Spotlights are not working (FSLabs A32x & P3D4.2)

LeMob

Hello,

today i installed the latest A32x Version. Sadly my spotlights are not working anymore.

What i did so far:

- Setting up the Defender with exceptions

- Clean Reinstallation (2x Time for Spotlight and Airbus)

- Starting P3Dv4.2 as an Admin

So...any other solutions for me?

Gerald Krutsch

Hello,

there are several topics already opened regarding spotlights.

Have you read them? What error message do you get or how do you know they ar not working?

Did you install the correct version v 2.0.0.7?

Regards,

Gerald

Don't think so...

I've got no Spotlight at all....not even between 001 and 269 degrees ;).

The loss of lights happens only if the camera (or ACFT itself) faces an angle between 270 and 360 degrees and I can reproduce it as follows:

Gerald Krutsch

Well I also have the 2 folders under Document Add-Ons:

FSLabs -> Aircraft

Spotlights -> Lights

For the documentation and uninstaller I pointed to another drive where again only 2 Folders were created: 1x A320X and 1x FSLSpotLights_P3Dv4.

You might have pointed your installer towards ProgramData / Program Files.

The LAAS folder is something I don't have on my end...

Gerald Krutsch

Besides the pinned debug steps I can't help you. You might need to uninstall all FSL products, delete remaining folders (be sure you navigate everywhere where something might have been installed), eventualy run a registry cleaner, delete your p3d config and let it rebuild...

After the above steps:

- launch again the installer started with the ACFT (don't forget to turn off your AV and most important don't forget to right-click the installer and choose to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR),

- restart when prompted,

- run Spotlights install (again as admin...did not have any trouble leaving my AV on but turn it off since you already had problems with Spotlights)

- add ALL exclusions mentioned in the install notes (document found after unpacking the FSL zip)

- start P3D and apply FSL settings if prompted

Try to go to another ARP e.g. EDDM and see if the lights work...

Edit: Be sure you have choosen to run P3D as administartor under the compatibility tab...

Edit 2: Some 3rd party AV are not completely recognized by W10 and somethimes Win Defender AND your AV solution will run in parallel. A good starting point (if you have a 3rd party AV) would be to uninstall that also and firstly use only Win Defender. Add the exclusions for the FSL Folders in defender and try it out.

Can't help you more than that...

Regards,

Gerald

Try this . and @LeMob. Please change your forum user name to your full real name like everybody else. Thank you.

A: This is because something caused an error in a previous load of Prepar3D and Windows decided to intervene and permanently mark that DLL as unsafe. You need to run "regedit", find the registry setting for

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

and in there, edit the entry for Prepar3d.exe to REMOVE any mentions of

Data = $IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSLSounds.dll>

(or the other FSL dlls accordingly).

Then, restart the sim - you'll get the error message once again, but click Yes, and the application will work correctly this time.

Also, make sure your sim is marked and running with "Run as Administrator"

Hi John,

I'll change my name in a second. 

Thanks for your support. How can i edit / delete mentions? I got only the option for a valvue Change or change binary.

*edit* Searched for FSLsounds.dll in my reg: No results.

Norman Blackburn

Rather than searching for that did you go to the path shown above? What entries did you find there please?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

I've got 2 REG_SZ Files there. Nothing more. I can't edit the REG_SZ with the P3D Path Name. I can only change the value.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi - please change your name to comply with our forum rules. Thanks.

Once you do,  and if you have a ticket open in our support system, let me know the ticket number and I'll try to help you out as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Gerald Krutsch

@Damien Bouilliez reported in another thread that he fixed his issue by running LM skript "Delete Generated Files".

This is exactly what I was trying to explain: updating only per component is error prone! If you want a "garbage-less" sim you must uninstall all addons, uninstall P3D, remove any leftovers and reinstall the new version by scratch.

Also if you are happy how your sim works, your addons work good and no major improovements were made with a new P3D release, you should stay with your install much longer (just skip 1 update) ;) 

Try the fix and if it works, report back so FSL can add something to FAQ (if it's not already there...).

Regards,

Gerald