Would Concorde X....

Siraphob Santironnarong

Siraphob Santironnarong

Hello, I would like to ask you that in Concord X would have some of this feature or not.

- Ground effect related to nose down tendency

- The engine schedule unit

- SURGE!!!

- Brakes fan, Brake O/Heat effect

- Protoype/ Pre - production model

PS.- Sorry for bad english. English language is my second language and I'm try to study it.blush.gif

???? - If you feel uncomfortable with my question. I'm apologize about that.

Regards

Siraphob

Andrew Wilson

Only the production models are included, we've spent two years working on them.

Engine schedule simulation is included, tied into the two NASU's (Nozzle Angle Scheduling Unit), each of which comprise of two separate NTRC's (Nozzle Thrust Reverse Control) units, which use various protection systems (ASOV's, wind down systems, etc.) to ensure that the primary and secondary nozzles are positioned correctly. We've also accurately modelled the ability to engage the two inboard engines into idle reverse; using bleed pressure from the outboard to drive the nozzle into position. In order to ensure sufficient pressure is available, the NTRC sends a signal to the outboard engines to accelerate slightly - and you'll be able to see this on the engine instruments whilst the reverse buckets are in transit.

Some of you may have seen on the ITVV Concorde DVD these systems being tested as part of the taxi checklist - and you'll be able to simulate the 'Reverse air shut off check' in Concorde-X.

Engine surges, intake failures, engine fires, hot starts, fuel leaks, reheat failure - all modelled. As are brake fans, and brake overheat effects. I don't think any aircraft has been modelled in this much detail before for MSFS.

Siraphob Santironnarong

WOW Thats FANTASTIC!!. I'm really excited about this plane.w00t.gif

Is it possible to see the engine getting surge from overload the air bleed like open all anti-ice,

using idle reverse and full load on air condition while idle thrust during descentblink.gif like some small jet aircraft like 727?

Also, is it possible to modell some mach cone that visible which some time occur during cruise or period when aircraft enter the supersonic. I'm know that its kind of weird thing but I have seen some TU-144? picture which have the mach cone visible at nose and at the tail.blink.gif

Andrew Wilson

Not on Concorde - the de-icing systems were electric, so they didn't use hot air (bleed air) from the engine. It's more likely to surge from a failure of the intake control system.

With regards to the Mach cone, I've not heard of that being visible on Concorde before (I'm sure if it was, someone would have got a photo...). I'll ask around - if it was, we'll add it. Do you have a photo of the TU-144 and Mach cone? I'd love to see it!

Andrew Wilson

Yes, looks like it's an edit. It would be an impressive site if it did show a Mach cone, and there would probably be a few more photos of it.

We do have high-speed wing condensation effects for you to enjoy though smile.gif

Siraphob Santironnarong

Yes, condensation on wing is very impressive to me. It look by far more realistic than PSS!!.But, I think the condensation on both wing seems to

rotate in only anti-clcokwise in front view. Which I though that the direction of rotating should be rotate to each other. Mean that left hand wing

should have vortex rotate in anti-clockwise and right hand wing should have vortex rotate in clockwise.

Also, in FSX is it possible to make a smoke tire flow into the vortex shape after the plane has touchdown?smile.gif

At low altitude, the white halo is formed by condensed water droplets which result from a drop in air pressure around the aircraft

I don't think the "white halo" effect will occur on Concorde, because at the altitude where Concorde can broke the sound barrier, the air is so thin that there couldn't be enough water in the air to form a visible water droplets.

Regards

Yufeng

Siraphob Santironnarong

Also, would Concorde X have some feature about

- neutural outer elevon during supersonic

- stick shaker

- incidence trim

- emergency generator or 5th genrator

- icing effect on leading edge/ engine/ window.

- Brake getting lock when pilot apply brake too hard with no antiskid

- Jettison fuel effect

- out flow valves

- Wx radar

- fuel consumption due to engine scedule

- surge due to improper using engine schedule unit

thanks for replysmile.gif

Andrew Wilson

No weather radar - it can't be done in FSX.

The engine schedule configuration is based upon a number of parameters, not just the selection you command. It's therefore impossible to surge the engine because of an impropper selection, as it'll just revert to LO rating.

Icing effects won't be included - we want to release this aircraft to you before 2020!!

All of your other points have been modelled.

Siraphob Santironnarong

Thankyou very much for your answer.

I just forgot that we can't select the engine schedule unit maunually to high or flyover any time. hahabiggrin.gif

What about eng rating mode? Is it gonna work in FSX? If we change the eng rating mode would this gonna effect the amount of gas that flow in the jet pipe? In FS9 I think it would be all the same whenever eng rating is that select.w00t.gif

And what engine model do you use in FSX. Olympus 593 MK610 or MK 632?? Also, in FS9 use MK632 or not? Because I always see their maximum thrust from P7 gauge reach to about 410 or 417 I think.

Andrew Wilson

The FADEC system is modelled on Concorde-X (Concorde was the first aircraft to have a FADEC system), which includes a complete model of the engine rating system.

We've modelled the Olympus 593 Mark 610-14-28 engine. In fact, we've created our own engine model that we use instead of the engine data provided from the FSX performance model. This allows us to simulate all engine parameters (include fuel flow) in intricate detail.

RXP offer WXR500 for FSX, we can use that one for flight, I hope it can be intergrade with FSX version Concorde, just like PMDG's JS41 offer.

Siraphob Santironnarong

Thanks for your reply.

Concorde X seem to be the most extraordinary aircraft in FSX!! I think it would be very attractive to customer if you show them all feature in this aircraft.smile.gif

What about artificial feel system? Can it model in Concorde X? If it model it would effect the sensitive of manual pilot input?

Also about autostabilization. Would it provide a roll/yaw turn co-ordination function which reduce the side slip angle? Is it model in Concord X?

And about the emergency flight control function would it transmit pilot input via autostbilization? Is it possible to model in FSX

Thanks for reply smile.gif

And these "clouds" only appear at very low altitudes where the air humidity is big. At FL280 there's almost no water in the atmosphere (except within a cloud), so it'll never appear.