Random Screenshot Thread

Tobias Gövert

Matthew Ashman
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Very quick WIP.

Would anyone even want this?? I'm not sure if I should release it... 

vIkur8m.png

Looking good, but will probs be repainted back into Alitalia colours soon, considering ITA now owns the Alitalia brand :P 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Matthew Ashman said:

Looking good, but will probs be repainted back into Alitalia colours soon, considering ITA now owns the Alitalia brand :P 

So they won the bid? :) Nice to hear actually, thanks for the info. 
Yeah, that's what I thought. Not really making sense to finish it then...

Tom van der Elst
2 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

So they won the bid? :) Nice to hear actually, thanks for the info. 
Yeah, that's what I thought. Not really making sense to finish it then...

Why not?

Die hard alitalia fans ( is that a thing? ) might really like it.

cheers

Tom.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tom van der Elst said:

Why not?

Die hard alitalia fans ( is that a thing? ) might really like it.

cheers

Tom.

Die hard Alitalia Fans will be pleased to know that there's a good chance ITA will keep flying with Alitalia branding. :)
As Matt mentioned, this livery might ultimately be repainted back to Alitalia colors. We'll see... 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Would anyone even want this?

I'll gladly take it. B)
I've been flying Alitalia in real life quite a lot (including some long-time gone aircraft like 742, DC-9 or MD80).
So, out of sentiment, I am excited by it. Plus the repaint is looking great, like anything from you.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Rafal Haczek said:

I'll gladly take it. B)
I've been flying Alitalia in real life quite a lot (including some long-time gone aircraft like 742, DC-9 or MD80).
So, out of sentiment, I am excited by it. Plus the repaint is looking great, like anything from you.

It's practically done. Only problem is, right now I can't find any image of the starboard side, so it's pure guessing how they painted it. Could be Bornin2021 or Bornin2021 (following the mil rule that flags on moving vehicles are always facing backwards) or something entirely different. I'll probably wait until more images surface... 

• Like 2
Tom van der Elst
11 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

It's practically done. Only problem is, right now I can't find any image of the starboard side, so it's pure guessing how they painted it. Could be Bornin2021 or Bornin2021 (following the mil rule that flags on moving vehicles are always facing backwards) or something entirely different. I'll probably wait until more images surface... 

You're welcome :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Tom van der Elst said:

You're welcome :D

Oh wow, awesome, thanks man!! Didn't catch that.
Then I guess it's pretty much good to go. :D

Edit: Now available in the downloads section

• Thanks 1
Tom van der Elst
2 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Edit: Now available in the downloads section

You're the best :)

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

METAR: EDDM 181950Z 34001KT 0200 R26R/0325N R26L/0450N FG VV/// 06/06 Q1026 NOSIG

ALPM7z7.png

qOFu7eI.png

Isn’t it a procedure to turn off the landing lights during low vis landing to not have the above effect of not seeing the runway?!:D

2 hours ago, Florian Wolf said:

Isn’t it a procedure to turn off the landing lights during low vis landing to not have the above effect of not seeing the runway?!:D

I think there isn't a fixed procedure as fog and visibility are changing. But its up to the captain to turn off taxi light or even landing lights if wanted to not getting blind :D Especially since LED's :ph34r:

• Like 1
Christopher Bourke

Morning return from Nantes back to Frankfurt.

Prepar3D_S8pS9JoITy.thumb.png.3a93dae6ea5224c41e363b39cfd8a083.png

Turning onto runway 21.

Prepar3D_rSnPoqXQHS.thumb.png.b588aed871dfa991378a8bfcc22df605.png

Prepar3D_WuafqkZqwC.thumb.png.8b7d6c4255cd97d3def02b8d6597e1f5.png

Steady, uneventful cruise back home..

Prepar3D_xCtDF1bezZ.thumb.png.059a2cc19c5f735f8e06094d5eeeb3cc.png

And on final for 25R, where i went around because i was pissed about my hard landing, and then i landed it hard again. :P

Prepar3D_U8efZCx2ce.thumb.png.5bff0470930909d8323f6776ccdaa331.png

• Like 6

From Thoise to Kathmandu, very spectacular depart through the valley. I used standard Kathmandu VOR approach to rwy 02. Short finale and land performed my second FO, it was his first serious attempt to land something bigger than his lovely BF109-G.

• Like 1