Christopher Orlebar

Fraser Gale

Fraser Gale

You may have already read or heard but I thought I'd post to inform our little community here anyway:

Sadly Christopher Orlebar, former BA Concorde First Officer and 737 Captain has passed away.

He was probably one of the best know pilots due to his book "The Concorde Story" which he wrote at the request of the original General Manager Concorde Brian Walpole.  His book was one of the best if not THE best because it was readable regardless of aviation or technical knowledge, and it is sad that the seventh edition will likely be the last. 

If you don't already own his book, I'd urge you to buy a copy for your collection.

R.I.P. Captain Orlebar 

• Sad 1
Ray Proudfoot

I hadn’t heard so thanks for the post. I bought his book a couple of years ago. Great read. Such a nice person. Thanks for all he gave to the world with his knowledge and enthusiasm. Condolences to his family.

Steve Prowse

Sad news indeed, I bought his book years ago, and as you say Frazz the best,  in fact I’m still reading it; it’s a brilliant reference.  My sincere condolences to his family.