Windshield appears divided while on ground

Atul Mishra

Atul Mishra

Gents,

I moved to P3D V4.3 and downloaded the Airbus V2.0.1.262 (both A319X and A320X). The very first thing I noticed after getting into the cockpit was a horizontally divided windshield screen that would normally appear while on the ground and up until 100 ft above the ground. Attached are two pictures for the comparison.

I thought that it might have appeared so because of Tomatoshade's latest build for P3D V4.3. Restored the default shaders and checked again but it didn't turn around the windshield issue.

Uninstalled V4.3 and restored V4.2 (client) and it was solved.

Does anyone know what might have caused this in V4.3?

Picture 1: At 100 ft.

Picture 2: On ground.

966365716_At100ft.thumb.jpg.f525bd76f2adf42e4f010f7f5a0f7de3.jpg1569815732_Atground.thumb.jpg.51740d5c2c1c55c46d8e9c14c1796ae7.jpg

Rafal Haczek
31 minutes ago, Atul Mishra said:

Does anyone know what might have caused this in V4.3?

It's an LM bug.
If you do a search, you will find at least a few posts about it.

Jude Bradley
From http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=130185 

Re: Issue with lines on cockpit window

•  
    •  

Postby sbs9 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:21 pm

There are two workarounds:

1. Change clipmode to minimum in cam definition within the camera.cfg

2. Override the near clip plane of the camera, using NearClipOverride property. NearClipOverride=1.5 eliminates the problem, at least for FSLabs’ airplanes.

I recommend to try the second alternative. According https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/came ... ation.html, the near clip value of clipmode=minimum is 1.0. Using 1.5 should give more priority to the rendering of distant objects.
Tomas Myrvik

Hello. Do not fully understand how to do this. have searched for NearClipOverride in Cameras.cfg but finds nothing about this. Can anyone please help me

• 2 months later...

I cant seem to find NearClipOverride either in the camera.cfg , anyone able to help out on this one, I still have the issue after using Clipmode=minimum.

Søren Dissing
22 minutes ago, Jetspaul said:

I cant seem to find NearClipOverride either in the camera.cfg , anyone able to help out on this one, I still have the issue after using Clipmode=minimum.

It's not there by default, you have to insert NearClipOverride=1.5 yourself.