Jump to content

.258 - Thank you, it's perfect now!


Nuno M Pinto

Recommended Posts

Nuno M Pinto

As per the title, thank you, your work notices, the aircraft behaves great as with previous versions and the performance is now top notch.

I'm off to enjoy the bus as it deserves to, can't wait for the '19!

Small note: Landing lights still aren't seen by ACARS programs, but that's a minor thing.

 

Hats off to you FSL!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Dave Hyde

This feels like a belting release. I just took off from Heathrow at night with 25 steady frames and it has never been close before. The aircraft has been ahead of the platform I think it's fair to say, but LM have come through nicely here and allowed this bird to do what FSL have been trying to expose for some time. The new release has plenty of improvements as well, so it's a great combination.

The new CFM sounds feel like a real step up for me. I've flown as a passenger in a lot of Air Canada 320s and behind the wing it now sounds pretty much bang on. Everyone has their own areas of interest but for me I can't tell you how nice that is.

Improved overall frames day and night lead to smoother panning around. And I'm only just getting started.

Congratulations to the developers on a great job.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Jose_Monteiro

Posted at another thread (

) but unfortunately and although very satisfied with what I was able to try in just a couple sessions, I completely lost steering tiller functionality, and that old problem of ADF and ILS not syincing with the chosen stations also reapeared ...

Link to post
Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi Jose,

that part of the code has not been affected by the updated version - perhaps there was something you had set up that got lost after the update? The tiller settings in the MCDU for example?

EDIT: Perhaps you need to start a new thread about this, it's not the right place for it here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Roi Bennoun
1 minute ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Hi Jose,

that part of the code has not been affected by the updated version - perhaps there was something you had set up that got lost after the update? The tiller settings in the MCDU for example?

EDIT: Perhaps you need to start a new thread about this, it's not the right place for it here.

Hi Lefteris, 

Can someone from the staff acknowledge issue with grey cockpit windows ? So at least i will know its not just locally on my end ? 

Link to post
Lefteris Kalamaras
Just now, Roi Bennoun said:

Hi Lefteris, 

Can someone from the staff acknowledge issue with grey cockpit windows ? So at least i will know its not just locally on my end ? 

Again,

not the appropriate thread to be posting this Roi. We saw your post in the other thread and we are investigating, as I said a couple times, if I am not mistaken.

Link to post
Roi Bennoun
Just now, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Again,

not the appropriate thread to be posting this Roi. We saw your post in the other thread and we are investigating, as I said a couple times, if I am not mistaken.

Nope sorry didnt see any staff acknowledge there is an issue with that. 

Anyway, thank you ! 

Link to post
Marc Ehnle

Holy Mary,

That's what I call an update :D

Looking at the performance alone: I have an i7 6700k not overclocked, a GTX970 and a fair but not superfast 16GB RAM... Using P3D4.3, AS4 and ASCA, 4 cloud layers, pretty dense sliders in P3D and a zoom of 0.8 I have steady locked 30 FPS and NO stutters, not even a single one, departing FlyTampa's Corfu with approximately 6/8 clouds. unlocked it's almost at 50FPS.. Seriously, guys... THAT's a wow-update =) and I'd like to repeat it: NO stutters at all... 

LOVE it!

 

Could you give me the 319 now? please? :lol:

  • Like 5
Link to post
Till Lukas
18 minutes ago, Jose Francisco Ibañez M. said:

Can’t wait to try! Seems that I’ll enjoy my forgotten Airbus again.

I have very similar specs. There is absolutely no reason why it shouldnt behave on your sys with SMART settings

  • Like 1
Link to post
Jose Francisco Ibañez M.
I have very similar specs. There is absolutely no reason why it shouldnt behave on your sys with SMART settings


I was very happy with the latest P3DV3 version. Since first V4 till .237 i had always stutters no matter what settings were applied.
Link to post
Marc Ehnle
1 minute ago, Jose Francisco Ibañez M. said:

 


I was very happy with the latest P3DV3 version. Since first V4 till .237 i had always stutters no matter what settings were applied.

 

 

often the real problem is found not inside the P3D environment or the A320 but in the windows setup. Even a "bad" hardware selection of the fastest components can decrease the performance, if it doesn't match up. there's a lot taking influence and - unfortunatly - it's up to you to play with your system until it really works nicely. But there are several pretty good threads on avsim, here or in other developers' forums. I had to play around too to get a nice setup and I could achieve a lot with some smaller NVIDIA Control panel settings.. 

Link to post
Marc Ehnle
2 minutes ago, Onur Kacan said:

Is true glas integration a part of this update or do we have to avoid rain for now :) ?

true glass won't be part of any of their airplanes. they have developed their own rain effect and it will be introduced with the release of the 319... and will later be retrofitted into the 320.

Link to post
Onur Kacan
7 minutes ago, Marc Ehnle said:

true glass won't be part of any of their airplanes. they have developed their own rain effect and it will be introduced with the release of the 319... and will later be retrofitted into the 320.

Sounds good.. thanks for the heads up.

Link to post
Antonis Kastrinakis
9 hours ago, Onur Kacan said:

Sounds good.. thanks for the heads up.

Onur, check out Blackbox711's Twitch stream here. It shows the bug/rain effects quite nicely.

Cheers!

Link to post
Jose_Monteiro

Then the 21, and.... one day maybe even a 30 and a 40 !!!  Or …. 50 !!!!!!!!!!

They can skip the 80, but I would love one too :-)

 

Link to post
Onur Kacan
7 hours ago, Antonis Kastrinakis said:

Onur, check out Blackbox711's Twitch stream here. It shows the bug/rain effects quite nicely.

Cheers!

This looks great! Thanks for the link Antonis.
I don't like the short one so patience then :D 

Link to post
NilsUnger
3 hours ago, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

We don't have rain and bugs yet but they did add saint Elmo's fire in the 320 and it looks fantastic

They did? Looking forward to this experience.

Link to post
Peter Meinel

Did a flight LIPX-LOWI, overcast at LOWI, rain, AS, ASCA, PTA, ORBX, Envtex, DL on. This flight was the smoothest

I ever had in the A320X, no stuttering. Thank you FSLabs, great job!

Peter

Link to post
J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S

Its really smooth. I was getting 40 fps at KMSP, with cloud shadows, full traffic (UTLive) and SSA 2X with a Radeon r9 290 from 2013. The only possible explanation is that they're removing custom systems and replacing them with the ones in the default a321 or something  :lol::lol::ph34r::ph34r:

They keep adding stuff and the plane gets smoother and smoother with every update. Good job  :)

Now, please stop wrapping up the A319 and release it, ok guys? it must be well wrapped already.

Link to post
M_i_k_e_V_o_g
23 minutes ago, Tom Boden said:

Maybe time to get the canaries ready? 

Too soon, let the dust settle over this one.

 I believe there is a hotfix of sorts coming up for the 320 and I don’t see the 319 being released prior to this 

Link to post
Christopher Tumminia

Just got done updating last night and putting her through a few flights and wow it is great!!! Thank you FSLABS, now please release A319.:D

  • Like 2
Link to post
J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S
9 minutes ago, M_i_k_e_V_o_g said:

Too soon, let the dust settle over this one.

 I believe there is a hotfix of sorts coming up for the 320 and I don’t see the 319 being released prior to this 

I think we will just see a sudden release for the A319, instead of a date being given upfront :ph34r:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Tom Boden
1 hour ago, J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S said:

I think we will just see a sudden release for the A319, instead of a date being given upfront :ph34r:

Yes I think that too, I've been quietly hoping for it today! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...