Start up issues with the Sim

James Bartlett

James Bartlett

Good afternoon all,

Is anyone else having issues with Concorde X on start up. I had to do a windows reinstall so I'm running fresh V3.4 with V1.39 concorde X, no matter what the start up seems bugged out, I launch the Sim with a Piper 3J set for default scenario select concorde and click fly loads in she starts in a wheely and flops down everything is running then the annoying beep starts and everything cuts out all the gauges go weird and you cant cancel the beep ?

I have also deleted the defaut scenario I created and launched P3D with the raptor on start selected concorde and launched and it does the same thing

I have also uninstalled Concorde and re installed still the same ??

sometimes if I'm lucky I get a good start of the sim... I can't just click load panel state because I've found when ever i get this bad launch the engines never start even with loading panel state and clicking request repair

regards

James

• Sad 1
Ray Proudfoot

James,

I’ve just loaded a saved scenario I flew yesterday and it’s fine. Have you checked the contents of DLL.XML if you have reinstalled?

Marcell Csendes

Actually, I experience the same issue. For me the engine stops, DC goes off, etc for some reason, what I can actually notice is sometimes the Concorde's DLL file does not load. When I reset the scenario, the figher jet's engine also goes off.

Could be related, if I have installed FSLA320 for P3Dv4, too?

As the problem for me come, when installed v4 and a few extra planes, etc

Ray Proudfoot

Marcell,

You don't list your OS in your sig. I'm assuming it's Win 10. I have Win 7 so it could be related to a recent Windows update. Try rolling back a week or so and see if that fixes it. Microsoft have been known to bugger things up with Windows updates.

Make sure too that you run P3D in Admin mode.

Marcell Csendes

Hey Ray!

Yes, it is the latest Windows 10, it can't be that, as when I installed the Concorde X yesterday with 3.4 it just went fine, everything worked for a day. Shortly after I have installed V4 and A320X at midnight, I have flight a short with the AIrbus, then when I woke up today, started the Concorde and thing went crazy. 

So far I have nothing else installed other than a few extra mods, but it's related to V4. 

My DLL looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
	<Descr>Launch</Descr>
	<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
	<Disabled>false</Disabled>
	<Launch.ManualLoad>false</Launch.ManualLoad>
	<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>LHBP_objectPlacer.dll</Name>
		<Disabled>False</Disabled>
		<Path>Modules\LHBP_objectPlacer.dll</Path>
		<Commandline></Commandline>
	</Launch.Addon>
	<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>FSLOptions</Name>
		<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
		<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLOptions.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
	<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>FSLEvents</Name>
		<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLEvents.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
	<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>FSLSounds</Name>
		<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLSounds.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

The Object Placer DLL is actually for a Scenery, but as I said, it was installed yesterday, too and and worked, so it can't be in this case.

Ray Proudfoot

Marcell,

Those entries look okay but I notice you don't have entries for FSUIPC or Active Sky. Unusual.

I assume you have the Piper Cub as your startup aircraft?

From the P3D Startup menu try loading one of the supplied Concorde Preliminary flights. That puts you at Stand 421, Heathrow.

James Bartlett

Marcell.

I have also found its a little annoying and concerning for VAS but in P3D set your default Scenario with the piper cub anywhere in the UK for example I used Duxford set that to default. Close your Sim and reload into P3D once its launched on your on selection screen change the piper to concorde and then change location to heathrow and select 420 as your gate and it seems to be more consistant on launch. still happens but not as often. I also have V4 and A320 installed so maybe linked not sure

also Win 10 pro and running in admin mode

Marcell Csendes

@Ray Proudfoot 

I actually don't have FSUIPC installed yet, afaik's it's not a requirement, I know it's a must addon, but first, wanted to try the plane itself and see how it looks, so didn't bother with it. I don't have ActiveSky for P3DV3, just for V4.
My startup aircraft is the fighter jet, haven't modify it so far, but does not really matter what do I load, as even the fighter jet's engine stop, so I beleive it's a bug somewhere in the SIm or somewhere near happening.

But this only happens, if I load the Concorde firsts, so if the fighter jet loads with the default scenario (don't change anything), then it's cool, but once the Concorde loaded, on each plane gauges dies, engine stops, etc.

@James Bartlett

To be honest, I don't think it's matter where you really start your Sim, as I have started it almost on each airport, including EDDM, LHBP, KJFK.
So far on each airport worked well without any problem. 

I thought about the Windows Update as well, although the Windows was simply like a 2 hours edition Windows 10 Pro, as I just wanted to do a fresh & clean install for these planes.

Ray Proudfoot

@Marcell Csendes, understood regarding FSUIPC and AS16.

But you MUST change the startup aircraft to the Cub for Concorde to be successfully loaded. This has been a requirement since it first came out in FSX days. Even the jet will cause problems as you have discovered.

• Thanks 1