Random Screenshot Thread

Tobias Gövert

Predrag Danicic
6 minutes ago, Tom van der Elst said:

Ooh, Air Serbia Catering ... where'd you get that ?

Just update GSX ... You should have it then :)

Also, there will be a small surprise for LYBE ground services soon :)

• Thanks 1
Tom van der Elst

Back to Frankfurt and on to Glasgow.

2022-2-5_13-4-29-160.jpg

• Like 5
Tom van der Elst

Climbing out of Geneva for Frankfurt.

2022-2-6_19-20-3-842.jpg

• Like 3
Tom van der Elst

Boeing grey on an airbus ... it's quite a sight :)

• Confused 2
Gregory Verba
1 hour ago, Tom van der Elst said:

Boeing grey on an airbus ... it's quite a sight :)

Hi Tom,

First of all this not boeing grey.

I know it may heard weird but the color of main panels is grey. It is not blue, pink , blue with pink cast and etc. :)

The oldy busses really had some bluish panels but it was on A319/A320-100 series.

I have plenty of photos taken by myself and by my friends showing that the color of main panels is grey.  Even Skalarki panels I got recently are grey :).

I know that pictures may distort the real color and the situation is even worst with P3D lighting and lack of PBR on Fslabs cockpit. I still remember how it looked weird when I applied real color to the panels. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Tom van der Elst
5 minutes ago, Gregory Verba said:

Hi Tom,

I know it may heard weird but the color of main panels is grey. It is not blue, pink , blue with pink cast and etc. :)

The oldy busses really had some bluish panels but it was on A319/A320-100 series.

I have plenty of photos taken by myself and by my friends showing that the color of main panels is grey.  Even Skalarki panels I got recently are grey :).

I know that pictures may distort the real color and the situation is even worst with P3D lighting and lack of PBR on Fslabs cockpit. I still remember how it looked weird when I applied real color to the panels. 

It was somewhat tongue in cheek Gregory

and certainly not meant as an insult or me suggesting

you don't know or care how it looks.

Infact, I think it looks very sharp and I hope to be able to install it in the near future.

cheers

Tom.

• Thanks 1
Matthew Ashman
On 2/7/2022 at 6:00 PM, Gregory Verba said:

Hi Tom,

Interesting you say that as some of the airframes ( -214s and some NEOs) that I have worked on have a heavy blueish tint to the panels in the flight deck, but then I have also seen some, as you have said where it is almost (or fully) grey, as sad as this sounds I am quite interested to the reason behind the whole topic of the colour of the panels of the FD. I'm starting to think it's maybe a very light grey or hybrid blue/grey colour, as weird as that may sound haha. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Ashman said:

Interesting you say that as some of the airframes ( -214s and some NEOs) that I have worked on have a heavy blueish tint to the panels in the flight deck, but then I have also seen some, as you have said where it is almost (or fully) grey, as sad as this sounds I am quite interested to the reason behind the whole topic of the colour of the panels of the FD. I'm starting to think it's maybe a very light grey or hybrid blue/grey colour, as weird as that may sound haha. 

So from my experience even in reality the colour looks different when looking at it on the ground than in cruise. The LH one's are rather grey, but you can't really depend on photos, since the camera setting completely changes things.

Gregory and I took quite some time to test it and finally found a really nice colour that simulated the real colour pretty nicley.
However, due to the Fslabs still not having VC PBR it's not possible to use it, because without PBR the textures look incredibly blue in the shadow. Since the VC is mostly in the shadow and only in direct sunlight at some very short times during the day, you have to use a more grey-ish colour in the FSL to have it look relatively okay.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Matthew Ashman
6 hours ago, Florian Wolf said:

So from my experience even in reality the colour looks different when looking at it on the ground than in cruise. The LH one's are rather grey, but you can't really depend on photos, since the camera setting completely changes things.

Gregory and I took quite some time to test it and finally found a really nice colour that simulated the real colour pretty nicley.
However, due to the Fslabs still not having VC PBR it's not possible to use it, because without PBR the textures look incredibly blue in the shadow. Since the VC is mostly in the shadow and only in direct sunlight at some very short times during the day, you have to use a more grey-ish colour in the FSL to have it look relatively okay.

Interesting insight to your guys work and the method behind your decisions, I'm in no way implying that you guys are incorrect and I hope I'm not giving this impression, I'm just genuinely curious to the colour of the textures as I have seen both a mixture blue(ish) and grey panel colours whilst at work on various airframes. :D 

8 minutes ago, Matthew Ashman said:

as I have seen both a mixture blue(ish) and grey panel colours whilst at work on various airframes. :D 

Do you know that there is a "new old blue" and a "new blue" for Lufthansa? :P DeDRZkH.png

Tom van der Elst

Great job, Pedro :)

Matthew Ashman

Falling in love with this livery more and more as I paint it. :wub:

Prepar3D_ZC6w44PMcO.thumb.png.1ad515ccd508bc7899e5b722fb48b5a4.png

• Like 13