Jump to content

adi_schell

Recommended Posts

adi_schell

Hi guys,

I just have a short question:

Does the A319 coming out before the aerosoft a318/319 release is (expected 26 June)

or does this nice project take a bit longer?

 

Best wishes and happy working on the project

Adi

Link to comment
John James

Hi,

Never thought I'd say this but after some 29 flights and over 58 hours in the FSLabs A320 X, flying in FSX-SE, I'm really enjoying this aircraft and plan to spend a lot of time in it too.

Are there any plans to release the A319 currently in development - for FSX too?   Or will you only release for P3D?

I would hope that you might consider the many hundreds of FSX users who enjoy your products - and those like myself who are unable to take advantage of P3D for the moment.

Kind regards,

 

Lee 

Link to comment
Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

it will be P3Dv4 only for the 319

Even if they released the  319 for fsx they couldn't put all the new features they previewed in it because of the memory limitation.

more and more developers drop fsx every week for a reason. The grass is trully greener on the other side

Link to comment
On 6/9/2018 at 4:07 PM, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

it will be P3Dv4 only for the 319

Even if they released the  319 for fsx they couldn't put all the new features they previewed in it because of the memory limitation.

more and more developers drop fsx every week for a reason. The grass is trully greener on the other side

Hm,

 

Pity you take that view.   FSX, certainly the Steam edition, has lots of distance in it in my view.   As a former tester for MS in years gone by, I can vouch for the longevity of the many versions of Flight Simulator, FS9 included.   Yes, I appreciate the limitations of the 32-bit platform, but with careful management of VAS, I am really enjoying the simulation and it has taken on a new realism for me with the addition of REX Enhanced and AS16 plus Cloud Art.  Add to this, the work of such developers as Orbx and I have a very real looking SIM - and all very manageable!  I have to say that I have had no OMMs with the FSLabs A320 X.  I also have the PMDG 747, 777 and now the QW 788 and 789 and they all work - no OMMs.

As for the grass being truly greener, well, I see just as many problem posts with P3D as I did with FSX, so while it may be 64-bit and no threat of OOMs, there are still issues with that platform - as there will be with any sim.   All I can say for me is that, having moved up to FSX-SE, my flying experience has really gone up a few levels in realism and I have had very few issues with this version of the sim since I began with it last September.

I appreciate that the 32-bit environment will limit the new features, but I am of the opinion that there would be significant sales of the A319 for FSX, minus a few features that might topple it under 32-bit conditions.   Judging by the sheer quality of the A320 X in FSX-SE, the A319 would be great, even if it didn't have some of the newer features.

I see you are a Verified Member, but thankfully not one of the FSLabs team - so I hold out hope that the Team may in fact look at this option.  I really believe there would be sale milege in it since the P3D users have not yet outstripped the P3D users.

And of course people who cannot avail themselves of the option to use P3D because of licence limitations, would be very happy to see an FSX version of the A319.

Just my thoughts ....

Cheers,

 

Lee

  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, John James said:

I appreciate that the 32-bit environment will limit the new features, but I am of the opinion that there would be significant sales of the A319 for FSX, minus a few features that might topple it under 32-bit conditions.   Judging by the sheer quality of the A320 X in FSX-SE, the A319 would be great, even if it didn't have some of the newer features.

I see you are a Verified Member, but thankfully not one of the FSLabs team - so I hold out hope that the Team may in fact look at this option.  I really believe there would be sale milege in it since the P3D users have not yet outstripped the P3D users.

Hi John (great name by the way:D), here’s my two cents on this.

There certainly are still many users on FSX but from what I’ve heard from Aerosoft and Orbx, many of those users are making the transition to other sims, mainly P3D v4 and X-Plane 11. With this in mind, combined with the fact that many of the features that are v4 only seem to be very closely woven into the A319, I don’t see a substantial payoff for the extra time and effort required to make that happen. The A319 is also coded to run in a 64 bit environment so trying to port it backwards to a 32 bit sim would also require development resources that would be better spent on the 64 bit editions.

As for your second statements, I’m assuming you meant to say that FSX users have not yet outnumbered P3D users. I’d if that is still the case, it won’t be for long. A 64 bit sim allows for so much more realism and performance that many would be silly not to at least consider making the switch. There will always be those who don’t make the transition for a variety of reasons, such as cost, system specs, etc, but I’d personally expect to those to be really the only users left on FSX within a few years time. Spending precious development time and resources on an essentially dead sim would be a financial mistake for FSL in my opinion, just based on how quickly the user base is shrinking. 

Anyways, that’s just my opinion on those two things. Have a great day!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Lucas Frolio
11 hours ago, John James said:

Hm,

 

Pity you take that view.   FSX, certainly the Steam edition, has lots of distance in it in my view.   As a former tester for MS in years gone by, I can vouch for the longevity of the many versions of Flight Simulator, FS9 included.   Yes, I appreciate the limitations of the 32-bit platform, but with careful management of VAS, I am really enjoying the simulation and it has taken on a new realism for me with the addition of REX Enhanced and AS16 plus Cloud Art.  Add to this, the work of such developers as Orbx and I have a very real looking SIM - and all very manageable!  I have to say that I have had no OMMs with the FSLabs A320 X.  I also have the PMDG 747, 777 and now the QW 788 and 789 and they all work - no OMMs.

As for the grass being truly greener, well, I see just as many problem posts with P3D as I did with FSX, so while it may be 64-bit and no threat of OOMs, there are still issues with that platform - as there will be with any sim.   All I can say for me is that, having moved up to FSX-SE, my flying experience has really gone up a few levels in realism and I have had very few issues with this version of the sim since I began with it last September.

I appreciate that the 32-bit environment will limit the new features, but I am of the opinion that there would be significant sales of the A319 for FSX, minus a few features that might topple it under 32-bit conditions.   Judging by the sheer quality of the A320 X in FSX-SE, the A319 would be great, even if it didn't have some of the newer features.

I see you are a Verified Member, but thankfully not one of the FSLabs team - so I hold out hope that the Team may in fact look at this option.  I really believe there would be sale milege in it since the P3D users have not yet outstripped the P3D users.

And of course people who cannot avail themselves of the option to use P3D because of licence limitations, would be very happy to see an FSX version of the A319.

Just my thoughts ....

Cheers,

 

Lee

I do see the point in your statement, but 32-bit simulators (such as FSX) are becoming out of favor. Due to the shear amount of innovation and new technologies in the FS industry, I do believe it would be somewhat costly to continue support for these simulators. As a simmer coming from steam addition, the restrictions that come with 32-bit we're too much for me to bear when I started to pile up the addons. 

 

I can very much relate to your current stance though, as FSX:SE was where I started out.

Link to comment
Philipp Schwaegerl

A short question. Will  P3D v4.3  be one of the requirements for the FSL A319? 

Because I am not sure about the whole PBR thing. Wouldn't this mean a very deep cut in the engine? 

Yes, I saw the livestream about the A319 in v4.2, but still... 

Link to comment
John Brosnan

The great thing about being a new hire at BAVirtual is flying this great aircraft since I'm at the bottom of the ladder. The A319 will make flying for BAV even more enjoyable!!

Link to comment
Christopher Bull
On 6/12/2018 at 9:55 AM, John James said:

And of course people who cannot avail themselves of the option to use P3D because of licence limitations,

What limitations? It clearly says the you can purchase P3D for the purpose of simulating flight. 

 

If you are you using your PC to simulate flight for yourself, that is also allowed. 

 

There really is no excuse. 

 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...