Something I did not expect

Lars Hajema

Lars Hajema

Did a flight in the bus from KIAH to KJFK and back, both legs around 3 hours. Haven't flown the IAE in a while, I'm more a CFM guy :ph34r: really forgot how quickly the IAE get's away from u during taxi.

Flight went amazing, until I got the the descent into KIAH on the way back, was planning the MCDU when I got a master caution with the message: FUEL L OUTER TK HI TEMP. Something I did not expect in any way. I check the fuel page, and indeed L OUTER TK had a temp of 56 degrees, which is high, but not enough to disconnect the IDG, I did however ended up turning off GEN 1, compensated by using the APU during descent and landing. Absolutely loved the little curveball that the bus threw at me! :lol: Really involves you with what is happening instead of just sticking the autopilot in and leaving for 3 hours.

Here are some pictures:

d1b1a76bbc.jpg

Arrival into JFK

cbdaea34bc.jpg

Taking on fuel for the flight back to KIAH

e227145bf3.jpg

50 min later and off she is again

a4eacea0b5.jpg

FUEL L OUTER TK HI TEMP

211f2b2acc.jpg

Ecam actions complete

78c01a4208.jpg

Back at KIAH, left the flaps in 1+F due to the 32 degrees outside

• Like 5

It's happened to me a few times as well. I'm base out of KPHX and temps this past week of 40+ were not uncommon on the ground.

Aaron

• Like 1
Lars Hajema
5 hours ago, Aaron Lee said:

I'm base out of KPHX and temps this past week of 40+ were not uncommon on the ground.

Waauw Aaron, I'm already suffering from heat stroke by hearing that :P. KPHX is a beatifull airport, especially with the flightbeam scenery from what I hear and see in pictures. Must be weird not seeing al those US airways around anymore at KPHX :ph34r:

20 hours ago, Lars Hajema said:

Waauw Aaron, I'm already suffering from heat stroke by hearing that :P. KPHX is a beatifull airport, especially with the flightbeam scenery from what I hear and see in pictures. Must be weird not seeing al those US airways around anymore at KPHX :ph34r:

Oh yes, we hit 47 last week. I do like the nice American liveries though. 

• Like 1