Mainboard CPU Temp

Khoa Nguyen

Khoa Nguyen

Hi,

My mainboard temp reaches 110°C (boiling :lol:) and CPU is at 80°C while flying p3D / FSlabs.

Anyone has same problem ? 

Thanks

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz    80 °C
    Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (10-10-10-30)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H97-PLUS (SOCKET 1150)    110 °C
Graphics
    S22B150 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)    53 °C
Storage
    465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD)    31 °C
    232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD)    35 °C

Michael Badermann

Hi Huy (?),

In have same OS and nearly identical components. Here are my my temps only for comparison...

- CPU: 63°C (hottest core, have not checked the frequency, but I think its lower than 4 GHz)
- Mainboard: ~30°C (Asus Z87-Pro)
- GTX 970: 63°C (just starting the fans)
- SSDs: ~25°C

Unfortunately I am no computer expert who can conclude what the reasons are...sorry.

Regards, Michael

• Like 1
Lars Hajema
1 hour ago, Huy Khoa Nguyen said:

Hi,

My mainboard temp reaches 110°C (boiling :lol:) and CPU is at 80°C while flying p3D / FSlabs.

Anyone has same problem ? 

Thanks

Have you ever cleaned your pc from the inside? Dust is usually the culprate when a pc is running that hot

• Like 1
Khoa Nguyen
26 minutes ago, Michael Badermann said:

Hi Huy (?),

In have same OS and nearly identical components. Here are my my temps only for comparison...

- CPU: 63°C (hottest core, have not checked the frequency, but I think its lower than 4 GHz)
- Mainboard: ~30°C (Asus Z87-Pro)
- GTX 970: 63°C (just starting the fans)
- SSDs: ~25°C

Unfortunately I am no computer expert who can conclude what the reasons are...sorry.

Regards, Michael

Your CPU temp is great, your cooling must be good, thanks anyway for your reply.

2 minutes ago, Lars Hajema said:

Have you ever cleaned your pc from the inside? Dust is usually the culprate when a pc is running that hot

I cleaned my pc regularly, so i dont think dust is the problem :( , I doubt the temp sensor has the problem, as I touch the mainboard from the other side or inside the pc, it is not that hot..

• 2 weeks later...
Doug Miannay

Just a thought... you might remove your heat sink from the CPU, clean off the old thermal paste, and reapply a new bead, then reattach the heat sink and see if you get slightly cooler temps.  You're fine at 80C, but you don't want to be hitting the high 80s and low 90s.

J0hannes Butz

what part of the motherboard reaches that temperature? Do you have enough airflow in your PC? Maybe just one of the probes fried out?

80° on the chip is a bit warm, especially for an AIO equipped system...

Pauga Kini
On 4/8/2018 at 9:49 PM, Huy Khoa Nguyen said:

Your CPU temp is great, your cooling must be good, thanks anyway for your reply.

I cleaned my pc regularly, so i dont think dust is the problem :( , I doubt the temp sensor has the problem, as I touch the mainboard from the other side or inside the pc, it is not that hot..

Hi Huy

Your temps are way too high and I note you are running on liquid cooling. By default, temps should be a lot cooler i.e. mid sixties or at its highest, around the early 70's under load and even these are a little high for those on liquid-cooling. 

Try what Doug has mentioned, reapply some TIM and re-seat the CPU Cooler, be sure to thoroughly clean old TIM using rubbing alcohol or like-material. When done, reboot the PC and try to monitor the CPU and MB temps initially via the BIOS. I have the same CPU and I also live in a tropical country but my idle temps are around the low 30's, low 40s' to late 50's under load, on air cooling. 

Another question, what are using to monitor your temps? Have you tried other software or have your tried booting into your BIOS and checking the readings there? It could very well be a faulty sensor or software. Have you tried CoreTemp?

Kind regards

FSL_Temps.jpg