Andreas Trane

A321 Progress

Marvin Toepfer

I found an article about the easyjet A321NEO. If you look at the pictures, you can see the FA or call station at doors 3 and if you have a look at the aft galley picture, you can see the jumpseat facing in the aisle. On this aircraft, it's installed without the need to bring it out.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/easyjet-a321neo/

• Like 2

Artur Araripe

That spicy EFB tho :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Marvin Toepfer

That's gonna be a long waiting time for the cabin ready....:wacko:

Artur Araripe

Just gotta flick the no smoking sign switch a bit more than usual 

Marvin Toepfer
1 minute ago, Artur Araripe said:

Just gotta flick the no smoking sign switch a bit more than usual 

Or: open cockpit door, screaming for Norman...close cockpit door and wait 

• Haha 2

Artur Araripe

NORMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Is the A321-X  cabin ready? :P

• Haha 4

Marvin Toepfer
5 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

NORMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Is the A321-X  cabin ready? :P

He is still busy eating the turkey…:P

• Haha 3

Koen Meier

a quick video about cpdlc transmissions from a controller perspective. the possibilities are immense.

• Like 1

David Norfolk

BOY you can bet your airbus bum I'm securing them early. First time landing this 321 will be a slammer 

• Haha 1

Marvin Toepfer
3 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

BOY you can bet your airbus bum I'm securing them early. First time landing this 321 will be a slammer 

we start securing the cabin 35mins before landing :lol:

David Norfolk

Expect an hour & carry a pair of spare undies 

Marvin Toepfer
1 minute ago, David Norfolk said:

Expect an hour & carry a pair of spare undies 

plus be informed about your health insurance at outstation

David Norfolk

Facts bro

Artur Araripe

51 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

It's easier to land than the A320 because it's bigger, therefore more stable on final. Flaring is easy as well, as long as you mind the tailstrike clearance. 

David Norfolk
25 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

It's easier to land than the A320 because it's bigger, therefore more stable on final. Flaring is easy as well, as long as you mind the tailstrike clearance. 

Always gotta ruin it with facts ain't you, don't worry though. i'll tailstrike it 

• Haha 2

Andrew Wilson
Just now, David Norfolk said:

don't worry though. i'll tailstrike it 

There are consequences :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

David Norfolk
Just now, Andrew Wilson said:

i like living on the edge;)

Koen Meier
Just now, Andrew Wilson said:

a maintenance trip and maybe a biscuits without coffee or tea with the fleet chef i suspect.

David Norfolk
Just now, koen meier said:

a maintenance trip and maybe a biscuits without coffee or tea with the fleet chef i suspect.

defiantly a tea no biscuits meeting  

Artur Araripe
40 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Always gotta ruin it with facts ain't you, don't worry though. i'll tailstrike it 

image.png.a7b7456ada8b0eaaf33f4decaaac63d9.png 

Norman won't ring you to say the cabin is ready so that you can't land and consequently tailstrike it :lol:

David Norfolk

image.png.a7b7456ada8b0eaaf33f4decaaac63d9.png 

Norman won't ring you to say the cabin is ready so that you can't land and consequently tailstrike it :lol:

watch me ;)

• Haha 1

Artur Araripe

If you follow the FCOM landing instructions, it's nearly impossible to tailstrike unless you put a lot of back pressure. You'll be fine! The A321 is easy to tame ;) 

David Norfolk

If you follow the FCOM landing instructions, it's nearly impossible to tailstrike unless you put a lot of back pressure. You'll be fine! The A321 is easy to tame ;) 

i'll be stress testing it for sure 

• Haha 1

Artur Araripe

Idle thrust at 60 ft, flare up 10 deg @ 25-30 ft agl, wait until it screams PITCH PITCH PITCH, then keep jerking it upwards (back and forth as if you were pumping the stick for a smooth greaser but in this case for a perfectly safe tailstrike). The pumping will arrest the airspeed, therefore you will get 10kn slower than vRef and hit the runway with the tail. A smooth tailstrike ;) 

