Andreas Trane

A321 Progress

Andreas Trane

Hi!

Does anoyone know how the progress is on the Airbus A321? Will it be finished before the end of 2018?

David Porrett

I think you'll find the standard response to a question like this is "when it's ready".

Marc Stanford

I believe it will be released before 2019

I think.....

I hope 

Elfyn Hanks

The lack of info since the Cosford 2018 when they said it was close to Beta says they are very busy so I have my fingers crossed for xmas present but personally I'm more interested in the 320 update and Concorde for P3D v4. 

David Porrett
On 11/3/2018 at 3:32 AM, Elfyn Hanks said:

Concorde for P3D v4

Oh yes!

Mark M Balagtas

we need a concorde in v4

• Like 2

Viacheslav Gorovoi

We need A321 and other modifications Airbus in priority! 

• Like 2

Philippe Dosne

A320 update and an A330, please.

Dmitrij Nazarenko
15 hours ago, Mark M Balagtas said:

we need a concorde in v4

12 hours ago, Viacheslav Gorovoi said:

We need A321 and other modifications Airbus in priority! 

2 hours ago, Philippe Dosne said:

A320 update and an A330, please.

Holy bejesus guys, calm down...

Demanding devs to release something fast or make new planes won't help any of the sides. Just chill and wait for the news. In the mean time just do something productive :)

• Like 1

Philippe Dosne
3 minutes ago, Dmitrij Nazarenko said:

Holy bejesus guys, calm down...

Demanding devs to release something fast or make new planes won't help any of the sides. Just chill and wait for the news. In the mean time just do something productive :)

Dude, this is a 'GENERAL FORUM', let people ask what they want. Are you the Forum police? You go do something productive.

• Like 3

Dmitrij Nazarenko
50 minutes ago, Philippe Dosne said:

Dude, this is a 'GENERAL FORUM', let people ask what they want. Are you the Forum police? You go do something productive.

No, I'm just the deputy :)

I am doing something productive, I'm cooking myself a dinner now, and not opening similar threads with similar questions about progress/demands/etc. which I know very well in advance will not be answered by the devs, unless they have something to say.

Have a nice time of the day :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Lars Hajema
On 11/17/2018 at 5:17 PM, Dmitrij Nazarenko said:

No, I'm just the deputy :)

I am doing something productive, I'm cooking myself a dinner now, and not opening similar threads with similar questions about progress/demands/etc. which I know very well in advance will not be answered by the devs, unless they have something to say.

Have a nice time of the day :)

This may very well be the best response I have read in a long time, cool and collective. Take my up-vote :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brian McCumiskey

That moment when we suspected the 321 for XMas;) It MUST be soon now especially since the 32 bit update is already out.. But what do I know. We all thought it would be an XMas present.

Koen Meier

in my opinion, no news is good news.

• Like 6

Dmitrij Nazarenko
11 hours ago, Brian McCumiskey said:

That moment when we suspected the 321 for XMas;) It MUST be soon now especially since the 32 bit update is already out.. But what do I know. We all thought it would be an XMas present.

Christmas of which year?

:D:P

Brian McCumiskey
22 hours ago, koen meier said:

in my opinion, no news is good news.

You're 100% correct right there. I just hope it comes before the end of February. I'm taking a JetBlue A321 flight to JFK and would love to replicate my flight in the beautiful bird.

As there are probably FSLabs developers/testers reading this, I can't say for everyone, but at least for me, I'm glad you're taking this much time on it. I'd rather have a well-done, closer to non buggy plane when it comes out rather than a trashy 321 that was rushed for the community.

Thanks again and all hail the 321! ;)

Brian

• Like 7

Philipp Schwaegerl

For me they can take their time tbh. FSL has a high standard and quality and I love to see it in the future updates and airplanes as well. I don't need a rushed out aircraft with tons of bugs and issues. We have too many of them in our hobby.

• Like 7

Tim Mitchell
On 1/23/2019 at 7:41 AM, Brian McCumiskey said:

You're 100% correct right there. I just hope it comes before the end of February. I'm taking a JetBlue A321 flight to JFK and would love to replicate my flight in the beautiful bird.

As there are probably FSLabs developers/testers reading this, I can't say for everyone, but at least for me, I'm glad you're taking this much time on it. I'd rather have a well-done, closer to non buggy plane when it comes out rather than a trashy 321 that was rushed for the community.

Thanks again and all hail the 321! ;)

Brian

I think the update will distract you sufficiently from the A321 so that when it does roll around you’ll giddy...

I’m sure you could always do an equipment change? 

• Like 4

Philipp Schwaegerl
14 hours ago, Tim Mitchell said:

I think the update will distract you sufficiently from the A321 so that when it does roll around you’ll giddy...

I’m sure you could always do an equipment change? 

This must be one hell of an update ^_^

• Like 1

samuelfewtrell
On 10/27/2018 at 9:40 PM, Andreas Trane said:

I Know this has properly be answered many times but I am new to the forum, will we be getting a less eye candy a321 for fsx,i bought this addon in September and I don't want this to be my final run with this company, many customers still use FSX:SE  the simple truth is the amount of money invested by some of us in flight sim is huge we cannot afford to upgrade all of our addons to p3d let alone actually buy P3D,if they were to continue in fsx we do not excpect all these fancy rain effects etc etc,i just don't want to see myself and many other become isolated,i could understand if this was say FS2004 but it is not it would simply be more healthy to view FSX more like a permeant sim,you never know we might oneday get a 64bit one .

