Will A321 be a separate package?

Andreas Trane

Wolfgang Lang

tja, it's the same as the 748 from a well known competitor... there u will also need the 744 base package (thats why it is call "base package") to get the 748 runninig ;)

Marc Stanford

Anybody expecting the A321 this summer or year? reasoning behind this is they just use the effects from the A319Z to the 321.

M_i_k_e_V_o_g
4 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Anybody expecting the A321 this summer or year? reasoning behind this is they just use the effects from the A319Z to the 321.

Surely not this summer and I highly doubt this year as well. I one of their announcement (can't recall which one exactly) they said something along the lines of "the release date is much further than what people tend to think". If you consider the time they'll need to allocate to the 32bit platform editions and the Concorde, then I really can't see it coming out within 4 months.

However, this is just guesswork on my part and anybody's guess is just as good. 

J0hannes Butz

my common sense from reading on this forum screams that it will be the one without sharklets as the intent was to first make the ones with the most similarity, then the SL with newer software etc will follow

M_i_k_e_V_o_g
2 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Not quite Mike - we said that we were a lot further along with the project than people might think.

Oh, sorry for that...I got it the other way around obviously....

That’s good news then!! I’ll be looking forward.

John Moore
7 minutes ago, Philipp Schwaegerl said:

Is there any kind of "proof" for you statement @Andrew Wilson ? :ph34r: 

Maybe a little picture showing the aircraft from the outside would be alright. 

He posted a picture of the FMGC a week or so ago, you’ll have to find it though through his post history.

Philipp Schwaegerl
30 minutes ago, John Moore said:

He posted a picture of the FMGC a week or so ago, you’ll have to find it though through his post history.

That's why I want a picture of the aircraft form the outside :)

Eamonn Jawhary

Will the sharkelts be one expansion package containing a319, a320 and a321. Or will each of the above be separate sharkelt expansions? Also are we generally going to be looking at the 40 to 50 USD range for all future a3xx expansions? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sabine Meier

What i remember is that they are certainly doing the A320sl but it is more than just the model. Systems are different, flightmodel correct per type.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 3:28 AM, Andrew Wilson said:

Hi Carsten,

It'll be A321-211 and A321-231. The SL series will then follow with updated avionics.

I found there are CFM56-5B3 or 5B3/P or 5B3/2P for -211 variant, will these engine type modelled? or only one of them?

Artur Chuprikov
On 7/9/2018 at 10:28 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

Hi Carsten,

It'll be A321-211 and A321-231. The SL series will then follow with updated avionics.

Andrew,

May we expect FMGS improvements in next A320 update?

• 2 weeks later...
Mahmoud Fadli
On 7/9/2018 at 11:40 AM, Andrew Wilson said:

Not quite Mike - we said that we were a lot further along with the project than people might think.

You can't see it, but I'm screaming like a little girl at a Backstreet Boys concert thinking about just how far along FSL might be on this! Can't wait to fly the pencil! :)

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
Daniel Reber

Well now as we´re talking about the A321 and @Andrew Wilson confirmed, the SL series will follow later, I suggest SL will come to the A321 as well. 

My quastion now is: Will it all be one package, or will we have to pay for A320SL and A321SL seperate, as you earlier stated, A319, A321, A320SL. To me this would bean it would be one single package including SL for at least the A320 and A321.

• 2 weeks later...