TOMATO Shaders 319

Alan Dominguez

Timm Rehberg
8 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Hi Alan,
It’s in our downloads section, under Unsupported Mods.

These are actually different ones than RD presets published, are they? :P

Hugo Bicho
43 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

These are actually different ones than RD presets published, are they? :P

Yes the one that @Andrew Wilsonhave published is fully compatible. The RD have some issues with the pylon section

• Like 1
Timm Rehberg
6 minutes ago, Karl Semper said:

Have downloaded Andrew's reflection profiles but just wondering where/how to install. Thx in advance for any guidance. 

Place them in the profiles folder in the Tomato folder.
Then open the reflection tool, open the plane and load in the profile-files + click save.

Andrew Wilson

I've updated the A319-X Tomato profile in our downloads section, now v1.1. This one has more reflection. I've left the original version for those who prefer the matt look.

I've also had kind permission to host the presets created by Gunadeep Narendrapuram for the A320-X. I'll make these available soon.

• Like 3
Alan Dominguez
12 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I've updated the A319-X Tomato profile in our downloads section, now v1.1. This one has more reflection. I've left the original version for those who prefer the matt look.

I've also had kind permission to host the presets created by Gunadeep Narendrapuram for the A320-X. I'll make these available soon.

great news !!! and thanks again.

Julian Evans
6 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Gunadeep's A320 Profiles are excellent.

Andrew Wilson

Thought some of you might be interested in this - in my opinion the rain in P3D is a little too strong. So this file reduces the transparency. It works well with our VC rain effects. 

It's very easy to make your own adjustments as well - just open the file in notepad, scroll to the end and change this line:

rainVis = 0.10f;

Change to a value between 0 and 1.0. 

Extract to Prepar3D v4/ShadersHLSL. Backup your original file first just in case. 

PrecipParticle.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Wayne Klockner
22 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Thought some of you might be interested in this - in my opinion the rain in P3D is a little too strong. So this file reduces the transparency. It works well with our VC rain effects. 

It's very easy to make your own adjustments as well - just open the file in notepad, scroll to the end and change this line:

rainVis = 0.10f;

Change to a value between 0 and 1.0. 

Extract to Prepar3D v4/ShadersHLSL. Backup your original file first just in case. 

PrecipParticle.zip

Andrew, what's the impact on precipitation transparency as you write higher values to this parameter? Thanks for the tip and the file.

Philipp Schwaegerl

For me the TOMATO preset gets me a little "milky" glass. Is this suppost to be, or a issue on my end?

J0hannes Butz
33 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Does Tomato change something in the VC or only the external model?

TomatoShade changes the lighting and or colour rendering in the VC (if customized respectively), DynamicReflectionMaker does little, as before as customized. If you use a preset it depends on what the author did, with those for the A319 I've seen no/suttle dynamic reflections in the VC

Peter Pukhnoy
52 minutes ago, Johannes Butz said:

TomatoShade changes the lighting and or colour rendering in the VC (if customized respectively)

Does this part come at a performance cost?

Darien Barnes
23 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

yes because it uses dynamic reflections 

J0hannes Butz
45 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

I didn't notice any difference with all optimization options ticked and dynamic reflections on medium; you may need to use low on lower end GPU's...

Harald Fuhr

if i try to use FSL A319 Tomato v1.1

i get the error message:  Model not identical!

"This Profil was saved for different Version of this Model and might not be compatible with the local one.

Do you want to continue importing the Profile? it might result in a faulty rendered Model."

Tried with Orginal P3DV4.3 ShadersHLSL Folder.

If I confirm with "yes" i get a black Model without Texture.

Thx in advance for any help

Regards,

Harald

J0hannes Butz

Harald, you should use TomatoShade if you want dynamic reflections. The options under "Adjust General Rendering" all have their purposes written below the title, most of them suggest their function as "essential" in terms of dynamic reflections.

Whenever you install a new aircraft (obviously) as well as a new livery you need to run DynamicReflectionMaker and apply a profile, then go into TomatoShade, load your profile (PTA profiles work as well, but you need to check the options as suggested above yourself), then click "apply" and only then enter the sim.

Julian Evans
2 hours ago, Johannes Butz said:

Whenever you install a new aircraft (obviously) as well as a new livery you need to run DynamicReflectionMaker and apply a profile

@Johannes Butz I thought it was only to new aircraft installed. I added new Liveries to the A320 yesterday, and have the reflections ?

J0hannes Butz
9 hours ago, Julian Evans said:

and have the reflections

I had the custom reflection map on the new liveries. Additionally my airplanes are as bright as during the day when not running the procedure after adding liveries... got used to this method in version 2.0 of TomatoShade

Julian Evans
31 minutes ago, Johannes Butz said:

I had the custom reflection map on the new liveries. Additionally my airplanes are as bright as during the day when not running the procedure after adding liveries... got used to this method in version 2.0 of TomatoShade

Cheers Johannes. I didn't have that issue. Using the same version

J0hannes Butz
1 hour ago, Julian Evans said:

I didn't have that issue

maybe this was in 2.1... I don't really remember... but anyways, this way you eliminate potential faults for everybody that is new to the topic ;)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
J0hannes Butz

I found these two little problems with the latest reflection profile, wanted to kindly ask if you could fix & upload those in a free minute the next days?

Johannes Beck

Hi there,

to relieve your patience until Andrew is back in town, I provided updated Tomatoshade profiles for the A319 which can be found here: 

• Like 1
Marvin Toepfer
1 hour ago, Johannes Butz said:

Marvin, did you run TomatoShade again after installing the profile?

Tried again but doesnt work with the 319. Ist still black.

J0hannes Butz

Can you confirm you have enabled dynamic reflections in P3D and have selected the options marked as "essential" under "Advanced Reflections" in TomatoShade?

Marvin Toepfer
8 minutes ago, Johannes Butz said:

Can you confirm you have enabled dynamic reflections in P3D and have selected the options marked as "essential" under "Advanced Reflections" in TomatoShade?

Under Advanced Reflections, there is everything marked in my preset.
In P3D, dynamic reflections is enabled.

• 2 weeks later...
Marvin Toepfer

Once again me :D
Has anyone a profile for the 320? All I can find is not for the new version of the A320.