Andrew Wilson

No, we stated almost a year ago that the A319-X and A321-X will be for P3Dv4 only.

• Like 5

samuelfewtrell
On 10/27/2018 at 9:40 PM, Andreas Trane said:

okay thanks for the response

Zsolt Monostori
1 hour ago, Andrew Wilson said:

No, we stated almost a year ago that the A319-X and A321-X will be for P3Dv4 only.

Andrew, may I ask what is going to be the max range of the non sharklet FSLabs A321 please?

Koen Meier
7 minutes ago, Zsolt Monostori said:

Andrew, may I ask what is going to be the max range of the non sharklet FSLabs A321 please?

With or without the additional center tanks.

Zsolt Monostori

Are the center tanks optional on the 321 or come as "stock"? Will the FSLabs 321 have center tanks? The longer range the better! :-)

Norman Blackburn

Like Tim has mentioned, let the 320x update distract you all for a while.  We need to keep some stuff as a surprise during the development time 

• Like 5

David Murden
5 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Like Tim has mentioned, let the 320x update distract you all for a while. 

If only Norman :P 

Philipp Schwaegerl
13 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Like Tim has mentioned, let the 320x update distract you all for a while.  We need to keep some stuff as a surprise during the development time 

What Update? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Andrew Wilson

Not sure what the range is, but you can configure each airframe with one or two additional center fuel tanks giving a total fuel capacity of 23,770Kg (52,404 Lbs).
  • Like 3

Zsolt Monostori
11 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Not sure what the range is, but you can configure each airframe with one or two additional center fuel tanks giving a total fuel capacity of 23,770Kg (52,404 Lbs).

Awesome! Basically I just wanted to know if US transcontinental flights such as JFK-SFO / LAX etc are gonna be doable without technical landing. Gr8!

Tim Mitchell
8 hours ago, Zsolt Monostori said:

Awesome! Basically I just wanted to know if US transcontinental flights such as JFK-SFO / LAX etc are gonna be doable without technical landing. Gr8!

You can do these flights with the A319/20 as Alaskan and United, Jetblue among others use. I believe Alaska use a A319 front San Fran to Boston non stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

M_i_k_e_V_o_g

Iirc, nominal ranges are fairly similar for them all.

Zsolt Monostori
20 hours ago, Tim Mitchell said:

You can do these flights with the A319/20 as Alaskan and United, Jetblue among others use. I believe Alaska use a A319 front San Fran to Boston non stop.

I remember I had fuel issues back in 2016 trying to use the 321 WInglet version of the other company that builds buses. :-)

Brian McCumiskey

And just to confirm, did you guys say the A321 will not be released with sharklets, correct? It will be coming to the 320 and 321 later, right?

Timm Rehberg
1 hour ago, Brian McCumiskey said:

And just to confirm, did you guys say the A321 will not be released with sharklets, correct? It will be coming to the 320 and 321 later, right?

Sharklets are not being part of neither the A319/A320-X update nor the A321 initial release.

Markus Burkhard

Sharklets will follow after the A321. Because we don't just slap on some new aluminium, we'll also model avionics and software updates, as well as a different flight models.

• Like 4

Jordan Collins
30 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

Sharklets will follow after the A321. Because we don't just slap on some new aluminium, we'll also model avionics and software updates, as well as a different flight models.

What Avionics are there on the Sharklets that arn't on the non sharklets versions?

Also, does anyone know if United Airlines uses Sharklets on the 319/320? 

Brian McCumiskey
1 minute ago, Jordan Collins said:

Also, does anyone know if United Airlines uses Sharklets on the 319/320? 

United Airlines does not use sharklets on any of their Airbus series currently, although that would be pretty neat to see if they add them in the future. 

Jordan Collins
Just now, Brian McCumiskey said:

United Airlines does not use sharklets on any of their Airbus series currently, although that would be pretty neat to see if they add them in the future. 

Does Delta or any of the American Carriers? 

Brian McCumiskey
34 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

we'll also model avionics and software updates, as well as a different flight models.

Yeah, just curious on what you mean by avionics. Are you referring to the different fuel onboard the aircraft/fuel burn (if there is any difference with fuel burn). Also thanks a ton for absolutely everything. You guys have done a fantastic job. Keep it up :) 

Brian McCumiskey
1 minute ago, Jordan Collins said:

Does Delta or any of the American Carriers? 

I believe that Delta A321's have them, Delta A320's do not. American has them on some A321's and I don't believe any on the 320s. And JetBlue has them on the entire A321 fleet now and I believe that their A320's have either now, but they are all being converted right now to sharklets. Virgin America/Alaskan Airlines are converting the A320's to sharklets, I believe. 

Jordan Collins
Just now, Brian McCumiskey said:

I believe that Delta A321's have them, Delta A320's do not. American has them on some A321's and I don't believe any on the 320s. And JetBlue has them on the entire A321 fleet now and I believe that their A320's have either now, but they are all being converted right now to sharklets. Virgin America/Alaskan Airlines are converting the A320's to sharklets, I believe. 

really? I heard Alaska was gonna get rid of the Airbus fleet completely. 

Simon Kelsey

The sharklet aircraft have updated ELACs amongst other things (this is why people keep asking about the ailerons going up at touchdown - it's a feature of the newer software).

There are, of course, fuel burn and flight model changes as well (the whole point of installing the sharklets being to reduce induced drag and improve fuel burn). They are a bit more slippery and a bit more of a handful in a crosswind, for instance.

• Like 5