Flight to LPPR From LEMG

David Murden

David Murden

Thank you Andrew, that’s PTA with my tweaked VC lighting. Plus a config tweak to shadows.

I forgot to mention @Christian Mohr For his wonderful work and also for taking on feedback.

David Murden

You need both PTA + config tweak to get that look.

For the light and Contrast within the VC, PTA

pta-setting.jpg

Within P3D because I don't use 4k only 1920x1080 with a 1070 I can with my other setting use SSAAx4 because I only fly in daylight so I turn off DL. I have shadows quality at max.

The tweak is to change this line to 4096

OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096

Hope that helps Andrew.

David Murden
48 minutes ago, Antonio Catao Jr. said:

Great!

Wich sceneries are you using? ORBX?

OLC Euro/vector.

Antonio Catao Jr.
2 hours ago, David Murden said:

OLC Euro/vector.

Great! I have it too.

What are the configurations of yours, for the sceneries in the simulator? 3cm?

Stefan Geppert
23 hours ago, David Murden said:

You need both PTA + config tweak to get that look.

Hi David,

i want to Keep my PTA Settings, but your "shadow lines" look very smooth.Is this done by the config tweak "OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096" and the shadow Quality = max in the P3D internal Settings?

Actually i have the shadow Quality = high in my config but the "shadow lines" look still very edgy (even with Setting the shadow Quality to Ultra, it still Looks Kind of edgy compared to the rest of the textures in the sim)?! And which antialiasing Settings do you use in P3D Settings? i use 8xMSAA, the lines in the sim look very smooth (not edgy) with this Settings EXCEPT the shadow lines like describes above. That confuses me a Little bit?!

Thank you!

Stefan  

David Murden
2 hours ago, Antonio Catao Jr. said:

Great! I have it too.

What are the configurations of yours, for the sceneries in the simulator? 3cm?

30cm

15 minutes ago, Stefan Geppert said:

Hi David,

i want to Keep my PTA Settings, but your "shadow lines" look very smooth.Is this done by the config tweak "OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096" and the shadow Quality = max in the P3D internal Settings?

Actually i have the shadow Quality = high in my config but the "shadow lines" look still very edgy (even with Setting the shadow Quality to Ultra, it still Looks Kind of edgy compared to the rest of the textures in the sim)?! And which antialiasing Settings do you use in P3D Settings? i use 8xMSAA, the lines in the sim look very smooth (not edgy) with this Settings EXCEPT the shadow lines like describes above. That confuses me a Little bit?!

Thank you!

Stefan  

I have AA set to 4xSSAA as my screen res is 1920x1080. SSAA is so much better than MSAA. Shadows quality is really helped by setting OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096 if you have a 1080Ti you can even try

OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=8192 :o

3 hours ago, lulsgate said:

Wow, what amazing shots!

Thank you.

Stefan Geppert

Hi David,

ok, my Resolution is 3440x1440, so 8xMSAA is far enough in this case ^_^ maybe i should try 2xSSAA...i will give it a try

I will try the "OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096 " Thing... I dont have a 1080TI, "just" a vega64 (what runs fine in P3D V4 also!)

Thanks