Full Confidence

Harry Allen

Ray Proudfoot
2 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

Craig, don't remove these files, they are needed to run the add-on. Don't worry, they don't do any harm by being there. They're just files needed for the eSellerate infrastructure. 

Are they still required if the user wishes to fly a non-FSL aircraft? That was the purpose of my earlier post. They should only be accessed when the A320 is selected, surely?

Markus Burkhard
Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Are they still required if the user wishes to fly a non-FSL aircraft? That was the purpose of my earlier post. They should only be accessed when the A320 is selected, surely?

Ray,

I'm no expert in this but since the add-on is registered in P3D, it is still partially loaded when the sim starts, along with every other add-on that has dll files registered with P3D. This then in turn triggers the eSellerate infrastructure, within which our add-on is embedded.

Ray Proudfoot

Markus,

It sounds a similar process to the 3 DLLs that are required for Concorde. But if I choose to fly another aircraft in P3D it isn’t necessary to load those DLLs.

I manage all this via SimStarterNG which allows the user to control which DLLs are loaded at runtime depending on which aircraft they want to fly.

There’s nothing illegal about this. It just means that DLLs or EXEs that aren’t required don’t get launched.

It sounds as though the relevant DLL or EXE is being launched irrespective of whether the A320 is flown or not. Some may prefer not to have it running when flying aircraft other than the A320 and the system should allow for that.

• Like 1
Dave Wilton

I have faith in FSL to be as good as their word. I will buy the A319 when the time comes. 

Dave

• Like 2