• Haha 1

David Norfolk
3 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

Idle thrust at 60 ft, flare up 10 deg @ 25-30 ft agl, wait until it screams PITCH PITCH PITCH, then keep jerking it upwards (back and forth as if you were pumping the stick for a smooth greaser but in this case for a perfectly safe tailstrike). The pumping will arrest the airspeed, therefore you will get 10kn slower than vRef and hit the runway with the tail. A smooth tailstrike ;) 

i need to release first before i can all these briefings 

Artur Araripe

You can practice with the A320. Instead of 10 deg pitch up, go for 13 or above. Works wonderfully well ;) 

David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Artur Araripe said:

You can practice with the A320. Instead of 10 deg pitch up, go for 13 or above. Works wonderfully well ;) 

or i can hope for the best & hope airbus dont charge me 

• Haha 1

Lefteris Kalamaras

One of our beta testers commented to me just now that we have not provided any news on the A321-X progress for the past few days, so here it goes:

"We're working very hard to get it to you asap."

You see, we're at one of those times where beta testing is going well, but the work involves code fixes mostly, so there's nothing really to report. However, I wanted to make him happy, so I posted that news for you, to say that we're one day closer than we were yesterday!

(Let's see now how much flak I will get for doing this and regret it for the next times to come :P).

Oh- and there are two new buttons added and a knob. (comment intentionally vague, so we can run all sorts of guesses for fun :D).

• Like 10
  • Haha 11

David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

One of our beta testers commented to me just now that we have not provided any news on the A321-X progress for the past few days, so here it goes:

You see, we're at one of those times where beta testing is going well, but the work involves code fixes mostly, so there's nothing really to report. However, I wanted to make him happy, so I posted that news for you, to say that we're one day closer than we were yesterday!

(Let's see now how much flak I will get for doing this and regret it for the next times to come :P).

Oh- and there are two new buttons added and a knob. (comment intentionally vague, so we can run all sorts of guesses for fun :D).

Nice! cheers for the update, hopefully nothing major gets broken between now & when you guys have got a planned release date. hopefully we will start seeing A321 X photos emerge 

Robert Sutherland
17 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Question for you Lefteris. How many lines of code are we talking for an A320 or A321?

How much accumulated time do you think the company has built up creating this plane?

I’m just fascinated by it all!

Koen Meier

Are those buttons and knobs on the pedestal or overhead?

Artur Araripe
39 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

EFB? :P

Kian Andrews
47 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

there are two new buttons added and a knob.

You won't be very popular if that's how you describe your fellow crew..

• Haha 3

Kian Andrews
20 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

EFB? :P

Yes...

Extra Freakin' Buttons.

Oh and a knob, mustn't forget about the knob - silly me.

Edited by Kian Andrews
I forgot about the knob..
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Kian Andrews said:

Yes...

Extra Flippin' Buttons.

Oh and a knob, mustn't forget about the knob - silly me.

you're signature is 10/10

• Haha 1

David Norfolk

You gotta touch the knob in a certain way? Isit one of those knobs if you play with it too much you could break it??

• Confused 1

Kian Andrews

If one is respectiful in how one treats said knob, it shouldn't be too delicate.

What are we even talking about :lol:

• Haha 1

David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Kian Andrews said:

If one is respectiful in how one treats said knob, it shouldn't be too delicate.

What are we even talking about :lol:

Lefteris has opened a bag of worms, just be careful you dont pull it too hard just in case you damage it

Artur Araripe
28 minutes ago, Kian Andrews said:

Extra Freakin' Buttons.

Gotta love buttons.

"I wonder what this red one does" - A "Captain", minutes before crashing his virtual A321

John Barnes

Fancy picking on your beta testers LK.  Bless the poor overworked lambs. 

• Haha 3

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

The extra buttons have to be related to the extra  fuel tanks. As for the knob,  it could be anyone. ermm, anything, I mean

• Haha 1

David Norfolk
4 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

Fancy picking on your beta testers LK.  Bless the poor overworked lambs. 

work harder! quicker you get it done, the quicker i can get me mucky mits on it  ;) that's a joke btw, you can have a biscuit 

NilsUnger

I wonder how many buttons and knobs are needed to control a HUD? :huh:

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

Now that would really be something. I asked about a hud when the 320 came out for fsx, but they said it was very low priority since so few a320 actually use it.

David Norfolk
4 minutes ago, NilsUnger said:

I wonder how many buttons and knobs are needed to control a HUD? :huh:

on & off & brightness lol