Concorde X - no 4:3 / regular screen option

Ben Griffiths

Ben Griffiths

I've just purchased Concorde X (as I've only just moved over to FSX from FS9).

FS Labs / Settings / Options screen there's no 4:3 option - only a 16:9 option, which is not very useful as I'm running a 4:3 monitor.

temp.png

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot

Ben,

It’s not possible to configure Concorde for a 4:3 display unfortunately. I’m guessing you’ve had that monitor a long time as most if not all displays these days are 16:9. Maybe time to treat yourself to a new monitor / TV. I use a Sony 32” HD TV which works really well and was much cheaper than the equivalent monitor.

Be aware higher resolutions than 1920 * 1080 are not recommended so avoid a 4K TV. But a 64-bit version of Concorde is being planned which will open it up to 4K displays if your graphics card has the grunt.

• Like 1
Tony Hanratty

Hi Ray.

I've been running Concorde at resolution 3840 x 2160 on a 4K monitor since day one with no (noticeable ) problems.

Do FSlabs caution against resolutions greater than 1920 x 1080 ?

Ray Proudfoot

Tony,

I don’t have a 4K display so I’m only advising from previous posts on this forum where people have run into OOM problems.

Each time a 2D window is opened it uses up VAS which is not released when it’s closed. Open enough of them and you’ll get problems. If you’re not doing that then fine but the INSs need updating on most flights so that could be a problem.

FSL have updated their recommended specs with 1920*1080 being ideal.

Ben Griffiths
On 3/9/2018 at 5:59 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Ben,

It’s not possible to configure Concorde for a 4:3 display unfortunately. I’m guessing you’ve had that monitor a long time as most if not all displays these days are 16:9. Maybe time to treat yourself to a new monitor / TV. I use a Sony 32” HD TV which works really well and was much cheaper than the equivalent monitor.

Be aware higher resolutions than 1920 * 1080 are not recommended so avoid a 4K TV. But a 64-bit version of Concorde is being planned which will open it up to 4K displays if your graphics card has the grunt.

Thanks Ray,

Is that something that's been dropped? The above screenshot is from the manual.

Ray Proudfoot
53 minutes ago, Ben Griffiths said:

Thanks Ray,

Is that something that's been dropped? The above screenshot is from the manual.

It looks like it Ben. I’ve only known 16:9 but it’s quite possible there was a 4:3 option in the early days.