking about? You say "only" 40-50 but those are pretty high numbers.

Link to comment
Patrick Tinner

Your system is better than mine (i7 7700k OC 4.7GHz GTX 1080), and I use much higher settings and I get 30 fps in EHAM, is there any unusual CPU or GPU load? Few weeks ago I noticed on my system that the explorer.exe is at 30% CPU usage, I deleted the Temp folder and the usage dropped to 3%.
Maybe there is something on similar you system, because 10-15 fps with your new system isn't normal.

Link to comment

My system is also way slower (i7 2600k @4,5 GHz, GTX 1070) and my setting way better than yours and I still get a very satisfying smooth 40fps in average on large add on airports (LEBL, LIRF, LEPA, EDDM, EDDF..).

Stu

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

You should expect lower FPS than in other addons because this one is more complex. 

When you say "terrible", which figures are you talking about? You say "only" 40-50 but those are pretty high numbers.

Please read my text carefully ok? I said under the cold and dark it can get 40-50. After star, it may drop 10-15fps. If I try to fly this in U.K. Or Amsterdam, there's only 30-40 fps in cold and dark. It Only 25-30 during taxi. Thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Patrick Tinner said:

Your system is better than mine (i7 7700k OC 4.7GHz GTX 1080), and I use much higher settings and I get 30 fps in EHAM, is there any unusual CPU or GPU load? Few weeks ago I noticed on my system that the explorer.exe is at 30% CPU usage, I deleted the Temp folder and the usage dropped to 3%.
Maybe there is something on similar you system, because 10-15 fps with your new system isn't normal.

Ok I try to find whether is this reason. Thank you.

Link to comment
Peter Pukhnoy
1 hour ago, CHENLIAO said:

Only 25-30 during taxi. 

I'm usually not looking at the FPS counter, but it's a pretty generous figure if you're talking about the Flytampa scenery. I personally consider numbers above 25 satisfactory and above 30 - a luxury. The frame rate drop after starting is normal as well -- as I said, don't compare it to other addons.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
peter kelberg

don't  know  why users  are  fixated  on  fps  for, its like your  chasing  your tail  in a  circle.   If  your  flight  is  smooth is the most important  part  not  fp  watching

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, peter kelberg said:

don't  know  why users  are  fixated  on  fps  for, its like your  chasing  your tail  in a  circle.   If  your  flight  is  smooth is the most important  part  not  fp  watching

Absolutely. I usually get around 20-30 fps (capped in P3D at 30) with my older hardware, but it‘s smooth as silk. Go for smoothness, not high fps numbers.

 

Link to comment
Stefan Vollstedt

I achieve 25-30FPS max and everything is fine. 60fps are not important, its important that you stay >25-30 in ALL conditions...so the worst case for me is a huge mega airport, night, overcast and rain.

Link to comment
Balogh Alexandru Norbert
On 11/3/2018 at 9:30 AM, Stu Antonio said:

My system is also way slower (i7 2600k @4,5 GHz, GTX 1070) and my setting way better than yours and I still get a very satisfying smooth 40fps in average on large add on airports (LEBL, LIRF, LEPA, EDDM, EDDF..).

Stu

Hi Stu, i have the same system, could share your settings, etc. ? Thank you.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Balogh Alexandru Norbert said:

Hi Stu, i have the same system, could share your settings, etc. ? Thank you.

Sure, here you go. Remember, those are MY settings optimized to MY liking/system and after MY testing experience. I have smooth and visually appealing flights and although there is always room for more performance, I'm quite happy for now.There may be users who disagree with the settings, but you asked for mine :) :

 

1. Hyperthreading is OFF! No Affinity Mask set!

2. No additional entries in the P3D.cfg (I experimented for months and in the end I figured that it is best to just leave it as it is)

3. Latest Nvidia driver, settings in the control panel set to "maximim performance" and vertical sync to "fast".

4. Active Sky set as suggested in this guide: https://www.avsim.com/files/file/87-avsim-prepar3d-guide/

5. Other settings see screenshots attached below.

And the best tip I ever got: Turn off the FPS counters!!!! :) Just fly! Do a couple of flights and forget about FPS. And then see how you feel ;) ...

 

 

Hope this helps, best regards and happy landings.

Stu

 

 

ASCA.jpg

envtex.jpg

p3d_settings.jpg

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...
×
×
  • Create New...